/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

weisswatchcompany.com/collections/all/products/american-issue-field-watch
latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-weiss-watches-20160620-snap-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for best watch

What does the AB AUF mean?

It's a power reserve indicator. So I would normally think it would mean "emtpy/full" but Lange has called it "up/down" when referring to it in English.

>tfw you've been indenial but you finally realize that your pulsar meme3001 is 2big4u

This. Also, kangaroo leather satisfies the strength/toughness attributes. The only function not addressed is water resistance. Sacrificing 1 of 5 functions for aesthetics is pretty far from "lead balloon".

Is this poster reminding soldiers to set their watch to the local time? Unless your watch is off by hours, I don't think should affect navigation...

What size wrists senpai?

I'm ordering another once my refund kicks in.

I know how /wt/ feels about reps, but how about a Bulova Speedmaster homage with their ultra-accurate sweep seconds quartz movement?

In which position you wear your watch?

Like a sane person.

Finally, US made movement. Definitely my next purchase along with a Speedmaster (within the next year probably).
weisswatchcompany.com/collections/all/products/american-issue-field-watch

>Speedmaster homage
No, it's a 're-edition' to the one of a kind bulova chrono that was owned by Dave Scott.

I wonder how much of it is made here. It's still a 6497.

So, I made some modifications to my lug adapter and I'm pretty happy with the current revision.

The only thing I might do is add just another 0.25 or 0.5 mm to close the gap on the watch lug. Then I'm going to start looking for affordable stainless steel 3D printing or CNC machining services.

>Finally, US made movement

Oh you mean like the RGM Caliber 20, RGM Caliber 801, or Keaton Myrick Caliber 29.30?

Between II and III.

This only makes my penis harder

$1 chinese natos came. They're shit.

I just wish they actually used the same movement as the original, or hell, at least the same subdial layout.

Are RGM watches good? They make a big deal about the guilloché pattern but I've never really gotten them.

>RGM Caliber 801
>Keaton Myrick Caliber 29.30
It would be nice to see an exact list of which components get made where, as these are both still 6497s.

At the moment, if you were to really push it, making everything but mainspring, hairspring and jewels in the US would be pretty darn good.

(You)
*in denial
*realized
Fuck, what's with these typos?
~6.5"

VI

Kek

I still don't get what people see in these watches.

It looks like a cheap digital out of the 1990s.

It has no special features.

which nato strap should i get for this watch? olive or the james bond one?

A standard, high quality plain black

>It looks like a cheap digital out of the 1990s.
>cheap
That's exactly why I bought it. But I really feel like returning it. I never really use the timer (or any of the other features) and a rotating bezel is really all I need to time study seesions. I hate being a cheap fuck and for once I'd like to enjoy myself and spend more money on a better watch.

but thats boring user

I think that might be the power reserve, google says from and on.

Personally I would go for a simple black and white.

Apparently only the jewels and hair spring are Swiss. They're working on that next
I meant from Weiss. It's also unique in that it was designed from the ground up for mass assembly, and will be offered to other watch makers, including ebauches.
There's an ama with the founder right now on leddit

Bond wouldn't look right with that bezel imo. Stick with solid. Black, navy, or admiralty grey

I really want a hamilton khaki field watch since it's around what I'm willing to spend and cherish

It's here! $7 Bergeon tip for my $8 Mudder spring bar tool. Stuck it mountain jews.
Not sure why they decided to ship it in an audio cassette tape case though.

r8 it /wt/

I'd be a bit surprised if that were true.

Someone should email him.

This one looks better and has a better module though

Neato T-Touch should be here tomorrow. If it's a keeper, I can sell off my even larger Pro-Trek

I have a question. I go to school in an area that can get somewhat cold (~ -30C). I really like this quartz watch but the lowest temp it can handle is 5C. I assume the watch would be able to survive a cold winter as long as I am wearing it. My body should keep the movement warm enough right?

you'll probably be fine. what's the watch?

If you'll be outside in -30C weather for long periods of time, I might suggest a watch that's made for such things.

