Radio thread

I bought one and started pulling epic pranks on truck drivers like reporting false weather and traffic. Now some guy named "big horse" says he's going to kick my teeth in.

Anyone else encounter this.

Radio thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

radioreference.com/apps/db/
rtl-sdr.com/an-rtl-sdr-to-rtl-sdr-qso-with-rtl-trx-transmit-rtty-with-the-rtl-sdr/
wa5vjb.com/references/PlanarDiskAntennas.pdf
fcc.gov/general/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law
websdr.org/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AC5ZOx-SsWY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gd43b_ZcuU
cbradiomemories.com/fcc_rules_cb.htm
amazon.com/RTL-SDR-Blog-RTL2832U-Software-Telescopic/dp/B011HVUEME?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&linkId=e6b872ce4bf757ba9f71fbd35a53742e&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=rsv0f-20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope you get fox hunted.

This thread has potental

I did nothing wrong it was all harmless fun.

potentially crashing a semi into a twingo, causing a 50+ car pile up and the most deaths in a single car accident in your country's history

>Anyone else encounter this.

Got this at the advice of /k/
Works super well for listening to local police stations.
Wish I could talk to truckers with it

But this didn't happen. So it was harmless fun. I'm worried because this guy seems about 11 miles away from where I live and he keeps checking in trying to talk to me with locale updates.

what kit do I need to talk to truckers?

I'm going to need to buy a new scanner that does digital decoding (specifically P.25) because I'm moving to a town whose police force just upgraded to unencrypted P.25.

Any recommendations radio Sup Forumsents?

A cb radio from the 1970s and a decent antenna.

careful user, the fcc can hunt you down and fine you. Also they can tell what direction you are in when you transmit.

Pic related I just bought one of these anyone else have one?

Does it work

From the filename and google it's the BaoFeng BF-F8HP, right?

Do you need to do anything in particular to access the police scanners or just tune to the right channel?

Is there any chance of getting USB transmitters in the future or is that completely out of the question?

>anyone else have one
I've got a few.

Not sure if you want this but with an cheap rtl-sdr you can decode p25. Not sure how good the performance is to an actual scanner though.

Pic related

Yea, i misplaced the - in the filename, it is a BF-F8HP.
I can listen in on public frequencies by getting the frequency band online and loading them all through the chirp program and a usb adapter.

radioreference.com/apps/db/

top kek. nice work

My papa just recently started getting crazy about Ham radio. I am way more interested in camping style survival stuff.

I have a slight interest, but I just don't think the world is ending.

>Do you need to do anything in particular to access the police scanners or just tune to the right channel?
It depends on the PD. Mine is a suburb so they broadcast unencrypted on 3 freqs; main, traffic and admin. Bigger cities have trunked systems. I've reached the limit of my experience but I don't think the entry-level chinese radios do trunk-tracking.

He'll probably fox hunt you. I'd call the police if I were you.

Thank you for the insight. I'll do some more research on my own (Particularly about trunked systems) but this gives me a good place to start.

For the rtl-sdr you can do a tiny amount of fsk rtl-sdr.com/an-rtl-sdr-to-rtl-sdr-qso-with-rtl-trx-transmit-rtty-with-the-rtl-sdr/
If you want something proper I think a hack rf is around 300 dollars.
yes

Tell him he's a cocksucking faggot who frequents glory holes at truck stops.

Record his reaction.

Share it with Sup Forums pls.

Aye. Mess with it occasionally but it usually sits in my closet. Still work the money if you are interested in amateur radio. Works great with GQRX.

Are you trunking?

in gonna kick yer teeth in!

No, right now I only have one dongle. I think seperate police groups use a bandwidth over 2.4 mhz so I can't properly listen. Either that or I didn't set up the software right. If I had two dongles I could have one set on the control frequency and one listening to audio.

Hitler did nothing wrong it was all harmless fun.

If you get unitrunker working with the sdrsharp plugin, it will listen to the control channel for radio data, then swap back and forth so you can selectively follow a talk group.

Single dongles do work, but every couple seconds, the dongle has to switch channels to the control channel(data) to see if the voice channel is still active.

I need a indoor antenna I can put on a window. Iwa5vjb.com/references/PlanarDiskAntennas.pdf I know next to nothing about antennas so I was wondering if this would be ok. I am mainly interested in vhf and uhf. Right now I am just using a really long telescopic antenna.

Holy shit thanks. How bad/long is the interruption?

Looking for a good, easy to set up SDR antenna for my Linux machine. Preferably one that I can have outside on my apartment balcony. Any recommendations?

Bump
I wanna hear spooky numbers stations.

You don't have to bump a thread after five minutes, and numbers stations are usually on shortwave.

