Quick Sup Forums

quick Sup Forums

talk me out of buying a 4 year old 50' Plasma TV

it's the LG 50PV350

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/46784936?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227035583546&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=78193585592&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=152161471232&veh=sem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dont do it user

but I hear that plasma > IPS

>not owning the best display tech ever released
humanity does not deserve something so magnificent.

actually good response times, capable of framerates that can actually fool the human eye, viewing angles that ips monitors could only dream of.

oml why would something so amazing lose to something so awful (lcd) ????

it's like the elite realized it's godly goodness, and determined that casuals weren't worthy of it.

Who needs 50 feet of TV?

I have a 60' Samsung plasma I bought a few years ago. fukken love it m8, looks amazeballs

Why? Plasma > LCD

If anything, i'd avoid it due to its age, since plasma screens have a shorter lifespan than LCD/Oled screens.

lol oleds have the shortest lifespan of any tv ever.

plasmas are easily fixed once they deteriorate

see this is what I'm talking about, Sup Forums has been memeing plasma for so long that I don't know what to believe

the store that's selling it is shutting down and they're selling everything there for cheap

my friend used to work there as tech support and he told me that they used it to display ads for a while

should I pull the trigger and buy it or are the viewing angles shit cause it isn't IPS?

If its cheap, buy that shit.

>should I pull the trigger and buy it or are the viewing angles shit cause it isn't IPS?
holy fuck you're stupid plasmas have the best viewing angles. ips is retarded meme by lcd fags to make idiots buy another lcd bcus of how shit the tech is.

let someone worthy buy the t.v

because your dumb fuck of an ass will most likely cause burn in.
not the kind of burn in you're used to recieving from anal sex.

nope this burn in you will not enjoy.

well how much is it?

The pros and cons of Plasma have been well understood for a long while. Yes, Plasma has great viewing angles and they have extremely bright images, however; even later models are susceptible to 'burn-in' (google it) and most of them are garbage at reproducing blacks, similar to CFL backlit LCDs.

If you're not hung up on color accuracy, vigilant about burn-in, and don't mind the fact you'll be stuck at 1080p when 4K TVs can be had for piss cheap (I bought a 55" 4K a few weeks ago), then go for it. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $150 for one.

it's cheap but I'm a poor student

aight m8 you convinced me, if you see a "I fell for the plasma meme" thread with Wojak in the OP tomorrow know that it was me

>it's cheap
in USD, please
or CAD. i don't care, just give me a number

$276 (converted with google)

What country do you live in? If you live in the U.S., you're getting jewed hard. As I said here, I wouldn't pay more than $150 for one.

walmart.com/ip/46784936?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227035583546&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=78193585592&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=152161471232&veh=sem

Here is a 4K, 50", LED backlit TV for $299.

eh
i mean that's a bit much imho

Meh it isn't that cheap

I bought a 60' LED TV for about $350

Considering it has already been used... up to you.
Personally, i wouldn't buy it.

Last thing, Plasma is the most energy hungry of the 'current' TV technologies. You're looking at $3-4 USD a month to fuel one of them in the U.S. with regular use, as opposed to $0.50~ or so to feed an LCD.

you americans don't know how easy you have it

the cheapest (new) 40'' 4K TV I can get where I live costs $568

>buys a shit panel
>listens to randoms shitposting his shit thread
>thinks this is memeing
>think this reflects the technology as a whole
WHY ARE IDIOTS LIKE YOU ALLOWED TO LIVE

>You American's don't know how easy you have it.

Actually I do, which is explicitly why I asked "Where do you live?". Numerous people asked you for this detail in this thread already. Without knowing where you're located, I can only use my anecdotal situations to assess the situation and formulate my opinions.

Where do you live?

I'm in a 3rd world country and even here you can get a 4k 42' TV for ~$320

Wow you really drank the kool aid the user. Plasma is very power hungry, it had fast response rates but not frame rates, you can't get a 120 fps plasma TV but you can buy a 4k tv , set it to 1080p AND 120hz and you've now got a really nice gaming set up.

Screen burn.

Only going to happen if you use it as a monitor

Or watch shit at 4:3. My old plasma TV had lines burned in where the sides of a 4:3 image would be. If you only watch 16:9 it should be fine.

Shit that's a good point. Oled phone and tv has me spoiled.

OLED has burn in too, but modern implementations are nowhere near as bad as people think. As long as you don't display a flight schedule on it 24/7 it should be fine.

plasmas are okay but you really are better off just getting lcd at this point.

you can get better color and blacks, but compared to new shit its nothing to brag about, and thats only if you actually take the time to professionally calibrate it.

while with an lcd you get lighter weight, less power consumption, less heat, better sharpness, and using the 'game mode' no noticeable input lag when hooking up something like a console.

Black borders mean the pixels are off - they won't burn in. If your using it as a monitor with a static background or menu items then maybe. I've used 3 galaxy phones with oled and none have had any burn in issues. Maybe some display models in the shops with brightness cranked up but that's it really

My S3's eMMC died and the screen was flawless, even with brightness at 75% during the day displaying the status bar for up to several hours at a time.

No doubt, my note 3 had been an absolute trooper but the screen is blurring noticeably when I use clover and scroll in night mode ( which is what I'm doing now) I've used this phone for literally hours every day though

I'm getting dead pixels on my Note 4 Edge.

Shit that's only two years old. I'm just about to sell my now 3 and get a 4 this weekend because of the higher res screen, and also the 4k mhl 3.0 and faster charging.

Every Galaxy S2 I've seen has burn in to some degree, at least the status bar. It's a matter of age, most people go through phones too quickly for it to become a problem.