Broken CRT Issue

Anyone know whats wrong with this crap? And how to fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=vertical amplifyer in TV Circut
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

damnit, forgot to mention that its an old black and white coby radio/tv thing

Ask here:

Degausse.

Looks cool.

Wack it.
That's how you fixed things back in the day.

thanks, but its not a computer or a video game

obama removed all analog TV channels and replaced them with digital so that you can be tracked VIA tv and they could open up some more radio spectrum for phones and IOT. one of the side effects was that all analog TVs no longer worked without a 'converter box', basically a backdoor digital receiver. the government used subsidised programs and gave these away to allow poorer people to still receive their television nutrients and started requiring tv manufacturers to embed them in all new televisions. no my friend, the revolution will not be televised, unless you have one of those. certain groups with knowledge of the broadcasting industry (including those involved with the max headroom incident of 87') are currently working on pirating those very signals. nearly the entire repeater infrastructure is still there and a few techs are working on reclaiming them one by one. once they have all been prepped the broadcast schedule will be posted on the darkweb which should slowly leak to the reswt of the internet. remember thet real eyes realize real lies.

This.

this isnt about tv channels, its about the tv having a distorted image dumbass

It's pretty cool looking though. You should sell it as modern art on ebay or something

It may not be a video game but the retro video games board is more than likely your best place to ask about it, they have a CRT general.

does anyone know exactly what this is so i could at least research it myself?

yea i realized that a bit ago, already posted my issue there

Thats a valid technology:

The analog circuts are supposed to draw a scan line Z on the screen, and the horzontal looks fair, but the vertical is messed up.

a COBY was a bottom of the line set.
and there is like 15KV in the coil defection circuits, so its not an easy fix.

You need to tackle the non-linearity in the vertical amp.

google.com/search?q=vertical amplifyer in TV Circut

Do you happen to know or could you point me to where I can find the info on the perpetrators of the Max H. incident.

+1

the scanning on that thing is completely mangled up
you obviously need to open it up and check, at least the capacitors, for tolerance within their spec
i dont know that much about crts but the fact that the scanning doesnt even cover the whole screeen area makes me think that either the high voltage transformer or the triac driving the tube ray is gone bust or about to (ymmv though, old tech still amazes me)
and yes, pay a visit, no one on Sup Forums will help with this kind of old stuff, that is unless you dont just wanna bin it

jesus i was just hoping it would be a "stick a screwdriver in the coils" type fix. im not really into fixing circuits and all that jazz

stfu

i fixed the problem: i used another power cord

rip lol. idk why it even worked, the adapter it came with, and the one that works with, are the same voltage.

The one you tried was probably not the correct one or it failed.

I'll also agree that something with your deflection is seriously fucked.

g564vn7iqlc7ilalfx37alfx37al53v

dot onion