kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle
github.com/torvalds/linux/search?utf8=✓&q=fuck
stallman.org/google.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol, holy shit.

i have spoken
accept my authority
spoken like a true god

stop posting the stalest copypasta you can get your hands on please.

Looks like Daddy came home.
Stallman forever rekt.

That's tellin' 'im, Linus!

>you reached success of the back of Linux
S A V A G E

Lmao based Linus strikes again

he went in

This is now a linus thread.
Post them all

The last time I posted that pic here, I was told it was fake. You're having better luck in this thread than I. Fuck stalman, he's a lazy noisy dick.

Linux BTFO.
Based Stallman.

Why is Sup Forums full of autists for?

Because it is fake.

>typing that out

the real GOD move would be to not address it at all

it's real, was posted on Google plus by the verified Linus a few years ago

Here's an actual quote from him:
>That's OK, we all do. You've probably been told by your long-time Unix
user helper that "GNU emacs" automatically formats the C sources for
you, and you've noticed that yes, it does do that, but the defaults it
uses are less than desirable (in fact, they are worse than random
typing - an infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs would never
make a good program).

kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle

Link it then.

One thing's for sure though. RMS definitely doesn't have a Google+ account.

someone from Sup Forums made a fake Stillman account and started spamming that copy pasta on threads where linus was viewing to piss him off and after a while linus made that response

github.com/torvalds/linux/search?utf8=✓&q=fuck

Fake and gay. Sage

I'd just like to int-

It always was you fucking prick

Even if we accept that a kernel is an operating system, Linux by itself is not free software? Why? Because it cannot be compiled from source without the use of GNU software. And if you cannot modify and recompile software, it cannot be said to be free, as it is withholding power from the end user. The combination of GNU plus Linux is necessary to form a free operating system. Without GNU, Linux could not exist, and while it is possible to distribute Linux without any GNU software, such a distribution would be inherently non-free.

What's you point? Are you trying to suggest anything compiled with GCC sound be prepended with "GNU/"?

Linux isn't even free software since it violates the GPL by shipping proprietary kernel modules.

>implying Stallman would ever use Google.
stallman.org/google.html

fuck off with your fake shit this isn't Sup Forums

If it can only be compiled with GCC and not any other compiler, then it should be prepended with "GNU /" if you're to claim that it is free software. Linux exists, and is a valid, complete piece of software in its own right, but is only free software when combined with GNU.

One of them named their project after himself.
The other only wants people to know about his project so that they may get curious, research it, and learn about the policy behind it.

I case of doubt, just ask the operating system itself.

>Because it cannot be compiled from source without the use of GNU software
I thought clang could compile it no problemo

>I case of doubt, just ask the operating system itself.
>the operating system itself
>runs a 3rd party application not related to the OS

Are you retarded? What you said is in no way true or correct. Linux is free software because it is realised under a GPL license — that has NOTHING got to do with the compiler or the software with which it is bundled.

Please tell me you are just winding me up?

A 3rd party application which queries the OS and gives you the output.

>post a screenshot
>not a link
Fake confirmed.

Fake and gay.

>Its a Software 'coding' Ethics episode
NOPE nice troll image though op thanks

>goes back to watching silicon valley

This post is a fake btw.

no

/thread

The fact that this thread exists proofs that Sup Forums is full of tech illiterates.

>I sure love using my Python/GoogleDocs and my C#/CPU-Z while playing my Java/Minecraft

Yes.

Without the compiler, the source code is useless. I'm not saying that they have to be packaged together, but unless the end user has both GCC and Linux, it's not free software.

Bad analogy, seat != Chair.
We don't seem to call chairs, seat/leg (or as I've taken to calling it, seat+chair) now do we?

Right you are a confirmed retard then.

>please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument
:)

>implying Linux was "added to GNU"
Linux is the whole chair, GNU is the pillow that makes your ass hurt less while using the chair

NIGGA, YOU JUST GOT ROASTED.

>What is LLVM
>What is musl
>What is busybox
>What is Void Linux

tl;dr
t. windows user

>First off, I'd suggest printing out a copy of the GNU coding standards, and NOT read it. Burn them, it's a great symbolic gesture.

Someone autistic enough please write this down so I can copy and paste it when someone pastes the stallman pasta

tl;dr

>All hipster garbage

I don't know about Linus but Stallman doesn't have a Google account you stupid fucks.

Also,reminder that Linus is just an egotistical man baby who cries when people don't call his kernel a full functioning OS even though he needs GNU for it to be of any use and that GNU makes up everything people call "Linux".

God I love reading this every time, the smackdown is epic.

Do you faggots know Alan Cox wrote more Linux code than even Linus? Linus is a attention whore.

Even if this is bullshit, I don't really understand the comment about GCC languishing on the HURD. It would be being used on other Unix systems or BSD.