Mfw bought rx480 on launch

>mfw bought rx480 on launch
>mfw getting much MUCH less performance than stupid shill review sites
>mfw this morning my computer refused to post but then magically started working again a after rebooting a bunch of times

I5 3470, rx480, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz, asrock h67 motherboard.

I trusted you Sup Forums ;_;

Is my computer dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/plC7tOYIqBw?t=3510
youtube.com/watch?v=lQzLU4HWw2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

never buy asrock,they are dog shit

>bought on launch
found your problem

>asrock
here is the problem

Performance issues would likely be driver overhead on your older cpu, and not posting means your mainboard is probably dying.

It's to be expected, really. Asrock is a cheap, budget, brand and the 480 pulls above spec power. Especially when you boot up and it's under 100% load.

Heavens forbid you overclock that 480

Don't most "shill review sites" use top of the line hardware like octocore Intel or majorly overclocked i7-6700k with 32gb of ram?

I had an asrock motherboard that wouldn't let me put more than 2gb of memory in it, i kept waiting for a bios update.
after awhile they just removed it from the support list and pretended like it never existed

make like an asrock motherboard and stop posting

well i had a z68 asroxk motherboard that still works perfectly from launch running a nice OC so fuck the 'Repubic of Gamers(c)' shills

Yeah, that's why I mentioned the driver overhead. Review sites conveniently ignore that and people buy AMD expecting better than what they'll really get

See
youtu.be/plC7tOYIqBw?t=3510

High end asrock shit is actually pretty good though. I tend to stick with gigabyte usually

Well, I don't know about "driver overhead" but just plain expecting to get similar results to benchmarks done with tier 1 hardware while using tier 3 hardware is simply ludicrous.

I actually get better results than reviews did for many games for my gtx670 and I'm still on an i7 870. Games get performance patches and drivers get updates.

>listening to retarded AMD shills instead of looking at benchmarks
>90c at load card performing worse under thermal conditions
Who'd had thunk?

>I actually get better results than reviews did for many games for my gtx670 and I'm still on an i7 870
You got the better results on launch day? My shenanigans meters is going off the chart.

>Anyone who doesn't like Asrock must be an Asus fanboy
Ignoring that they're the same company, that's a bit of a false duality. I'm going to do something generally frowned upon here, I'm going to make a car analogy.

Asrock are like Skoda. They're the budget arm of Volkswagen and you're getting more or less the same thing but the plastic may or may not fall off after ten years.

I never buy on launch day

Which are the best brands?

>mfw bought rx480 on launch

>I never buy on launch day
Then your anecdote has no bearing to the point.

>reference model
>asrock

asus has gone downhill, gigabyte all the way,

Brand loyalty is idiotic, look at each boards for what it is instead of blindly making blanket statements. Gigabyte has been guilty of making some shit in the past and Asrock have had their moments of pure divinity. There are places far more clued in than Sup Forums, where people actually discuss power regulation and such things. You'll find them on the interwebs.

What about msi?

You are right

I fix computers for living, just because I mentioned a particular brand doesnt mean I'm joe gigabyte
Toyotas tend not to break down also

>It's another AMD LIED! thread

Move along nothing to see here, anyone with a brain wasn't surprised.

>Toyotas tend not to break down also
And yet they made the prius. First thing I'd do is see what honest john has to say about a car before I buy it, I'm not looking at the badge.

see
go to overclock.net for help

You think I'm op?
Lol. Nice.

Post a timestamped pic of the card in your computer and the box, otherwise your a fucking lying nividiot

Oh fuck off with this shit, remember when that data center published that list of hard drives and listed their failure rate by brand?
You have your head up your ass
Pure Sophistry

>AMD can do no wrong!
>It's asrock!

this board is infested with low income pajeets

I pointed out how your anecdote is not helpful as the OP's circumstances are different from yours and you think that is somehow implying that you are the OP? Is your reading comprehension that truly pathetic?

Might I suggest you stop posting on Sup Forums before you get emotionally scarred?

>all these people blaming op's components for different reasons when he really just bought a shit gpu

holy fuck lel
next you'll try to argue he's being bottlnecked by his i5

not op

seagate's constellation line are pure epicness m8

each brand makes shit and gold. you have to look at each board available for that generation in your price range. buying purely based on brand name is idiotic m8.

>your
fuck off and learn some english before you start shilling

>seagate's constellation line
OH gee an ENTERPRISE drive is good you say?
you are a fucking retard

>refused to post

typically its either the motherboard, ram, or power supply.

As long as you don't use the Windows programs they put on the disc you get with a mobo, they're perfect. The programs always have a chance of crashing and corrupting the bios and possibly your os too. Speaking from experience btw.

>buy 480
>happy with it, watching some youtube video
>it's running pretty hot but I'm used to AMD's awful BD wattage consumption from my 280
>suddenly smell something, ignore it thinking someone is cooking in the kitchen
>monitor goes black
>realize the smell is coming from my tower
>roasted pci-e even though I thought it was nvidiot shilling since that's what Sup Forums told me

T-thanks, never again AMD

>when that data center published that list of hard drives and listed their failure rate by brand?
What, you mean the backblaze failure rates which were widely denounced as completely irrelevant in the real world? The failure rates that had Sup Forums declare all Seagate drives as shit because brand loyalty? What does that have to do with anything?

