Small Questions Thread

/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/168156/how-to-use-a-real-partition-with-windows-7-installed-in-a-virtualbox-vm
hbr.org/2016/06/how-facebook-tries-to-prevent-office-politics
mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvextract.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_case_screws#M3_screw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I get a gf

Reposting
Are there any decent GPUs for mid-range gaming (autism simulators like Minecraft, Terraria, and last-gen games like F:NV) at around the $200-$250 price range? I was really hoping the 480 would be my savior, but unless Sapphire or someone else manages to fix them they seem very iffy.

Used 970

I dual boot Windows and Debian. Can I mount my Debian OS in a VM in windows? I want to work with both OS at the same time.

Should I get a Lenovo Flex 4 or a T460? This is going to be for notes, programming, and bringing home on weekends to watch chinese cartoons in bed. I already have a main computer. First thing I'm doing out of the box is installing Debian so I guess that's something to consider.

>Flex 4 ($750 @ Costco)
>i5-6200u
>R5 M430 2GB
>8GB RAM
>256GB SSD
>52.5 WHr battery

>T460 ($868 as configured with 1080p and extended battery)
>i3-6100u
>4GB RAM
>500GB HDD
>72 + 23.2 WHr battery

Don't fall for the gf meme.

>small
>not stupid
kys

Work out. Get good lats, traps delts.

Go out with friends
Have fun
Girls will notice you
They will come over
Greet them, invite them to join your group
Continue having fun
Girls will pair up with guys
Continue having fun, concentrating on your girl

There, that should get you started.

Interesting question

Learning about networking and I got to Network layers..
Serial Experiments Lain names episodes like , "Layer 01: WEIRD"
Is this a reference to this? Picture related.

Just FYI, this will take months but work.

Next time make the thread before I do.

Hey guys,

I have a question about system requirements.
I've really enjoyed the Fallout series so far and I was hoping to play Fallout 4, but I don't have a lot of money on hand at the moment.

What are the lowest grade components you've used or know you can use to play Fallout 4?

I'm upgrading my computer and I'm trying to decide if I should go with an I5 or an I7 processor?

I have one of the first gen i7 processors, and it's still pretty great, but my motherboard is showing its age.

Is the extra cash worth it for the newer i7's?

Can't afford a gym but already pretty muscular, body weight exercises don't really do much.

I have had gfs before but none were on my level intellectually. I want someone I can actually talk to

srtest.com

I used a radeon 7870 and an i7 4790k on ultra with only minor stuttering from the GPU in specific moments

Lately certain drives are having abyssmal
transfer rates(2MB/s).And indexing the drive, via file picker or file manager, often times out, or hangs and forcing the program is the only option.

There are no messages in any logs, smart data is not showing anything wrong.

>showing its age
How exactly?

You want something new to play with, and are trying to justify it.

Motherboards dont "show age"

>i7
no

check SATA cable

All cables are connected and locked, so are they power cables.

sata 2 ports, usb 2.0, DDR3 RAM

How is this "showing age"?
>ddr3
You dont need ddr4.
>ddr3
I've had 16gb ddr3-1300mhz ram since 2010, it isnt "showing age". There is no problem
Unless you're needing a rendering/capture system, you dont need anything, read ddr4
>sata2
So im assuming you didnt build it over the course of the last 6 years part by part, and all the devices are sata 2, given that was the current technology when you build it.

>everything is working just fine with no errors.

Might have a SATA controller going bad.

I knew of this, user.
That's why I'm asking.

I can put some money towards a graphics card.
Do you think I can achieve medium settings with an I7-750?

How do I technology?

I'm using a shitty cheap phone that has Android Lollipop but won't upgrade to Marshmellow, do you think it'd be worth it to try and force an install or would it be too powerful?

I'm not much of a gamer honestly. Look up i7 750 bottleneck or maybe find a website that will show it.

>delete few gb file off of android phone using windows
>phone shows wrong free space
>can't transfer files because no space
>try to see available space on phone
>open for hours and doesn't ever tell me
wat do?

i5 750 is around an 860k. If you can OC the 750 you should be good.

Does the r9 380x get hot and loud or is that just a meme?