Op yes

what does this do

Plug it into pc and recieve 24-1700mhz. You can listen to analog audio or decode digital stuff f if you want.

Figured I'd post here instead of making a new thread, but does anyone know where I can get a cell phone jammer?

I have one of these.
Using it to track commercial planes

can I use some of these to make a theremin?

Not enough power over USB for anything good.

Ebay maybe? If not idk maybe buy a cheap radio that can cover GSM frequencies. Be careful because it is highly illegal to transmit (jam) on those frequencies. Like a federal offense. fcc.gov/general/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

Anyone into websdr?

websdr.org/

Not really, from what I just read from Wikipedia about theremins you need something they can transmit at like 500khz. These things can't go below 24mhz and they can't transmit sound, only small amounts of digital info experimentally.

I've played with it a bit. I just wish not everything was sw.

Is there any reason to get a CB radio I've always wanted to get one.

Baofeng UV-5R + DE1103 + rtlsdr + CEPT full license reporting in.

OP is a fag, and I fully agree with gentleman.

where the fuck do you live that cops broadcast on 2m/40cm

I think my state only had one 800mhz license, and that that lapsed a decade ago.

dont buy nooelec or offbrand china shit like you have in your pic
they all work fine, but for a few bucks more you can get a much better unit from rtl-sdr.com
with aluminum housing , thermal pad and proper antenna port

You should listen to Deadbolt's song Truckdriving SOB. m.youtube.com/watch?v=AC5ZOx-SsWY
And the mocker for more ideas on pissing off truckers
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gd43b_ZcuU

>listen to police
what? aren't those comms encrypted?
At least in my country all police communications are P25 and encrypted.
It's useless if they chose to encrypt.

My PD in Europe uses Tetra.
Any chance of decrypting that?

You cn use a hackRF to transmit, I've used one to jam the tv in my neighborhood, with an amplifier obviously

bump

tell them to meet you at a motel and bring some pink champaign.

The FCC has zero sense of humor. If you start enough trouble. They will have some of the local hams triangulate you. Pay you a visit. Confiscate your gear and leave you with a fine. It happens more than you think.

No it's trash. Ham is where it's at.

got me one of these, it was only $30 odd so no major loss but I wish I had got a UK CB radio or a shortwave radio instead as the local ham repeater is noisy as hell and the squelch settings aren't good enough to deal with it and the scanning speed is too slow to find anything interesting

police and other emergency services started using tetra a few years ago and pub/shop watch use digital, leaving buggar all commercial stuff and most people on the CB (27mhz) frequencies

so I feel like if I go ham I'm going to be shit out of luck until I get a licence and start getting bigger and better gear until I can start picking up signals ;.;

>what? aren't those comms encrypted?
>At least in my country all police communications are P25 and encrypted.
Not always. Depends where you live.

I have one, but I lack an antenna :-(

Your a fucking moron. I hope you get the shit kicking of your life.

>I aint got no panties on driver

Your a fucking moron. I hope you get the shit kicked out of you. Then ass fucked by 12 truckers. You idiot.

If its encrypted no, but the are scanners that can decode unencrypted signals.

So angry why?

If you get a small portable one you might be able to hear truckers saying stuff about weather and cops while driving. Idk

>be me
>doing a stint truck driving
>over hear some kid on a really cheap radio
>h-hey guys the weathers g-gonna be bad t-today
>go to where he lives
>bust down the door
>find him browsing some anime forum, looking at something about animal traps
>kick his ass
>mfw

>fox hunted

I always wanted to try fox hunting, but I don't know how to ride a horse.

Truckerfag here. You would like it, it's basically Sup Forums for dumbass truckers, since its relatively anonymous. People troll alot and get called faggots and niggers all the time.

I thought public bands were pretty much fair game? As long as you're not threatening them with death you can lie all you want.

Rule 13 Illegal Communications
{A} You must NOT use a CB station-
[1] in connection with activity which is against federal, state or local law;
[2] to transmit obscene, indecent or profane words, language or meaning;
[3] to interfere intentionally with the communications of another CB station;
[4] to transmit one-way communications, EXCEPT for emergency communications, traveler assistance, brief tests (radio checks) or voice paging;
[5] to advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services;
[6] to transmit music, whistling, sound effects or any material to amuse or entertain;
[7] to transmit any sound effect solely to attract attention;
[8] to transmit the word "MAYDAY" or use any other international distress signal, EXCEPT when your station is located in a ship, aircraft or other vehicle which is threatened with GRAVE AND IMMINENT danger and you are requesting IMMEDIATE assistance.
[9] to communicate with, or ATTEMPT to communicate with, any CB station more than 155.3 miles (250 kilometers) away;
[10] to advertise a political candidate or political campaign (You may use your CB radio for the business or organizational aspects of a campaign, if you follow all other applicable rules);
[11] to communicate with stations in other countries, except stations in Canada (on General Radio Service).
[12] to transmit a false or deceptive communication.
{B} You must not use a CB station to transmit communications intended for live or delayed rebroadcast on radio or television. You may use your CB station to gather news items or to prepare programs.

