/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Exclusive: this is what the 2016 Nexus phones, Sailfish and Marlin, will look like
androidpolice.com/2016/07/05/exclusive-this-is-what-the-2016-nexus-phones-sailfish-and-marlin-will-look-like/

>Slide shows iPhone 7 will have wireless charging and waterproofing
gsmarena.com/slide_shows_iphone_7_will_have_wireless_charging_and_waterproofing-news-19214.php

>LG unveils X5 and X Skin mid-rangers
gsmarena.com/lg_unveils_x5_and_x_skin_which_launch_in_korea_later_this_week-news-19213.php

>BlackBerry Classic’s discontinuation confirmed by the company
gsmarena.com/blackberry_classics_discontinuation_confirmed_by_the_company-news-19217.php

>Galaxy S7 battery life with Exynos CPU vastly superior to Snapdragon flavor, here's the proof
phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S7-battery-life-with-Exynos-CPU-vastly-superior-to-Snapdragon-flavor-heres-the-proof_id82900

>Xiaomi will reportedly release a $600 smartphone this year
androidauthority.com/xiaomi-high-end-smartphone-confirmed-701692/

>OnePlus 3 Update Halted, Possibly Due To IMEI Reveal Issue
androidheadlines.com/2016/07/oneplus-3-update-halted-possibly-due-to-imei-reveal-issue.html

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2016/07/05/exclusive-this-is-what-the-2016-nexus-phones-sailfish-and-marlin-will-look-like/
androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/
oppomart.com/zuk-z2.html
golem.de/news/axon-7-vs-oneplus-three-im-test-7-ist-besser-als-1-3-1607-121880.html
phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks
droid-life.com/2016/07/05/oneplus-3-imei/
webcusp.com/smartphone-with-a-heavy-battery-between-4000-to-7000-mah/
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_(2016)-7870.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Current owner of S6, need bigger screen, specs same or better as S6. Note 5 is not an option, S6 edge + seems nice though. any other alternatives?

Wait for the Note 7 or get the S7 Edge.

Does the s7 have removable batter like the s3 did?

If so, what should I purchase with my next upgrade? My biggest wants are removable/replaceable battery and expandable memory.

LG, Samsung, or dare I venture into Chink?

>tfw note 4 is still the best phone on the market
>tfw root and unlocked bootloader for Verizon version
>tfw removable battery
>tfw 128gb SD card

when will a true successor to the note 4 come out?

No it doesnt have a removable battery.

s7 edge is 150 € more than the s6 edge plus, which i find a lot desu. Thank you though

>removable battery
Nice meme

I'd go for the s6 edge + in this case if you don't mind missing an sd card slot. It's cheaper and still pretty good according to amazon.

How is batterylife on the normal s6 with mm?

For those who missed it, this is supposedly the new Nexus.

Link from OP news:

>that shiny something on the back
why?

So continuing the last thread, why shouldn't I buy the S6?

Day 1 buy

I get a full day of it (morning till next morning) with around 2 hours of calls and surfing/mails/docs while at work. I am pretty satisfied

>sailfish
>SAILFISH

FUCK

nexus is kill

Axon 7 release date when?

it's their own creation. I hope google won't put this ugly thing on the back.

News on the pricing aren't out yet I guess?

noice, might get one for inbetween if my smartphone keeps dying. Thought about the s7 but it's too expensive for me.

Looks like shit.
RIP HTC

My LGG4 died and im looking for a new phone. I'm on Verizon so the OnePlus 3 isnt an option so I'm torn between the s7, the s7 edge, or the moto x pure. The exynos S7 isn't usable on verizon so battery life would be a huge concern. Anyone have experience with the moto x pure?

I know, right? Really rare these days, it's making my shopping harder.
What do you recommend?

Note 4 (I know that one has a removable battery) and the LG Gseries. Anything else?

Just a codename.

They've been using fishy names lately

How does it look like shit exactly?

>not wanting the electric blue version

>nexus phone with official sailfish support WITH android runtime

would be goat desu

How horrible is the hardware of a Nexus 5x? (i already know about the lack of SDcard. Just talking about hardware here)

just got myself a Nexus 5X 32gb, did i fuck up?

Boring design also
>Glass back (?)
Lol nope.

Yup. You've literally just shot yourself in the foot.

why are you acting like you know his use case?

I can't care less about SD cards, i own another device for music and I don't store a lot of pictures/apps

Is the LG G4 more prone to boot loops than the G3??I have been using a Lumia 625 with a broken screen for the past 2-3 years and it's time to upgrade to a proper phone.

