Around 2 months ago, my S7 screen cracked. Got it replaced. Today was the first time I submerged it in water and

Around 2 months ago, my S7 screen cracked. Got it replaced. Today was the first time I submerged it in water and....

So like 2 months ago my s7 edge screen cracked and I got it replaced for almost 300 bucks. The person who fixed my phone or whatever, I don't think they properly fixed the water resistant feature.

They replaced the screen and it was working 100% good. However, today was the first time I put my phone in water for like 10 seconds, pulled it out, and the speaker isn't working good even after rebooting my phone. The speaker sounds like water is stuck inside (I'm sure you all know how this sounds like).

What do I do from now? When they replaced my screen, they didn't take into account the water resistant feature. My phone is working fine so far, but the water resistant feature seems to be lacking. I'm glad my phone isn't dead... But the speaker is having problems.

What do I do now?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-DUOS-32GB-Unlocked-GSM-Octa-Core-4G-LTE-5-1-Smartphone-New/201548875332?customid=8fc0066843e311e6842c669e9dd9ded80INT&pub=5574652453&campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887&icep_id=117&ipn=icep&hash=item2eed3fc644&_trkparms=5373:1|5374:Tech|5079:1&rmvSB=true#shpCntId&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

repairs means the phone is not guaranteed 100% waterproof afterwards.

It's not the fault of the guy reparing it. why would you submerge it in water after a repair?

Because it's an s7 and that's one of its features? It fell in my shower.

I was not notified it would never be water resistant. Is there a source on this? Either way no one ever told me that.

Dat GS1. I fondly remember my GT-i9000.

are you fucking retarded? it was opened up, the waterproof sealing breaks, literally kill yourself.

is that a condom?

calm down sperg

yeah, this. or just a regular plastic bag. those work for things like the shower.

i do cell phone repair on a medium scale.
i alway notify customers that their s6-s7 or whatever waterproof phones arent going to be waterproof after the repair.

unless i can get a new seal

>Is there a source on this?

common sense, time to get a new phone dumbass. Take better care of your expensive pieces of technology next time.

$300 for a phone repair? Should have sent it back to Samsung they would have made it air tight again and go through the same process of water proofing it.
A simple repair guy does not do this.

100% you copy pasted this from a reddit thread and you know the answer

just let it dry

Yeah. I've read online that Samsung makes it waterproof again. The repair guy just fucked up.

So because I paid 300 bucks for it, I'm pretty sure they should have also fucking waterproofed it again

that's not how it work you giant mongoloid.

Does this ridiculously expensive phone not come with a warranty?

For this specific phone it is. And s7 edge, when sent for repair, is guaranteed waterproofed again.

samsung has access to sealant, your usual repair man dont.

Yeah 1 year... I spent like 900 fucking dollars on it the first day it came out, and then this 300 for a total $1,200.00.

The warranty only covers manufacturer defects and not stuff like broken screens. My case is a little unique... It's neither my fault nor the phones fault. It's the fucking guys fault which I'm looking for advice since he was supposed to waterproof it

Was he though, or did you just assume so?

I sent it to the official Samsung repair center, which sent it to a third party repair place since supposedly Samsung dosnt have a fucking official repair center. If this was apple I would've gone in person to an apple store and fix my shit in 30 mins the same day and walk out

lol, i swear you're the worst customer ever.

When I got the phone it was working super. I also out it in water a few times and was super. I sent it for repair 2 months ago and today was the FIRST day since it's repair it touched water which fucked up the speakers. This brings me to the conclusion the repair guy fucked it up

water got in the speakers, the lcd is still working.
hence the waterproofing.
get the speaker fixed.

Let me ask again: was the guy supposed to waterproof your phone again, or was he only supposed to replace the screen? You should have asked about this

>touchwizz

He was supposed to replace my broken screen. During the process of closing up my phone again, he was supposed to 100% waterproof it, which turns out he didn't and fucked the feature up.

Get your circlejerking shit out of here. The s7 is one of the best phones this generation ever.

>he was supposed to 100% waterproof it
OR WAS HE?!

>The s7 is one of the best phones this generation ever.
Says the user who has never tried anything else.

