HELP! (Please)

Anybody have experience with RFID chips? My fridge uses filters with a chip on them, and of course the GE brand (expensive) are the only ones with chip. If you use an off brand, there will still be an error on the front door...baka

get an expensive one once
cut out rfid
glue it on cheap filter
use it

I gave that some thought, but i think i would be in the same boat 6 months later. I'm assuming they "expire" every 6 months as this is the recommended life of the filter... was hoping there was a way to read/write the data on the chip so i could fake it...

it came with a bypass plug, so i tried switching to that, now the door just says "not filtering" which doesn't fly with the wife unfortunately. I put the old filter back, but it remembered that it was a used filter...

Those filters "expire" after a certain amount of time. Chances are your water filter is still good. Just use the same one for twice as long and buy an expensive one again.

Agreed that it's still good, i've always gone way longer than the recommended length on past refrigerators, but this one has a big blinking red message and i want to get rid of it. It even tell me is X days overdue...so annoying...

>Merica
>Land of free
kek

Is your wife mentally handicapped and doesnt realize it's just the manufacturer being jews and non chipped filters would still work?

Get a rewriteable RFID tag and a reader/writer

read tag, figure out what needs to be changed for it to not expire/reset expiration

write that data to the tag

remove gay RFID thing from filter

replace with the one you control

Stop buying things from companies that do this IRL DRM bullshit

Good luck, especially when RFID cards for transportation and finance are becoming the norm.

>woman
>mentally handicapped
do you have to ask?

Why does your fridge have RFID reading air filters?
Why does it have air filters?
Why does it have the ability to display messages

Why do you need a fridge that does more than cool your fucking foodstuff?

install gentoo on your fridge

What the fuck kinda jewery is this? Never even heard of this before.

no, the only thing she doesn't like is not filtering the water at all, says she can taste the difference. I'm just trying to get the message to clear... wish is was like my last fridge where i could hit the light switch five times to reset it...

I never would have bought this fridge if i knew this...

Looking at these now...not sure i'll own the fridge long enough to pay one off with savings on filters... most are over a thousand bucks!

>baka

Fuck you weeb.

>he buys drm'd appliances

What you can do is tell people never to buy GE fridges

That's what you get for buying some stupid "smart fridge"

>RFID chip
>on a fucking fridge

This is what you get for marrying a woman that drinks meme water.

>Reading this thread
>OP's fridge has RFID, filters, capable of giving messages
>Look over at my fridge
>Vibrating softly under the counter, rust slowly creeping up the side of the door, emitting a rhythmic wheezing sound like it has done for the last six years
>Still actually does it's fucking job as a refrigerator

Sometimes I think about replacing it, seems like it's a good job I haven't.

What the fuck is the RFID even for?

Pretty sure I've seen RFID writers for well under $100 on DX or some other chink shit website a few years ago. I don't remember any details because I had no interest or use for it, just remember that I saw it and thought "oh cool, didn't know you could do that". Ask for help in finding one perhaps.

Whether or not it will help you in another story, there are few RFID standards and there may be encryption involved too. Just return the fucking cancerfridge and get a normal one. Next thing we'll see will be washers that only accept nanomachine-encoded detergents at this rate.

Actually we already have all the parts for that.

Well not nano machine locking washers, but holographic nano particle locking washers. If they don't find the tiny beads with the special holographic image then they stop and reset. Similar systems are used for advance security controls for a few things including money and military explosives. It is actually very easy to setup if you know what you are doing, and a number of laundry detergents use similar nano beads as part of their whiting agents. So it would be simple to lock the machine by detergent brand. But could be adapted to other things.

Why don't you just get the official GE branded filter and use that?
Less likely to cause you headaches.

I severely doubt filters expire. all they do is filter out the minerals in the water. You could go over the recommended time if you know your water is hard or soft.

>I severely doubt filters expire.

Surely they'd start filling up with the stuff it filters out meaning it doesn't filter very well after a certain point?

Like how dust filters reduce airflow when filled with dust

>just says "not filtering" which doesn't fly with the wife unfortunately.

The man of the house. Well done.