Yes.
androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/

Zuk z2 looks pretty fuckin perfect specs-wise. What's the catch?

Also will it ever be available on amazon?

z2 pro is way way better
z2 has average camera and mediocre build quality

>Zuk z2 looks pretty fuckin perfect specs-wise. What's the catch?
Unknown chink quality, although it's backed by Lenovo. skinned android and probably no root or roms.

>Also will it ever be available on amazon?
Probably in the future. Z1 is there. It's on oppomart for $300 atm.
oppomart.com/zuk-z2.html

Z2 Pro with 4GB costs 420 and only has 3100mAh to power a 5.2" screen, 6GB variant costs nearly 500.
Considering this the OP3 for 399 is a way better choice if you can live with its faults.

>z2 has average camera and mediocre build quality
Got a link to this? Z2 Looks to perfect and if it gets CM support i want to get one.

Looks sleek as fuck. I really hope it doesn't cost more than 350$

Physical specs of the two:
143.84 x 69.54 x 7.36 (Bottom) ~ 8.63 (Highest point of wedge)
146g
154.72 x 75.74 x 7.36 (Bottom) ~ 8.63 (Highest point of wedge)
170g

Will it have a micro sd slot? Literally the only reason I refuse to buy a nexus phone. Samsung already released a 256gb micro sd card on amazon.

The Galaxy Note 7 will be just that

There's literally zero chance it'll be unlocked and rooted on a carrier cucked model.

Need an unlocked phone for daily use, must be at least 5-5.1". Currently narrowed down to Moto G4 Plus, Moto X Pure (dat wooden back), Nexus (Huawei or LG), and LG G4. Which one would be a better buy? T-mo/USA

German review of the Axon 7

>golem.de/news/axon-7-vs-oneplus-three-im-test-7-ist-besser-als-1-3-1607-121880.html

They think it is better than the OP3.

And it will be definitely better than the OP3 once the bootloader can be unlocked.

Build quality of the Axon 7 is supreme, but it weighs almost 20% more.

End of this month

Switch over to Boost Mobile. They got the Galaxy S4 for ~$140 on amazon.

Boost has shit service where I work, unfortunately.

Read the sticky faggot OP.

Sup Forums is not your buy advice board

The mods allow this general because it serves as a containment for dumb mobile posters. Imagine if everyone made their own personal thread, aka blog about phone reviews or specifications. Sup Forums would be finished and bankrupt.

There is no official word on the specs, just strongly weighted rumors

No microSD.

Is the OnePlus X good?

Nexus 5X is the best among those options. Might be worth looking into OnePlus 3 too though.

Idk user... the S7 edge just got rooted...

citation needed nigga

>Nexus
>SD
No. please stop shilling Samsung SD cards in every thread, your'e too obvious.

If I buy a Cricket Wireless or ATT Gophone will I be able to use it when I move to Europe

>generic, insubstantially stupid reply

Someone genuinely asked if it will have a sd card. Someone said there is no official spec for the devices. Someone says there isn't any sd card, and then I said provide a citation. I'm not even a sdfag, I'm good with out it. Anyone who does or wants something that isn't what you want, is a shill. Go outside, pitiful that you are aware of everyone's responses in these threads. Cancerous cunt.

There will NEVER be an SD slot on a Nexus device you autistic mongoloid cuntfuck. that I even need to explain it to you already proves how fucking dumb you are. go shill your MUH 256GB SAMSUNG MICRO SD GUISE!! somewhere else you fucking bellend.

Not him but are you unironically going to defending 64GB nexus phones when we get 1TB, 2Gbps write speed micro sd cards for ~$100?

How much is google paying you?

S7 Exynos + Gear VR for 750€, should I fall for the meme?

What's the best out right now? In terms of battery and being stock

Probably the redmi note 3. The chinks have won the battery life war this time. Almost gets 13 hours of contius web browsing at 200 nit brightness.

phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

does anyone here use google's project fi?

was thinking of getting a 6p and getting on that plan

>no microsd slot
>$10/GB
You're literally getting cucked twice.

Pic related only costs me $55 a month with boost. Could use 100 or 200 GB, it would still be $55.

meme fi would have charged me more than $300 lmfao.

got my first smartphone last year

zenfon 2

it had everything i was looking for and more

>unlocked for that cheap
>not having to get jewed by rogers even harder

I'm interested in the ZenFone 3 but I heard ASUS have shitty/nonexistent update support

i still get updates all the time

actually kind of annoying

Those aren't real updates. You're still stuck on lollipop forever.