>It fell in my shower.
Fucking retard

Why would you use your phone in the shower?

Speakers don't like water, this is true even on water resistant phones. Dry it out and it will be fine, and stop creating some conspiracy about this whole thing like the repair guy fucked you over because he didn't.

Give it a bit to dry out, I had the same issue with the s5 but it would work normally after about an hour. It's just water sitting on the speaker membrane it shouldn't have caused any damage

yep, one of the best all around phones of all time. great ui, top notch hardware, expandable storage, and purty design.

only complaints are the mediocre speaker and fragile glass used. if they fix those on the note7/s8, i'll be all over em.

If its repaired by anyone other than Samsung, you voided your warrenty and lost your water proofing. Sorry buddy.
iPhones are also cheaper to manufacture and are not waterproof. If what you say is the truth, then you can just get a new S7 from Samsung.

I think the UI still has a lot to improve, but overall its the best phone out there now of you can handel heavier skins

Why the fuck would you buy a phone that retails for like 800 bucks, break it, invest another 300 bucks and then submerge it?

Why the fuck do people not buy cases for their expensive ass phones?

The only pocket I have that will fit my Nexus 6 with a case around it is my buttcrack.

>best phones
>touchwizz
>bloatware
jej

where are you and what carrier do you use? is there no warranty in place that allows you to have the phone replaced?

should have bought an iPhone

>If this was apple I would've gone in person to an apple store and fix my shit in 30 mins the same day and walk out
no they would've just given you a whole new phone since they cost like $50 to make

yes and?
how does that make their bloated, ugly UI not a hot steaming turd?
the hardware is great but touchwiz fucking sucks

>$300 to replace
>paying 50% of the cost on a screen
>not saving data from phone/sd and getting a new phone
Holy shit

the speaker was never meant to be waterproof

>being a consumercuck

>durr hurr why are phones screen so expensive??? it's just glass!

i fucking hate people like you
choke and die

i fucking hate people like you
samsung parts are especially expensive and that not even covering the tiny little bit of profit they make or the labour involved
just kill yourself

Sounds like it was completely your fault

>just glass
not my point

You total your truck its ,MSRP was 20k when you bought it during the active year it was produced,
The dealer/local shop quotes you at $15,000 to fix it.
Do you:
A: Pay for the repair
B: Buy a brand new car for a car produced this year, at MSRP
?

that's a false equivalent and you know it
a $300 phone screen repair on a $900 device is perfectly fucking fine
you seriously think the digitizer+lcd combo at 1440p should be fucking free to replace?
you have no fucking clue what you're talking about
like at least get the values correct if you're gonna make some retarded comparison

i work in a cellphone repair shop and this whole thread is just a vivid re-enacting of what i go through every day: retards with $800-900 phones that are completely floored over the fact that their screen accounts for 1/3 of the device

If my motherboard,ram,gpu all die. I'm not going to have them repaired. Im going to buy a new system. Why would i reinvest?

>$900
>what is subsidised contracts

>that's a false equivalent and you know it
Not that dude, but is it?

>a $300 phone screen repair on a $900 device is perfectly fucking fine

ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-DUOS-32GB-Unlocked-GSM-Octa-Core-4G-LTE-5-1-Smartphone-New/201548875332?customid=8fc0066843e311e6842c669e9dd9ded80INT&pub=5574652453&campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887&icep_id=117&ipn=icep&hash=item2eed3fc644&_trkparms=5373:1|5374:Tech|5079:1&rmvSB=true#shpCntId&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

More like $300 for a $500 device.

IT'S $900 BRAND NEW YOU FUCKING RETARD
YOU GETTING A TWO YEAR CONTRACT LIKE A FAGGOT DOES NOT CHANGE THAT FACT
>computer analogy
NOT THE SAME THING WHATSOEVER
IT IS LITERALLY JUST YOUR SCREEN WHICH COSTS ABOUT 1/3RD OF THE TOTAL PRICE, THE MOTHERBOARD IS ABOUT 1/2 THE PRICE, AND THE REST OF IT IS THE FRAME ITSELF, CAMERAS, AND PACKAGING
STOP MAKING RETARDED COMPARISONS WHEN YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE GOING ON ABOUT

>ebay is the same as msrp
bait
and yeah it is a fucking shit comparison. worse than food analogies

>>$900
>>what is subsidised contracts
You can't simply sign a new contract every time you break a phone.

