Guys I need your help...

Guys I need your help, I was fucking stupid enough to buy a second hand GPU online only to find out a shit ton of problems with the goddamn thing.

I bought it for my older system with the MB only accepting PCiEv1.1, anyways it's a Dell HD7700, I've been getting shit frames on games, no matter the settings. Like in CS:GO, whether it be Low or Ultra I'm getting fluctuating FPS from 45-80. What the fuck, it has the latest software and pretty sure it's not bottling it, did I get fucked Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9300-vs-Intel-Core-i3-4160/m832vs2816
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5460-vs-Intel-Core2-Extreme-Q9300/m5754vsm4063
s.aliexpress.com/3yYJ7Zve
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amd driver overhead + dinosaur cpu = 0 fps

are you retarded? i have shittons of fps on my 7850 in csgo newest drivers

Also dell = cheapest piece of shit you can buy that's why your are fucked and gpu doesn't work like it should be.

Build new pc by yourself not fucking dogshit assholes like Dell. You lazy ass fucker.

This.

If your pcie slot is only 1.1 then your cpu will heavily bottleneck any AMD gpu

> Amd driver overhead
This is a meme.
> dinosaur cpu
And this isn't.

My sapphire 7870 still rocks hard with a shitty 100€ cpu

Damn nigga PCI express 2.0 was already available in 2008 cpus

he has dell they are biggest scumbags i bet they are still putting usb 1.0 on newest pcs

I mean for 50$, I thought it was a good deal. Its literally a 7700 and not a 7770, what Im really confused is, the fps is the same regardless of the graphics

The CPU is a Q9300, 70% in most games.

>AMD driver overhead is a meme
Okay kid.

AMD drivers will only use the first core, so anything else also sharing that core, like most dx11 games, will impact performance pretty badly.

>nvidiotard uses stock cpus

roflmao i have i5 2500k oced to 4.2ghz and i'm doing fucking fine with 7850 while you tard using stock clocks

Isnt this just a myth?
Ive seen people running 660s in v1.0

Fuck, will older drivers help or is there a workaround?

Yes but OP is using a q9300, he has horrible ipc compared to modern CPUs.

Latest drivers probably have less overhead, but the pcie isn't a problem. Usually a cpu limited to pcie 1.1 is super old.

check the thermal paste or if the cooler is sitting well on the chip
see if the card is downclocked
if it is bring it back to normal levels
and downclock the memory for 100-200 mhz
also pcie 1.1 will limit the cards capabilities for sure

so he would be screwed no matter if he would use amd or nvidia

the same idiot using the same nvidia infested game to showcase that amd has an overhead and its not related to how bad amd does on gameworks games....
jeez

Pcie 1.1 x16 = pcie 3.0 x4, I doubt it'll affect performance much.

But nvidia doesn't have the same overhead issue AMD does.

Thats just how drivers work for DX11 and older. Nvidia actually has a multi-threaded driver due to (nasically) running out of DX11 spec. Most of Nvidia's software advantage is them putting in their own hacks to make shit run better.

Yups, but he would be slightly less screwed by using Nvidia. Then again in this context its like saying plague is better than smallpox because we know how to treat smallpox.

>I bought it for my older system with the MB only accepting PCiEv1.1
PCI-E is backwards compatible. Any PCI-E 3.0 card will run in any PCI-E slot.

I love how you give me shit for bringing up a real issue, without a proper counterargument.

I'm sure his q9300 isn't that bad. He could always upgrade to an x5450

using gameworks games as an example of overhead at amd

literally being this stupid didnt nvidia gave you guys a guideline to shill?

>I'm sure his q9300 isn't that bad

Its 8 years old - AMD's current range of APU's have more powerful cpus in them than that ancient chip.

i give you shit because you dont even use a neutral game and just go to shill using a gameworks game that even a simple life form like a parasite or in that case you knows..

Here's an AMD sponsored title you incompetent fuck

Yeah, checked, still has thermal, runs around 60c on max load. Downclocked from 1150 to 950, no major difference. Well thats a wasted 50$ then.

>whether it be Low or Ultra
Dead giveaway that it's a CPU bottleneck. Whether it's from driver overhead or not doesn't really matter at this point to OP. Should have bought an Nvidia GPU to at least mitigate that possibility though.

Also OP, you couldn't spring for a 750 ti or something? A used HD7700? I like AMD GPUs but JUST

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9300-vs-Intel-Core-i3-4160/m832vs2816

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5460-vs-Intel-Core2-Extreme-Q9300/m5754vsm4063

He could get 30% better performance with a $30 upgrade to an x5460, which should have similar multi thread to an Ivy bridge or haswell i3 I think. I'll have to check though.

since we are shitposting with a 3 years old bench well let me bring you back to reality

sure smells like summer

Doesn't sound like it's the GPU's fault. Overhead could be choking your CPU but I bet if you threw a better CPU in there you wouldn't have as many issues. CS:GO is pretty toaster-tier from a graphics standpoint.

the card is literally being holded back by the pcie 1.1

nvidia paid shills says its overhead

i guess overhead is the new "lower tdp" now

LGA 775 Xeon X5460 Processor 3.16GHz/12MB/1333MHz Close to Core 2 Quad q9650 works on LGA775 mainboard no need adapter
s.aliexpress.com/3yYJ7Zve
(from AliExpress Android)

Should see some decent gains with this.

See
And please stop posting.

GOD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, STOP RUNING MY BOARD

Is this a new meme?

I'm glad dx12 is seeing such fast adoption, but I also wish AMD would fix their dx11 drivers.

why you being so idiotc
he is literally being held back by the port and given that 7770 isnt any monster to begin with its even worse

You smell like a knowyourmeme faggot that uses memes from 2007, lurk more fag.

...There is no 7700

There is, ran the GPUZ test, you can search on google, its the hynix version

Hes not using 1x, he has 16x Rev 1.1, which is equivalent to 4x 3.0 which is the same as 8x 2.0. There have been several tests showing minimal bottlenecking with that amount of bandwidth. The difference between 8x 2.0 and 16x 3.0 is less than 5%

This.

Also FPS variations between 40-85 FPS regardless of graphics quality settings are indicative of a CPU bottleneck.