Why do we still mount graphics cards directly to motherboards?

Can we get away from the idea of mounting the graphics directly to the motherboard?

And on the power issue, it's a terrible idea to push 75-80 watts through the motherboard when you could use a quality power connector. Why not create a new power pin spec (6+8 pin) for power supplies so that we can get a better quality power supply standard for using new cards, so we can ditch the idea of drawing power from PCI-E.

No

>let's make a new standard

I fear that i understood that you think the mobo connection is only for feeding power to the cards... Rethink your deduction if i'm right

Because pajeet isn't a real engineer, he got a "degree" from a for-profit poo-in-loo school.

>Can we get away from the idea of mounting the graphics directly to the motherboard?

>has no clue about signal loss at increasing conductor length

Is the school already over?

Still relevant 10 years later

Don't mount GPU to mobo for functionality
>Don't mount to mobo for any power

su just...like... sett he gpu on top of your computer case and cross your fingers?

I mean, should I just rub my card on my monitor for it to work?

Should I grind it up and snort the silicon?

Should I shake it around my computer like maracas? Or does that only work for sound cards?

>amd boardfire

no not at all, I can look up the entire spec on wikipedia

>Don't mount GPU to mobo for functionality
>Don't mount to mobo for any power

so just...like... set the gpu on top of your computer case and cross your fingers?

I mean, should I just rub my card on my monitor for it to work?

Should I grind it up and snort the silicon?

Should I shake it around my computer like maracas? Or does that only work for sound cards?

[edited for typos because your retard waves seeped into my brain when posting originally]

What about external graphics

Why are you in favor of a literally more cumbersome solution?

>separate enclosure
>needs its own power supply
>uses more cabling
>does cause more latency

Why would I do that when I can literally just pop off my side panel and throw in a new card when I need to?

Why can't we just plug the GPU pins directly into the monitor so theres no delay or interference from motherboards?

Test

Why is patche there so fat and ugly?

did you post the wrong image, user
it is too early to be having these feelings

is she pregnant and breaking the baby's legs inside her vagina? wtf

I don't like mounting a card directly to the motherboard because I think its a flimsy solution. Ever have to transport your pc in a car on a long road trip? I often have to take my card out of the case and box it up so that i don't risk damaging the motherboard or bend anything.

I'm just providing an example that if we can externally connect a GPU to a laptop, then there must be a way to mount a GPU inside a case much like you would a hard drive. I'm sure there could be some cable standard capable of high speed data transfers.

Forgot to mention I've never had a graphics card that actually "fit" well in it's slot I screwed/attached it to the case. There is always some flex.

Its never too early to discuss GPU technology.

>Can we get away from the idea of mounting the graphics directly to the motherboard?

Probably not, it's not a good compromise but the alternatives have more problems.

> And on the power issue, it's a terrible idea to push 75-80 watts through the motherboard when you could use a quality power connector.

Agreed but it was pushed into the standards many years ago when graphics cards drew single figure wattage and volume manufactures have pressured for it to go up with each new standard because it's cheap to stick a 70w card in a PCIe slot and shut the case as they can use power supplies with fewer plugs and spend less on labour plugging them in. I'd like to see the next slots clamped to a hard limit of 20w with decent regulation and suppression the responsibility of the daughter card manufacture.

Cases are already huge and they are made compact enough to have the important mobo-components close enough. If you have it sitting somewhere else youd have to increase one of the dimensions of the case by alot. If youve noticed Cases are wide enough to support hdds being perpendicular to the mobo and thats about the width of it.

Well yeah thats why screws are there, GPUs have a huge range in volume taken..

Says the unemployed faggot shitposting from his outdated ebay thinkpad.

Put your case in some protective bubble padding retard. No need to take shit out.

Why don't we just plug the GPU directly into our brains so we there's no dely or interference from the Motherboards or Monitors?

is this a shop?
Yaziri pictures without huge bumpy femcocks is pretty unusual.