>>ebay is the same as msrp
>bait
Why would MSRP matter?

The debate that the previous user brought up is why pay for an exorbitant repair cost and risk shit situations like OP's when you could buy new for not that much more?

If you consider MSRP in this scenario you are retarded.

>contract
I got my $900 phone for $250 and a 2 year plan, which costs $105/month for a basic 10gb plan.

>analogy
But it is.

Why pay 66% of the price of the phone,when you can get a new one. Your warrenty will cover this.

Except it's not $900 new. Even the S7 Edge with dual sim cards isn't $900. If you keep paying MSRP, you are a fucking moron. It's been available for significantly less than that for quite some time now.

ITT: entitled faggots who don't want to pay for their phone to be fixed
i hope you get run over

But you did not pay $900 + contract
You will pay a subsidised price + contract.
Why would you pay $1,000 for a phone?
There is no reason to, and this is the apple mentality to the max.

I fucked up rooting a s4 and destroyed the boot loader, i just bent one of the battery pins, and they just replaced it under warrenty, moved over my cdma and sd card, signed a paper, updated my phone id on my contract, and that was it. The entire process took about 10 minutes, not counting the waiting room.

>If this was apple I would've gone in person to an apple store and fix my shit in 30 mins the same day and walk out
Ahh.. so this is yet another apple shill thread

I own an S7E, still think it's pretty fucking dumb to expect them to repair your mistake for free. Buy insurance or pay for your clumsy fuckups

ITT: Samsung gimmicks don't even work

Your fault for taking your phone into the shower. The closest my phone gets to the shower is on the bench when I'm playing music through my bluetooth speaker.

> what is warranty

OP is still a faggot. Nothing changed.

>It fell in my shower.

LOL

>touchwizz

The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.

Hi phone shop employ here. You and your logic are beyond retarded . you give the man the permission to work on your phone than its your fault . a phone insurance for a s7 is €4.99 a month and it covers all possible user fuck ups and even theft. The moment you decide to give it to somebody for repairs you contracted them to do something to your device and cancel all possible warranties on the device , like the 2 year international guarantee for all Samsung high end phones.

Nah you would've gone in and stood in a line behind a bunch of fags waiting to speak to the tech guy who tells you the appointments for the next 4 hours are booked up by boomers with e-mail 'problems'. Then you go away and pretend that you're ok with waiting for 4 hours before you come back and they might fix your shit or overcharge you for repair if they spot an opportunity to void your warranty, one being water damage. So you wouldn't have shit in this case if it was an Apple phone aside from a replacement bill for being a dumbass

firstly you should of send it back to samsung to fix it properly, getting some pajeet to fix it for you destroys the warranty and waterproof sealing.

and who the fuck uses their phone in the shower?

Moral of the story is that you're retarded if you pay more than $300 for a meme ARM device.
Fuck off back you retard

You're a fucking retard, OP.

Damn I was thinking of upgrading my phone just for the appeal of listening to music in the shower.

Oh well

Is your headphone waterproof?

>₩500 has been deposited into your bank account

just buy a £10 waterproof bluetooth speaker

>The person who fixed my phone or whatever, I don't think they properly fixed the water resistant feature.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA NO SHIT YOU FUCKING DUMB NIGGER

OF COURSE SOME RANDOM REPAIR GUY IN TEXAS WON'T BE ABLE TO REPLACE THE SCREEN AND ALSO RESTORE THE WATERPROOF FUNCTIONALITY

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA YOU'RE SO FUCKING DUMB

>mfw this is just another very convoluted form of cyberguerilla marketing by appleshills

>buys a $600 phone
>is a complete retard
Things just work themselves out sometimes

So you got your phone for about $2000

First you broke your screen. Then you took your phone into the shower with you.

For the safety of yourself and others I sincerely hope you don't drive a car.