Just built my first computer, installed graphics card drivers but I can't play, for some reason...

Just built my first computer, installed graphics card drivers but I can't play, for some reason. Game doesn't open after I start it in Steam though, it shows that I'm ingame but the game isn't open. (The game is open in the task manager though)

What did I miss? Never built a computer before so I don't know what to install from scratch.

My components:
i5-6600k
Asus GTX 1070 Strix
Z170 Pro Gaming

Other urls found in this thread:

codecha.org/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/NVidia/nvidia-drivers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1070

Yes, so?

>second most powerful consumer-oriented GPU in the market

yep

You forgot to install the drivers.

Youre computer is booting and running, which is good. Check if all drivers are properly installed

Try taking your GPU out to see it the CPU's integrated graphics work properly, then you'll at least know whether it's a GPU issue or not

>1070
Found your problem

Which drivers do I even need to install, other than graphics card drivers? I have GeForce Experience which should install the graphics card drivers.

what game is it?

You need to download more ram to "lube up" (a little tech talk) the electronic circuits you just put together

mobo drivers and windows updates and what steam game?

CSGO.

You need to flash it with 1080 bios.

>buys a 1070 for fucking CSGO

Where do I get the mobo drivers? I'm afraid of using the delivered CD from the box. You know why? Because when I installed it earlier today from the CD, Windows got completely fucked. Whenever I booted up, it'd freeze immediately. I tried using secure mode, which worked but I couldn't fix it so I just completely formatted my SSD with Windows and installed it anew. Game is CSGO, Windows Update will be installed now.

I play other games too, m8.

What does that even mean?

Update to windows 10.

No, I dislike the design and I'm used to win7.

>second most powerful gpu on the market
>can't even even run games in dx12

You can't make this up, go back to Sup Forums.

i want to see her mouth with a bbc

You seem to have tried to refute my post by saying I should go back to Sup Forums.

Are you sure you're not mentally challenged?

>he fell for the 1070 meme

good job Sup Forums

You seem to be so retarded that you don't know that DX12 does not run on a fucking 8 year old os. Good job gimping your setup, retard.

says you who can't even load a fucking game up or install drivers for his motherboard AHAHAHAHHA

How's your RX 480 treating you? Did it explode yet?

>calls people mentally challenged
>can't figure out how to install drivers for his $450 graphics card

How does that have anything to do with Are you trying to say that somehow in DX11 games the GTX 1070 fares worse than in DX12 games?

That's one hell of a twist.

You sure you installed the right driver senpai? I remember an evga card not having actual driver on the CD given.

Maybe im wrong since that's the one time I installed a nvidia card. Try checking the nvidia website for drivers

>MOBO drivers are completely fucked
>somehow thinks this is a GPU error
God damnit/v/ you stupid moron. Your GPU's not even connected to anything if your mobo's driver's aren't there.

>it MUST be the same person RIGHT

I don't even have a GPU currently. OP is mentally challenged, so are you.

But he's a le streamer content creator, plz donate I'm hungry :,)

>He's still fucking clueless.

>user asks what os op is using
>Your autistic ass answers

OP enjoy your house fire because you've been running your system without motherboard drivers.

>can't install basic consumer-ware that is idiot proof
>calls others mentally challenged

Plz be bait

GTX-1070????????
Damn OP, I rather suck a black cock.

leave this place Sup Forumsermin

I swear we should implement this instead of a captcha
codecha.org/

>pays over $450 for a graphics card to play one the least demanding games in 2012.

Return the parts and buy a PS4. If you can't install the fool-proof Nvidia drivers you're too stupid to use a computer.

You forgot to install gentoo

Yeah, it's totally my fault. It even showed me that the installation was successful and that I should reboot. I did, it doesn't work. How is it my fault?

exDee

Probably one of those people who thinks he needs to get 240 FPS at 4K and then he will suddenly be amazing at the game for no other reason than he put more money in. Really you can dominate with 1920x1080 60FPS if you are good.

Because at the first sign of failure you went to shit up this board instead of doing your own research like a normal person interested in maintaining and understanding how their new expensive toy works

I think that's how it works. Anyways, back to the stupid questions thread you go.

Guarantee he has a 60hz 1080p monitor.

Don't project your money issues and inferiority complex on OP, it's rude.

Here's a good guide showing a few things you need to get right to get it working: wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/NVidia/nvidia-drivers

Basically, all you should have to do is add VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" to your /etc/portage/make.conf.

Hi op, how is CSGO?

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>What did I miss?

You installed windows 10.

I'm not OP, but it works for me and I can run CS GO with a similar setup.

you could have just said
>install gentoo

instead of going crypto autistic

They apparently have already installed their operating system.

meaning your posts are even more autistic
gj

>ASUS GPU
I found the problem.

>helping people is autistic