JUST

So, how long until I can take a ZTE Axon 7 to Straight Talk on Verizon's towers with an unlocked bootloader?

droid-life.com/2016/07/05/oneplus-3-imei/

Why do people keep throwing money at these morons? It's like they're actively searching out ways to be stupid.

Name one thing OnePlus hasn't fucked up.

>using stock rom on a OP3
isn't that like
against the point of it?

Which phones have the longest battery life?
Assuming I don't care about storage space, camera quality, speed, etc.
Military fag, spending lots of time in the field.

Just get one in europe

My vzw note 2 does everything u mentioned about this note 4 and its non pentile
Also running CM13

>new shots of the iPhone7 leak
>they actually got rid of the headphone jack

kek

Moto x pure had one
Returned it and went back to my note 2 in a week
LCD sucks compared to amoled and no notification led sucked too

>There will NEVER be an SD slot on a Nexus devic
I dont fucking care, you illiterate imbecile. That's not the point

How obtuse can you possibly be? I simply said citation needed for an answer that was provided when no concrete info has been documented. I dont care if it doesn't have one. I'm 99% sure Ill get it as long as it isnt too expensive.

Your autism is embarrassing and youre obviously under the impression that everyone who post is the same person. Stop posting

Is there a reason why I shouldn't buy a 2015 flagship? I am currently using an S4 and looking at a G4 to get later this week from Amazon. 2016 flagships are just too costly.

>RN3P
But what about muh bands?

810 was a really bad chip, but getting a zerolemon battery would negate the battery issues of it with a G4

Where would I even buy one? Shows unavailable on Amazon which is the only merchant linked to on the zerolemon website, and it is $100+ on ebay. Would make more sense to go ahead and get a 2016 flagship if I were shelling 100 for a battery.

Anyone ever buy a redmi note 3 from topmall China on aliexpress

I just purchased one as well. Spent hours researching it and others, hate buying tech. Seems to be great buy at the $275 price point though.

hope you like yours

I just had to make this exact choice, Tmobile and all. I research the hell out of any tech I get. Went with the LG 5X in the end. Amazon has it for a good price with Prime right now.

LG G4 was backup but boot loop kept me away. Would be a great buy at the 179$ I saw it at though.

Moto G4 plus was tempting, but 5x beats it in most every category while being cheaper currently on amazon

>LG 5X
>no expandable storage
why even buy a phone

Thoughts on the huawei p9?

So do the unlocked LG G4 and G5 not work on Verizon or am I mistaken? There are Verizon variants but the price of the phones through verizon are $100+ more than the unlocked models through other vendors.

The Oukitel K10000 has a 10 000 mAh battery with meh specs

check out this list
>webcusp.com/smartphone-with-a-heavy-battery-between-4000-to-7000-mah/

What are the top 3 smartphones regarding speaker quality RIGHT NOW??

I simply dont need it. Dont get me wrong I find it annoying that it doesn't have one, as I currently have a 32gb card in my moto g 3rd gen. But I dont take many photos or videos, and my music and movie library is fairly minimal.

I may live to regret it, but I hate clutter and constantly delete unneeded shit. So I should be fine.

To each their own.

Already have a Droid Maxx, but damn I wanna pull the trigger

Guys, can we talk Android flip phones that I could use in the US? I have such a strong urge to get one, but most are Korean and have pretty odd quirks.

You guys, these threads are so depressing lately. What did we do to deserve this absolute shit selection of phones?

Nah it's you. Get enough sleep and eat more protein.

I picked up a OP3 and got a nice flip case for it to avoid the fingerprint battery drain problem, works great and the battery is doing well even though people complained.

Other than maybe a powerbank for traveling and stuff are there any accessories that people would recommend?

Thoughts on the Galaxy J7?
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_(2016)-7870.php

Network is AT&T and I'm looking for anything (preferably smaller form factor) for around 300$, don't care too much about performance.

What do you guys do with high spec phones these days? I've got a Z3C and literally use it only for normiebook, clover and the occasional photo taking.

I also just got the OP3 and an Anker PowerCore+. The thing has been great, but you may also want to check out OnePlus' own power bank. Cheap and effective.

I doubt they will put removable battery in a Note phone ever again. I'm surprised they put the SD card back in for S7/Note6