44th for dogshit invicta
>I know how /wt/ feels about reps
and how is that? I always remember people liking my fake datejust but I guess it's been about a year, everybody who was around then is probably gone by now
speaking of, does the fat canadian guy with all the microbrand watches still post? he was cool

the aforementioned datejust in case anyone remembers

latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-weiss-watches-20160620-snap-story.html

WRUW today /wt/?

1 master race

>wow those geneva stripes really bring out the awesome colours of the unrhodinated brass bridges!

seagull movements literally look better, it looks like absolute dogshit wtf

r u a girl

2-3. I like 1 but it interferes with the movement of the hand as your wrist expands way too much.

I've never understood why Rolex ruins some of their most beautiful watches with that little magnifier

It's part of the look.
I'm with you though, i much prefer the nodate version.
You could also get a seadweller, they don't have the magnifier.

God damn that Lange is beautiful...

>2016
>Not wearing the only acceptable digital plastic watch.

You disgusting plebs. Either wear pic related or go analog like a man.

*non plastic

Any good reason why divers' watches have dark faces? Seems to be either black or deep blue.

A fully lumed face and hands in different colours would appear to give better readability. For instance yellow tritium would recharge red lume - I tried this using a lumed plate and tritium tubes in my home lab.

Or does that attract too many fishes?

Watch companies being conservative. You can find all kinds of different colored dial dive watches if you look but they don't sell as well.

I returned mine because fuck fat spring bars.
I bought 2 cheap casios on bracelets and they'll hopwfully tide me over until I can get th3 glorious gw5000

Have you looked into shapeways?
I don't know what tolerances they get with their stainless steel stuff, but they do stainless steel

Anyone in the UK after a 8926OB?
I'm looking to sell mine

Why would you waste already weak tritium light to charge lume?

the missus found this watch at work, no guest had asked for it after a month, now is mine,

very happy wit this :)

opinions?

It's a reliable watch.

If you send it in for servicing Citizen will add a sapphire glass for 50 bucks.

Personally, it's not my cup of tea, but they're very good watches
You're a lucky guy

sounds cool, i live near the arctic circle, somewhere where it can get serviced by citizen themselves and do that, maybe a little hard, i like the 2 battery feature,the solar charging for one is useful during summer here, as for winter, the other one will help more. atm, i need another link or two in it, it fits perfectly, but after half hour, is too much,and im hurting my hand if i do something too strenuous

eco drive charges from artificial light as well iirc

Try a NATO or ZULU strap.

That's what I use on my citizen eco drive.

Maybe, will look into it, thanks, for now i will just wear my animal watch

Is a good watch.
Too much going on for my liking but it isn't an issue i just wouldn't buy one

Poorfag reporting

Thank you, and yea, a shit load going on, 2 alarms,2 batteries,2/3 times displayed at once for different time zones, stopwatch, stuff for working out time with distance and speed, works out time via radiowaves depending on where you are, why do you need all this? New on citizen site, says $900

Dressy as fuck

Anybody else hyped for soccer tonight?

Medizinstudent?

Biologie

Please post tah page. It looks really awesome.

Wo studierst du?

What's the best android watch out right now??

Nice

>shoving the flag in other people's faces

faschistisch

Wait for the two new Google made smart watches coming out this year

A fucking carpet.

The exact opposite. If you wear such a busy watch to a formal event you will get luaghed out of the room (assuming you aren't surrounded by other plebs).

He always posts that same message when someone brings up a dogshit watch like that.

Commando G, report in

>mfw I just got back into football
I wish I never abandoned it. If I kept playing I would have been God-tier by now. Too bad it's too fucking hot to play. Even my dog can't handle the heat.

I just bought another shitter. One I always wanted. Note sure if I am going to return the Pulsar or just start a collection. The Pulsar would make an okay beater in the winter.

2700€ in new condition

Walk into a store and buy, or save hundreds on chrono24

>not being up to date on the latest stale memes

uuuuuuuuuuuuugly

Yeah but it always triggers me. I am autistic leave me alone.

The black bay is shit, pelagos is the only Tudor worth getting.

I dont like the Pelagos at all :(

Stick to muscle cars and barbecue, fucking yanks!

you have extremely bad taste

Confirms rolex is shit, has been shit, will be shit endorsed by assholes with mucho dinero and no brains.