Thanks user

No interesting answer yet.

I have an item up on ebay for 485, and I have an offer on 400 I'd like to take.

The thing is, the guys account was made yesterday, and while the offer does show a zip code and state, i don't know if I should trust that.
There is one feedback comment on his profile saying good buyer and fast payment etc, but that is also from yesterday.
It is possible that he may very well have just made his ebay account and is beginning to buy things, but I'm unsure.
Should I do this Sup Forumsuys? I want my fucking 400 dollars, but I don't want to get my pickle tickled.

Can you even get scammed on the seller side at all though, isn't paypal instant to begin with?

ebay completely scams the seller. They always side with the buyer.

Just searched and I've found a million forum posts about ebay siding with buyers only, thanks user.

What do I do now?
I want to get rid of this thing, its a laptop, but the next offer is 350. I want at least 400 even but its probably not a good idea to trust a day old account is it?

Should i go with skylake i5 or i7? I have the money but I want to know which one is the best.

Be practical.

i7

Does anyone know how to turn off that setting in a Galaxy S7 that calls the person youre texting when you put the phone up to your face?

Keep accidentally calling people when I putt he phone down or in my pocket and its starting to piss me off. Cant think of what that feature is called so I cant figure out what to google.

I keep calling peo

is there any way to get FireFox to not fuck up when I use high contrast mode in Windows 8.1?

how do I fix this?

Restore the default home page?

I need your help Sup Forums. Recently bought a last gen AMD GPU for around 70$ bucks, installed the Crimson Drivers on it but the goddamn clock speed goes shows 1000mhz but runs only at 400mhz in games as monitored by GPU-Z.

AMD still shows it as 1000mhz and if I try to OC it a little bit, it fucking crashes. Tried turning off power efficiency and added 5% to power consumption. What the fuck is going guys? Is AMD really shitty with their fucking drivers.

Is there a way to download HLS video? There's a dumb video on tweeter I want to grab, but they changed everything recently. I don't really understand if it's drm or what.

askubuntu.com/questions/168156/how-to-use-a-real-partition-with-windows-7-installed-in-a-virtualbox-vm

seems possible

i can't tell if my psu is dying , or if my cpu is dead.

after years of abuse my 8320 couldn't hold stock clocks and the "optimized defaults" in bios set the vcore at like 1.45 and like i said it couldnt hold stock clocks it was at 3.3 ghz max when the base clock should be 3.5 while being hot as SHIT with a high end noctua cooler that is installed properly. i was getting weird glitches like video glitches nonrelated to the gpu which i also know is functional , and hdds that i know were functional were disappearing from device manager, and the bios would occasionally freeze which is not a good sign. Now the computer doesn't even post if i use the 8320 , but i threw in a athlon x2 550 and everything works PERFECTlY . the drives were all being seen, no glitching.

I can't tell if my psu can power the athlon because it's a shitty little dual core but not the octocore because muh tdp.

psu testers are useless because they don't test under load .

any ideas

run furmark benchmark , it will also show your core clock while running the benchmark.
it will max your core clock , if it doesn't there is a problem . some games won't raise the clock much .

Is this almost unhearable because it was ripped in 5.1 but I'm using earbuds?
How can I fix it?

what the cheapest used laptop that I can throw 32 gigs of ram into. (ideally 4x8gb ddr3)
Ideally I'd like it to be able to hold 2 hdds and like an msata ssd, and ivy bridge is preferred, but sandy is fine if I can replace the dvd drive with a hard drive.
I want a device that I can use as a VM host for everything I'd want to run, and I want a laptop for the reduced power consumption and built in UPS

Yes. Downmix to stereo.

There is a developer option in firefox to take fullscreen screenshots of a webpage. screenshot --fullpage
What happens though is that if the page is too long, it will either not work, or leave the bottom parts blank.
Does anyone know why this happens? What influences firefox to take a partial screenshot? From what I can tell there is no hard limit, sometimes it works better than others.

Works fine for me, even on huge pages.

Can you please tell me which version are you using?

