Which is better if I just want to dual boot it with windows to tinker with in my spare time?

Which is better if I just want to dual boot it with windows to tinker with in my spare time?

Arch

Seconding Arch, purely because if you fuck up, reinstalling Arch to a workable system takes significantly less time than reinstalling Gentoo.

Arch isn't objectively better than Gentoo but it definitely takes less time to get up and running, especially if you have any familiarity with linux

nobody dual boots in the current year, grandpa

Is there a more user friendly way to install arch?
Is arch anywhere good?

>dual boot it with windows
Just spin up a instance in hyper-v

Architect, Manjaro, or Antergos

and no

Arch Anywhere is pretty good. It leaves you with a lighter end result and it's just a tiny bit easier than the other alternatives. Try it, I think it's highly under rated.

>Is arch anywhere good?
Arch is shit. If you want to tinker with Linux run fedora or centos.

>Arch
no firewall

>Gentoo
no point

bye

sudo pacman -S ufw
sudo pacman -S gufw if you're lazy.
sudo systemctl enable ufw.service

this, grab an LTS release of one of the real distros like centos, ubuntu, debian or suse, so you don't have gigs of updates breaking shit every other week when you try to use it

I try Manjaro

Is it really that bad?

If you want to learn shit, go with Gentoo

If you break something in Arch, you will be tempted to just reinstall it from scratch since it's so easy, specially since you can use shit like Architect, Archboot and Archfi

Gentoo is a lot more work to install so you will be motivated to fix the problem instead of just reinstalling it (after installing Gentoo a few times it gets easy, though)

>so you will be motivated to fix the problem instead of just reinstalling it
Wrong! Run to Ubuntu and shitpost about how bad Gentoo (or anything else) is. This is how it works on Sup Forums.

Just use any linux distro.. You'll learn everything after a while.. The learning curve in gentoo is too steep. If need be, and you really want gentoo, use Calculate Linux..

Teach me your ways sempai

Installing Gentoo isn't really for doing when you're bored, it's hard and forces you to learn a lot of stuff

If you just want to mess around to have some fun, get a newbie distro, it's pretty easy to get the hang of everything with them

Sorry meant for

Gentoo is better in every single way except for its tedious install. You could use the provided stage4 and you'll at least skip the kernel configuration.