What browser should I use?

Hello Sup Forums, I need your help.

I need a browser that works on Windows/Linux/Android that can also sync your bookmarks.

I used Firefox since 2006, but now it's not good as it was.

I'm currently using Google Chrome, but mobile version it's currently shit and there's not as much freedom of choice as i want.

Should I use Opera?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plug out your computer

firefox

I think Internet Explorer would fit your needs best

Nice double dubs, faggot

But as I've just said, I'm still having problems with Firefox, the mobile version is pretty sloppy, but it has some good extension that chrome mobile doesn't have. The desktop version does not play youtube videos very well. Also flash problems.

I'm trying to find if there's a REAL alterantive to Chrome or Firefox out there.

well meme'd my friend.
Now you should try to answer

Safari

>Firefox is not good as it was
bullshit

I'm really liking Vivaldi so far

Prove me that i'm wrong:

>Youtube videos does not play well
>start up time is double as chrome

Well, I'm installing it.

Spend some time in the configurations, there's some stupid shit options enabled by default (like that bizarre tab cycling)

I'm actually liking it.

torch

midori
otter

>sync bookmarks
just use kde connect like a normal person and send links you need to.
You don't use the phone and computer for the same things anyway

for youtube:
try with h264ify addon

for startup time:
get an SSD/a better CPU

mpv+youtube-dl
I agree it's getting worse now though

I like Edge desu

Opera is bredy gud

Anyone have an issue in Firefox with some webms just not loading all the way, and you have to refresh multiple times to get it to finally play, if at all? This doesn't happen with every webm, it's arbitrary.

Chrome consumes your ram
Firefox has bloat preinstaled in it
IE is outdated
Safari is Apple exclusive
Opera is like Firefox but worse (no opera, I don't want to buy your shitty vpn service)
Vivaldi is still unestable and has shit performance
opera 12 same as IE
edge still lacks a lot of standard features (adblock, webm compatibility, etc)
Midori just Works

pls rec the best
(this is a bump post)

downloaded midori, it crashes on startup for some reason

Your issue might be more than just browser choice.
Firefox became unusable for me--stopped scripts everywhere, streaming video and even audio stopped working--so I did a major clean-up, malware protocol, and uninstall purge, and Firefox is running well for me now.

here

Yeah, if crashes then your best choice may be firefox. Even with the pocket shit installed to it.
Just add adblocker and disconnect, then you are ready to go.
>B-but sea monkey
Oh shut the fuck up. If it's faster its not fast enough to notice + disconnect,ublock,ghostery and adblock don't work, so it's basically a slightly for atosecond vanilla faster. but becomes cripled and slower without blocking addons.

why does it crash tho?

I'm using waterfox, its fine but its always asking me to activate adobe flash, and can't see for instance Twitter embeds on some sites, have no idea why though

Neither do I. I thought midori crashing was a "just in my pc" thing.
Ccleaner may fix it, but I havent tried yet cause it would erase all my accounts already in my browser.

If you use macOS and iOS (as you should) then use Safari. Other choices don't compare.

Opera died in 2013. The only decent choices now are SeaMonkey and Firefox.

Samefag.

Try Naked Browser.

No, just two separate people who aren't complete retards like you.

btw, it's only for mobile and you can't sync as far as I know.

I see two potential options besides Safari;
1. Being tracked like crazy
2. Using a shit tier browser

Iridium + Firefox

Any customizable browsers (not chromium based) that aren't slow as shit (firefox)?

Opera

Just use Chromium and uncheck any privacy-sensitive "feature"

Sleipnir with Fenrir Pass.

This UI is really shitty

Brave browser

if privacy is not a serious concern, Google Chrome with privacy badger, scripts off, auto delete user data. Currently looking into Midori, probably better from what I hear.
Otherwise don't use the Internet, I remember hearing somewhere RMS just gets the Raw html data and that's it.

Firefox and SeaMonkey are great, and there's always Opera 12.16

I kinda like it.

hi there fellow Opera user
I like it too

Opera!!!
it's fast!!!

>not using brave
>being a cuck

Opera. Currently the best.

Opera died three years ago.

Stop being a faggot and use firefox

And reborn. After those years it finally got mature enough and is sexy.

I'd recommend Intranet explorer
Crazy fast

It's still a piece of shit compared to what it was.

>chink botnet

wow, there are other "browsers" than chrome? how have they not died yet, someone put those poor things down

>The desktop version does not play youtube videos very well. Also flash problems.
don't use flash.
problem solved.
I haven't had any issues with youtube for a long time on fireferrit. your computer might just be shit.

Vivaldi

Kek

Obera is bretty gud.

I, on Windows 7, always use Internet Explorer for most browsing and old Opera (aka 12.something, pre-Chromium one) for other, including Sup Forums.

The biggest plus for Opera is, for me, that I can simply keep tabs open when I close the browser and load them back again, so I dont have to type all the pages I usually frequently check (like danbooru).

Can I force Firefox to do the same? If not, what other browser would fit my needs?

Please help poor user.

Is there any way to get rid of that retarded blurr at the end of each tab?