2 and 12

Source cbradiomemories.com/fcc_rules_cb.htm

Rule 13 Illegal Communications
{A} You must NOT use an Internet connection-
[1] in connection with activity which is against federal, state or local law;
[2] to transmit obscene, indecent or profane words, language or meaning;
[3] to interfere intentionally with the communications of another Internet connection;
[4] to transmit one-way communications, EXCEPT for emergency communications, traveler assistance, brief tests (radio checks) or voice paging;
[5] to advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services;
[6] to transmit music, whistling, sound effects or any material to amuse or entertain;
[7] to transmit any sound effect solely to attract attention;
[8] to transmit the word "MAYDAY" or use any other international distress signal, EXCEPT when your station is located in a ship, aircraft or other vehicle which is threatened with GRAVE AND IMMINENT danger and you are requesting IMMEDIATE assistance.
[9] to communicate with, or ATTEMPT to communicate with, any Internet users more than 155.3 miles (250 kilometers) away;
[10] to advertise a political candidate or political campaign (You may use your Internet for the business or organizational aspects of a campaign, if you follow all other applicable rules);
[11] to communicate with stations in other countries, except users in Canada (on General Radio Service).
[12] to transmit a false or deceptive communication.
{B} You must not use Internet to transmit communications intended for live or delayed rebroadcast on radio or television. You may use your Internet to gather news items or to prepare programs.

>damage control

This. People need to stop getting mad at me. I can do whatever I want with my property I paid for it.

well no but still.

Nice troll though.

>passing Gibraltar Straight
>filipino monkey
>mario
>banana port control
>modern talking - cheri cheri lady
>kabayan paso
Every. Damn. Time.

>en route Singapore
>bbq party
>out filipino 3/O on the bridge
>gets a dsc distress
>didn't log it and din't call the master
>aknowledge it
>too retarded to know wtf to do next
>gets another one
>cancels
>it was a yacht sinking ~20 miles off our position
>one week later master gets 3-page long message from local coast guard
>company got charged for yet another incompetent imbecile playing with radio equipment

Candy caaaaane...

how were you hired

tap

I'm kinda of an idiot at this I kinda want to listen to the police and CB in general.
Does anyone know any good USB Radios or something with 3.5 mm audio exit?

Also wanted to do that, brought one of these digital TV adapter (just like the pic on (except it is blue)), but the only thing I managed so far is listen to FM radio.

usb radios don't send sound to the computer. They send the raw signals which are then processed into sound by the computer. amazon.com/RTL-SDR-Blog-RTL2832U-Software-Telescopic/dp/B011HVUEME?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&linkId=e6b872ce4bf757ba9f71fbd35a53742e&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=rsv0f-20 (rtl-sdr) can cover police and cb frequencies. If your pd uses trunking or digital radio things can get complicated.

Same person here, my bad I didn't see the or part.

This is a joke and the FCC dosent give a flying fuck about the CB band.

Not one flying fuck. None.

I have some old radio that can pick up CB. what said, it's full of old people verbally shitposting. And lots of hispanics.

Why the fuck do you want to talk to truckers?

This please. But say it slowly and with a calm voice.

Trucker here. Can confirm. Dregs of society, us.

My kinda people.

That's a HAM radio dude.

Unless you're licensed, don't transmit. You decide to harass other people with it, eventually local operators will fox hunt you and either

A: Kick your fucking teeth in
B: Have the FCC fine you into your next lifetime.

Though HAM radio is a good hobby; should look into getting licensed.

Having seen a few HAM guys in my time, I'm going to say B is a lot more plausible than A.

The whole FCC thing is a little overblown. It takes alot on the HAM bands to get the FCC to come to your door.

If you are transmitting on commercial, aviation, or civil, you should expect a visit in short order.

CB and GMRS the FCC doesn't really give a fuck about unless you're doing something really retarded like creating a shit ton of noise or havoc for an extended period of time, enough to get attention.

HAM Radio operators who did the work and tests covet their bands and if they hear someone fucking around they'll do whatever they can to nail you.

Yes they can complain all they want, but the FCC is VERY lax in enforcing. They closed much of their field offices a few years ago. Budget cuts, etc.
I hang out somewhat on eham. and get to read all the butthurt about the FCC

Bumpin with info-graphs for the ignorant

large image