Speccy Thread

searched catalog, no speccy thread

finally got a decent gpu in this rig

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this the new desktop thread

pretty much

Hey guys. Lets circlejerk over our computer parts. Look how cool I am. I bought da 1070.

get used to it

my holding pattern pc while i wait for prices to calm the fuck down and bench marks to release

As opposed to what? That mentality could be applied to any thread on this board.
>hey guys look at this awesome program I made in "insert language here" ! Cool huh?
>hey guys look at my $250 keyboard

Each thread is different and has its own ups and downs. Don't like it? Then why did you bother coming In here to post?

i tried

Boy, never heard that line, for any daily thread on Sup Forums!

:^)

Nothing particularly amazing, but it's good enough for 1080p@60fps

Does that Occulus come with a face warmer?

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

The fuck are you doing with that powerful of a system? Operating a spaceship with the rift?

hey faggot, looks like you forgot to mention Intel!

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html

>When you purchase your system with a mainboard and Intel x86 CPU, you are also buying this hardware add-on: an extra computer that controls the main CPU. This extra computer runs completely out-of-band with the main x86 CPU meaning that it can function totally independently even when your main CPU is in a low power state like S3 (suspend).

THERE IS NO ESCAPING THE BOTNET
unless you're using some old as fuck processors
also, this is in AMD CPUs as well

I wanted to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, but I realized I don't need to for 3 years.

waiting for zen with cautious optimism, if that motherfucker bombs I'll eat a dick and get a i7. r8 my current 1k$ shitposting machine

Adding to the table.

shitty specs. Last upgades I'm doing is getting a 212 evo and 16 gb of 2133 MHz ram... After that I will build another pc.

Recent build, can't wait for Sapphire's 480.

>Inb4Windows8
I like it, I just use shortcuts on the desktop instead of start (which are all shortcuts themselves)

Might as well upgrade to W10 if you're already on W8, it's W8 but better performance.

Did you seriously buy the 480?

>XFX
>480

Shit nigger what are you doing?

Nothing wrong with the 480 unless you believed the hype saying it would magically beat a GTX 1070 for half the cost.

It trades blows with the GTX 970, that's what it was targeting from day 1 and it goes neck and neck with it in DX11 and beats it in DX12 games, while costing $100 less.

Maybe when there are any dx12 games I want to play. Otherwise 10 is a bag of worms I don't want to deal with.

The bag of worms was from w7 to w8, and still exists for those on w7 moving to w10.

But if you've already moved to W8, W10 is hardly a change

I have telemetry updates blocked, and I have a more consistent UI than 10. It's pretty comfy. W8 hasn't given me troubles at all. Since this is a recent build I installed 8 directly.

Also W10's updates are horrendous, I've never had my pc force me to update. Only at my command. W10 is definitely worse than 8.

It's old, but it works.

are you retarded? You can set W10 before it updates just like W8, there are no "forced" updates. You're just retarded and didn't configure your OS when you installed it because you're a fucking pleb bitch.

Are you joking? There are many cases where windows 10 changes user settings back to automatic updates.

Also implying I ever installed w10.

An older high end cpu with a newer mid range card, that's the way to to it, nice PC.

You don't even have the choice of what updates you want to install. You're forced to take in every update whenever you choose to have them download and installed. I'm on 8.1 as well and I refuse to use 10 because it's a piece of shit that hardly offers anything I can't already do.

Ebin thinkpad

And ebin desktop

May end up swapping the cooler for the 480. It's fine for now though.

Can we Screenfetch in this thread too?