I usually keep opened like 20+ tabs, on Chromium Opera all I could see was this stupid blurr, instead of tab name.

>0% market share
But Linux has 2% market share...

Firefox

CYBERFOX!!

Guys, Seamonkey or Icecat?

none

>2%
Try again

It's true, Linux marketshare recently went up.

SeaMonkey

>borsh
????

I don't understand how you autists can have so many problems with browsers.

just use Chromium and shut the fuck up

Disgusting

>looks like shit no matter what you do
>no side tabs
>no tab stacks
>no Opera Turbo
>etc.

Chrome just werks for me everywhere.

opera has been shit since they abandoned primo

Presto

can i scrollwheel-tab surf anymore? nope

What are some essential firefox extensions?

>meme forks

These

uBlock origin, uMatrix, https everywhere, self destructing cookies... I may me leaving some more out

I use safari famalan.

The only thing that I don't like about it is there is no DTA for safari, or uBlock origin for safari. Literally the only downsides

ublock origin in advanced btw, so you don't really need noscript.

Use the extension 'Session Manager' with the extension 'All Tabs Helper'. Use Session Manager to save your session whenever you want, including when you're done browsing. When you open it again, it prompts you to choose whether you want to restore a session. All Tabs Helper will guarantee that the other tabs beside the one that will be the first to open will not load until you select them, which makes your FF-based browser load faster and consume less memory. Just make sure to find that option and make sure it is enabled.

That said, will be better off switching to a FF-derivative rather than the main browser because FF is trying to deprecate its old extension system, so there is no guarantee that the extensions which have managed to work thus far will continue to do so in the future. For this, I recommend GNU IceCat, which is currently based off FF ESR 38; it does not have any of the bloat that has defined versions 40s, and it has better compatibility with some older and still useful extensions.

If you take my advice, don't be a retard and assume that "incompatibility" with some addons is actually true. You need to check the extension's version history if the extension has been updated as recently as 2016 or 2015, in which case, it should have a version of itself compatible with 38. They only don't work because versions 40s are just so architecturally different.

No, GNU IceCat.

If you use extensions heavily, you should consider GNU IceCat because FF is deprecating XUL which means a lot of the older and unmaintained extensions will not only cease to function, but because it's now forcing addons to be signed before they are installed, you will not even be able to install them. You should only stick with Firefox if youlike the new technology (e3s or whatever it's called, which is supposed to make it run faster starting version 48 or 49), or if you are using a development release like Nightly, which I have 0 experience with.

You should consider Seamonkey if you want your browser to also be able to do stuff like IRC chat out of the box, because Seamonkey is not just an internet browser,but an internet suite. I also have no experience with it, but I know that it looks kind of old out of the box.

At any rate, I switched to IceCat 3 weeks ago after 3 years of Firefox and I'm really feeling it.

It depends on what you want, OP. I recommend GNU IceCat but more than likely my needs are different from yours.

Judging by your stay with Firefox, you care about privacy and extensibility and all that shit. So do I. Which is why I switched to GNU IceCat, which is FF without the bloat and brokenness (although admittedly IceCat has some of its own issues, which I could expand upon). I don't know if there's a mobile version available, but I looked at the source folders once and I think I remember seeing "mobile", so maybe there is. But it works on Windows and GNU/Linux.

gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

Let me tell you, I vetted these other browsers, like Iridium (Chromium clone), Otter, K-Meleon, and others, but none of them give you as good looking an experience, as customizable an experience, as private an experience, or as comfy an experience as this freetard haven browser I offer to you now.

Not everyone uses only 5 extensions and 10 max tabs like you do, player. I have a list of 120 extensions I need installed on my browser because FF lacks so much functionality out of the box that my browsing experience becomes slower just because a lot of my tasks would not be automized like they are with having extensions that do certain things that otherwise need to be done manually. And I regularly go to 100+ tabs. On 4gigs of RAM, this makes FF dangerously unstable and slow. I have had many crashes that if it weren't for Session Manager would have made me want to kill myself.

GNU IceCat is more stable than Firefox, and so I use it. But Firefox is on a slow decline here and even long-time fans cannot ignore it. We all feel it.

P A L E M O O N

To answer your question, I did.

A decent enough assessment. You did not mention Chromium at all. Nor did you mention the Chrome botnet.

Install GNU.

We actually use ours; apparently you do not.

There is still concern about it being part of the botnet regardless of it being a separate project. Apparently, Iridium is a more private fork of Chromium, but even it has some privacy concerns.

Dude, at least switch to Chromium or Iridium.

That really depends on what you care about. I have ~~at least~~ 40 extensions I'd classify as "essential", some for reasons of functionality, others for reasons of privacy, others for reason of security. You need to make your specific concerns known in order for us to make helpful recommendations.

>IceCat 3
>2008

I think you're joking, but in case you misunderstood, I meant "three weeks ago I switched to IceCat ver. 38.8.0".

I use the stock browser for TouchWiz/CM, or Tint Browser. That browser works great, even on a toaster oven phone.

Stock TouchWiz browser is not too bad on GNote 4.

Vivaldi
/Thread