If you don't have social media like Facebook...

>If you don't have social media like Facebook, normalfags will view you as a future mass shooter or someone with something to hide.
How much longer is this going to go on for? How much longer till you're legally required to have a social media presence? It's getting ridiculous.

Where did you get this from? I'm progressively leaving social media sites and I've stopped using whatsapp completely.

They won't view you as that, they'll view you as a loser with no life and no friends, which is probably true since you're on here.

>caring
kek

Well I communicate with friends by calling them and hanging with them in person. Online friends I talk to with stuff like teamspeak/ventrilo/mumble and chat with steam or whatever.
I really need facebook for absolutely nothing.

Wasn't there some hipster disconnect trend starting up not too long ago?

whatsapp is the new facebook, gramps

Literally never happened
Every time I say I don't have a Facebook account everyone admits they actually don't have a reason to use it but they just keep it because Stockholm syndrome
And I'm a full normie

>mass shooters and suicide bombers dont use social media
its not like isis doesnt even recruit fags via facebook or anything
>legally required to have a social media presence
lol? perhaps if id cards cease to exist
>caring what strangers think about you
get some friends you faggot

>you got me

op if you're not a celebrity, there is no fucking reason to care in 2016 faggot.

They only view me as a contrarian hipster. You should reconsider your definition of friends if they view you as you said.

yup this

I'm reviewing for the licensure exam, so deactivating my fb account seems normal.

Most of my friends don't even use a computer and barely use their smartphone for doing anything but looking up restaurants. Nobody cares.

>How much longer till you're legally required to have a social media presence?

You already are, if you want to have a job more respectable than starbucks barista or basement dwelling sysadmin. Though going by your greentexting and anime reaction image of a fucking shit, I'm guessing that's not really an issue for you.

And the shitposter of the year award goes to OP.

On a serious note are you insane, just log the fuck off the internet and call it a day it's not like you have to be Hardwire to it.

Nonsense. I feel people are ashamed to be on social media, whenever it comes up that I'm not, they start listing their excuses and reasons as if to defend themselves.

>I just use it for X

How fucking hard is it to register, click on a 100 people you know and upload a few pics of your vacation every year? What kind of job do you expect to be trusted to do if you can't even do that? If you are so introverted that you can't even handle clicking on people on the internet, you will obviously be incapable of handling any real life job that requires any level of interpersonal competence. How is that unfair in any way? Seems like a much more realistic measure than some fucking dipshit interview pretending to be chummy with a bunch of asshole strangers going through the same 5 questions with 30 applicants.

nightmare mode: answer this without memes or greentexting

God this thread is full of normalfags, only 2 months till summer is over.

This

1: That isn't "legally"
2: ...What?

they're being nice to you you autists. they probably are aware that anyone who doesn't have a FB is a massive sperglord who cannot be convinced he is wrong.

It's always summer somewhere

>le summer meme

go search moot's post about Sup Forums's traffic during summer and realise the territory does not match your map

But I don't have any friends and don't give a fuck what my family is up to so why would I want any social media accounts?

Sup Forums is more than enough social activity for me.

Yes, I sure love giving Fuckerberg access to every moment of my waking life, for free, just so idiots can gaze at some useless pictures of me on a proprietary revenue generation platform.

How about no.

the meme game is strong on facebook

Everyone has something to hide one way or another.

And then you're shocked and upset if people think you're a potential serial killer?

So I should get a Facebook account to learn about Facebook's memes? Why would I care about those?

>people who are normally here go do not Sup Forums things
>summer takes their place, keeping traffic levels about the same

No, I don't get upset. If people think I'm a serial killer I really don't care; they're free to think what they want. I doubt I'd ever kill anyone though unless it was in self defense and even then I'd most likely be hesitant to do so.

depends on your free time senpai
I'm only on facebook so I don't look like a social reject, maybe in a couple of years when I get a decent job so I can give 0 fucks about fb I'll remove it, other than that I almost never post on it.

>I'm only on facebook so I don't look like a social reject
If you are actually a social reject, why would you misrepresent yourself?

facebook sucks ass, i've said this since day 1

wish i didn't need it but there is no good alternative if you want to host events or run a business.

to not look like a weirdo like you

its only going to get worse. Employers are starting to require it and not having one means not getting a job.

They can get away with it to because there are so many people out of work they will jump through all the hoops to stay out of the bread lines.

>tfw I am invisible in all social media
>not because I don't have the accounts
>because no one talks to me

I know plenty of people who browse facebook for fun

I think it's weird to care if other people like you or not. It makes you look like a real nutcase if you have a Facebook account but aren't a social person. It makes you look like a creepy stalker type, and you're not fooling anyone - everyone already knows you're a loser.

