Why would you buy a gtx1070 over the 980ti?

Why would you buy a gtx1070 over the 980ti?
>Its way cheaper
>If you get an aftermarket its just as fast with better cooling and OC
>6gb is enough for 4k unless you fell for the VR meme
>4k gaming is close to the 1080

nvidia will punish you by gimping the 980 down the road senpai. you better buy the newst version

Why would you buy nvidia crap at all?

4K is a meme too

Because they make the Superior products

>Way cheaper

It isnt, since you cant see the pixels like in VR :^)

Honestly its pretty fucking awesome gaming on my 55" screen with the Ti compared to VR

>>Its way cheaper

It's basically the same price and the 1070 runs cooler, uses less power and is faster.

Well played, but ofc if you cant spot a good deal (because their mostly gone). But I snagged mine for a 120$ less than the cheapest 1070...

Just got a 980ti lightning le for 440 lol.

I will sell mine for $300 once I can actually buy a 1080

Good for you, you spent roughly 300 dollars on outdated hardware that will only feel even more out of date in a year's time

Grats

There's quite the gap between a 1080 and 980Ti at 4K, it's large enough that a 980Ti with a nice OC would struggle to even match a stock FE 1080. The gap between 980Ti and 1070 is pretty decent too, I don't see why you'd buy a 980Ti now. If you already have one then sit tight, you don't need to upgrade, but buying one now seems stupid.

but I have already have titan x in sli

Because as hype as I was for the 480, it was letdown after letdown, culminating in the frying of PCIe slots (inb4 no proof). I'm hesitantly waiting for non-reference versions, as people seem excited for the Sapphire release, but I'm not getting to hopeful just yet.

they're on par now but as time goes by the 1070 will leave the 980ti in the dust.

I'm on Australian Newegg and there's only FE versions of the 1070. Is the non-FE version out yet, or is there a release date?

buy a 480

They can't punish you. They can just give you shitty driver updates which you are under no obligation of using because for the most part all games work on nvidia cards out of the box. The driver updates usually just boost frame rate or break something.

They can't gimp maxwell actually, since pascall is just a shrunk maxwell... if it's optimized for pascall it's optimized for maxwell as well.

Dream on that pascal brough async comput and other features... keep eating shit nvidiots.

Thats some serious bait there.

>gtx1060
>lele

Stop.

The 480 doesn't compete with the 1070. The people who want one are not in the same market. You're better off telling people to wait for the 490 or whatever will be competing with the 1070 in 6 months.

>enough Vram
>4k 100fps gaming easy
>outdated
>dx 12 brings no graphical improvements, only slightly more speed on Nvidiot cards, a lot on amd
>not understanding aftermarket Tis beat FE1070s, that why you dont see them compared...
Well I needed a card right now, and a Ti wont be outdated for several years + a lot cheaper than a 1070...

Snagged a 980 Ti Hybrid locally for $360 a couple of days ago, with a quick and easy OC it boosts up to 1450mhz with a tiny bit of overvolting and never breaks 60c even after playing W3 for a few hours straight. The only thing I was worried about was the card getting gimped later down the line but if what they say about Pascal essentially being a Maxwell die shrink is true then it shouldn't be too big of an issue. Not only does it outperform the 1070 in just about everything that isn't VR, but I also got it with ~2 years of warranty remaining and for less than the 1070's MSRP which we're probably not even going to see for a few months anyways due to supply issues. With driver maturation the 1070 might break the gap or even beat it in some cases but I'm not too worried about that, pretty fucking satisfied with it for the time being and I'll probably just find another one and SLI them later on since the temps are so good.

>gtx 980Ti the post