If you want real, reliable figures, then you need to go look at return rates, not failure rates of storage drives being tortured as if they were enterprise drives. Western Digital had a similar problem with their first green drives because idiots were using them for their OS. That doesn't make every single WD or even every green drive shit. Hell, even the infamous deathstar got the name from one specific model. The rest were fine.

post pictures
i keep telling my friend not to buy the 480 but he won't listen

I said fuck off.
Brand loyalty is the only way to go when buying computer parts.

all these idiots who can't even read.

caught this quote on 3 big sites so far, all of them alluding that the driver fix is the toggle itself.

I don't know if they're all paid shills or simple honest to god morons.

oh yeah cause thats MY whole attitude, fuck you with that straw man garbage.
All I said is Asus has been going down hill
and from what I have noticed Gigabyte has been more reliable.
What is wrong with that statement

Thanks. I'm going to go get a coffee, I need it.

Later Sup Forums

I'll give up on reviewers. Next time I'll just go to a mortar and brick store, pick the prettiest box and be done with it.

>marketing to a low income, low info gaymer bracket
>shit doesn't just werk right out of the box
>blame the consumer when AMD fucks up

how much do YOU get paid?

underrated

Take your pcie temp. Is your motherboard on fire? Remember - if you have an issue it's your cheap board not built to handle out of spec use. 480 great price performance tho.

Your motherboard has been POO'd. Why would you buy the reference model anyway?

>What is wrong with that statement
Nothing except for the small problem of it being a sweeping generalisation with little room for nuance. At best pic related, at worst you're contributing to muppets buying brands for the sake of brand loyalty.

They are misrepresenting an official statement, on a level that needs nothing more than the most basic reading comprehension.

>implying anything you wrote in quotes are even slightly relevant to my point.

What else can you say to someone in that situation.
You are just splitting hairs.
I am contributing to the delinquency of muppets?
I hope you get Gang raped

I feel ya man

Bump

Serves you right for buying amd trash after everyone has been saying for years that it's cheaper for a reason. You literally get what you pay for. Cheers.

But I have an fx6350 and it's been great

Yeah, I too enjoy having half the ipc of any shitty i3.

>he fell for the 480 meme

Just return that shit senpai, and get something more reliable like a 970 or 1060

>half the ipc
>3 times as many cores
>unlocked for overclocking
>cheaper than the i3

I see no problem here. Works great with my gtx960

>3470
>asrock
Found your problems

There needs to be a class action lawsuit for shit like this, AMD needs to pay for the damage they are doing

Did Asus pay for the strix power issue? Did nvidia pay for the 750 ti power issue?

Gigabyte is pretty god tier desu senpai, I've tried a lot of boards and have never been disappointed with gigabyte

Neither of those cards fry pcie slots like the 480 does

>Asus 960
>250w abomination

>gigabyte 960
>beautiful 50w from mobo

I know which brand I'm trusting for my next buy.

/thread

Dude you need a 300+$ motherboard and a 6700k to use that 480.

Quite infesting all GPU threads with your memes, shill

That doesn't change anything.

i kek'd

>Ignoring that they're the same company

Asrock and Asus are not the same company

Not him but it's still a problem on dx11 games.

Vulkan and dx12 will work great tho.

How has Asus been going downhill? They don't have a good mainboard lineup right now?

Nice post, Wang.

>bought a budget H-chipset mobo
>wondering why it can't do the things a $700 X99 test-bench board can do

Kill yourself.
Seriously.
You're limiting the card to PCI-E 2.0 on what was designed to be a budget series of chipsets.
Should have fucking gotten a Z68 at least. They weren't even that much more expensive.

Also, don't stick enthusiast grade parts into a budget build. You're going to have the same issues with a 1080 or 1070 too. Disappointing performance, issues with reliability, and a bad time.

it's because you only have an i5 3470 and are actually using your machine with other things in the background.
while reviewers have a 6700k and nothing else running in the background.
you can thank amd's terrible drivers.

>enthusiast grade parts

Wait, the 480 is now an enthusiast part? I thought it was supposed to be budget?

The irony of a budget card that doesn't work with budget motherboards is hilarious.

For all we know OP didn't seat the card all the way. Or he's nvidia sutema. Who knows.

The point is that it takes more than a few forum posts to know what's going on.

What meme?
IDGI.

Probably this "meme":
youtube.com/watch?v=lQzLU4HWw2U

nvidia damage control campaign

>he turns his PC off
You don't belong here.

+1

Mfw my asrock z87 mobo with a 4670k and pny gtx780 is stillkicking ass three years later.

I have a 110$ ASRock extreme 7+ motherboard. Literally no problems

ASRock is not the problem, it's the 480

Who the fuck leaves their pc on 24/7?

Especially someone who buys AMD...

I have an old Nvidia card (GTX 760) and still leave my PC on. The only time it gets powered off is during reboots.

What's with asrock bashing and defense posting when the problem is clearly the 480?

>uses a trip
>never turns his computer off
Autism? It must be.

You need spend as much on the gpu as the CPU because of Intel monopoly

But AMD and VIA make CPUs too

Not until Zen they dont

At least for gaming

DAILY REMINDER THAT IF YOU PLAY GAMES YOU ARE A MANCHILD

Why are you typing in all caps?

>I don't play games, I only watch the finest chinese cartoons and fap to children

Only children care about not looking like a child.

Just throwing in my experience. I have my shit overclocked to hell and back too.