It's simple, OP:

>handsome with no social media account
>"wow he's so mysterious :3"
>ugly with no social media account
>"What a weirdo fuck, I bet he's a paedo"

it really makes me wonder what kind of life are the people that say "lol you don't need facebook literally no one cares" living
literally every employer looking for long-term employees (aka. not your fucking burger flipping summer job or attending a gas station) will check social media profiles. this isn't some illuminati looking glass redpill secret, just talk to someone working in HR or attend a career management course at your college and they will tell you it's how it goes.

When they can't find you on social media they see it as a positive. It means you're not going to spread some bullshit that hurts their company's image on social media.

>projecting

I was hired before this bullshit became common.

Facebook is a mail chains magnet to me
>I don't like racism, if you don't share this post you're racist
>normie meme from 9gag #49684
>LMAO look at these funny baby otters! (seriously, if I want to see baby otters I have DDG for that)
>not unfriending boring people to not break friendship

you know it takes literally one click to block people right?

>5 minutes to delete my account, then do nothing
>2 hours blocking everyone so I end up with Diaspora*

That's why I directly use Diaspora* instead

Is it an American thing? My parents hated it from the day I made an account to the day I deleted it and never got in touch with it and so did most old people here.

If you're perceived as a weirdo having a fb account won't help you friend

>REEEEEEEEEE NORMIES
Enjoy your virginity I guess

>Using virginity as an insult on Sup Forums.

Ventrillo is still used?

no

So what happens when they go to your profile and can't see a thing because you locked that shit down to outsiders like someone who isn't retarded?

I created an account almost a year ago. I can admit it has been helpful for quick chatting with friends, quick organizing etc. I think people see me more of an autist now than before because I have almost no presence there and have an ugly photo of me up. I am considering taking it down, I just need costless alternatives for chatting that are widely used... which I have yet to find

>I just need costless alternatives for chatting that are widely used
IRC bro

shit dont want to be seen as one of those either.

>chat with steam
Gaymer detected

Get the fuck off of Sup Forums and to back to

Someone sounds insecure. No one gives a shit about whether you have facebook.

The fuck is this
I dont need social media, im not a creep, im not a sociopath, im not a trendy hipster, I also dont fail to see the point of it I just dont want to use it, to form part of the botnet.
Life was thug on me an I learned to be pragmatic and use common sense and critical thinking.
I just want to be in control of my digital life, now im seen as a weirdo
Thanks Fuckerberg

You're also in denial.
Using or not using stuff doesn't make you what you are.
It's the reason you use/not use it that makes you what you are.

>leaving social media sites and I've stopped using whatsapp completely.
so you gave up on having sex?
Ok.jpg

>he needs facebook or tinder to get laid

top KEK

You do realise that that post was just sarcastic, right?

>they check my facebook
>it's absolutely empty because I never post something or pics of me

>click on a 100 people you know
That's the problem, I've never had any friends, the only person I talk to is my mother, nobody ever calls me or writes me.
> upload a few pics of your vacation every year
Fucking reeee you fucking normalfag.

Whatsapp is owned by Jewbook isn't it?

I don't see how this isn't just some autistic rant. All the mass shooters and whatnot were on Social Media in some form. You also had wannabe's like the the dude who charged the stage at a Trump rally running his mouth off on Twitter and Instagram. Tons of death threats too. Sociopaths and the like seem to plentiful.

I literally cannot fathom social media.

I view it as such a primitive thing. People advertise themselves in such a way to attract a mate. The same way a fucking peacock uncurls it's tail.

That's literally all it is.

>All the mass shooters and whatnot were on Social Media in some form.
Not Dylan and Eric

>I have a context handicap.

Haven't seen such a good #TOLD in a while.

>I literally cannot fathom social media.
>participates in what is quite literally social media, just anonymous

you faggots really have no idea what youre talking about do you?

>"""anonymous"""
i mean jokes aside it's a pretty big difference, at least it isn't a big fat "look at me" fest 100% of the time

the days of windows messenger and AIM were fun, at least back then if you chose not to have them you weren't branded as a weirdo

Wtf is a whatsapp you fucking beta cuck faggot

>i can't get women without muh snapchat

>cant get a woman

>How much longer is this going to go on for?
Until you get out of highschool

>How much longer is this going to go on for?
forever. historically if you showed up out of nowhere with no ties to society people would view you with suspicion. the past ~100 years where that wasn't the case have been a blip on the timeline of human history.

the world is really tired of tiptoeing around autistic people and their special needs. just because you feel uncomfortable having a social presence doesn't mean we have to treat you like you're not fucking weird.