Any page you want me to try?
Are you doing it in the console things when you press shift+f2?

hbr.org/2016/06/how-facebook-tries-to-prevent-office-politics
I took the screenshot in firefox's reader view. It cut off the last few paragraphs.

And yes I am using the console by pressing shift+f.

Thank you.

*shrugs*

Thank you, I'll try some other things, see if I can't get this to work.

I need to reduce the size/resolution of 3 short ad-movies. Haven't done that before, what would be the best option ? win10.

Does Remix OS fully support the Google Play Store?

I'd like to install it on a netbook I've got just to play shit like Pokemon Go, since I cucked myself with a Windows Phone that'll never have it.

Is installing mpv on ubuntu as easy as sudo apt-get install mpv? Also, does everyone feel this stupid when they first try linux?

ffmpeg

Most people just use the Software Manager or Synaptic, but you can do that yes.

Ignorant is not stupid.

Javascript question... So here's an Object:

var post = {
board: "Sup Forums",
user: "user",
solved: false
}

I am writing a routine to print its structure like this:

post.board
post.user
post.solved

Here it is, defined then called:

function showStructure(obj){
var a;
for (a in obj){
console.log(obj +'.'+ a);
}
}

showStructure(post);

And the output:

[object Object].board
[object Object].user
[object Object].solved

How can I get the variable name of the parent object rather than a handle?

How would I got about extracting subs from a mkv file(s)?

Took me ages to find this thread, why the fuck would you change 'stupid' to 'small', OP?

mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvextract.html

How much does RAM speed affect gaming performance?

depends on how fucked up the game is by the developers, look at Fallout 4

A small amount and past a certain speed basically not at all.

Nah, ran it. The clock was set to 1000mhz by default, after like 30 seconds in went to 400mhz and destroyed the frame rate. Couldn't increase the clock at this point, had to restart for it to go back to 1000mhz.

Someone explain,

"file:///C:/"

What is this called. What is the method of organisation behind it. Explain please!

That's probably a pseudo-protocol used to access local files through your browser. Does that answer your question? Can you rephrase it otherwise?

Do shorter cables transfer data quicker?

Theory says yes.

Do I upgrade to win10 now so I don't have to bother later on when dx12 games start being released?
What "version" of win10 should I pirate?

dual boot nigga

I'm a convenience man, If I install it and a bunch of software on it I'll likely never launch 7 again because it's too much of a hassle to spend 20 seconds rebooting.

file:// - pseudo-protocol for local file access
/C:/ - path, starting from root (if you were using *nix, this would be /home/blah/blah).

build a second PC then

Those pads that are on the vram modules on a graphics card
what are they?

mine are all broken, solid and full of gunk
I'd like to replace them but I don't know what to look for

What size are the screws that you use to mount HDDs? Those good ones that you can use a Phillips head or a socket for, not those shitty ones that cheap cases come with. I bought new OEM drives and forgot that they wouldn't come with screws.

Sounds like thermal pads, you can probably replace it with thermal paste

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_case_screws#M3_screw

please I need help, I used 7tsp icon changer on windows 8.1 about a year ago and I never used it since, now I have o upgrade to windows 10 and I want to restore the icons to windows default, the problem is that the program says it will restore modified system files before 7tsp was used for the first time...does it mean it will restore all the changes I've done in the past year or only the icons? Or should I just upgrade to win10 without doing anything?

So is the card defective or could it possibly be a Voltage issue?

Cheers! Looks like I'll pick up both.

Is there a things to disable after installing win10 guide?

or can I just uninstall the program? I'm afraid I will fuck up the OS

run sfc /scannow

if you plug a fan in the wrong way, will it spin backwards?

Whats the best image viewer for Windows?

On Windows 10, the default photo app is a crap, I tried ImageGlass but somehow it opens and loads images with 1-2 seconds delay, for some reason, and shows gifs with lower framerate.

What else is worth using?

Do a fresh install. Download the media creation tool from MS and make a bootable USB (or CD if you live in 2003) with Windows 10 on it. It downloads the W10 software automatically. If you have never done it, do not worry for a second, it is made fucking idiot proof. (So much that it frustrated semi-advanced users.) Grandma could install it.

jpegview
honeyview
irfanview

Add-ons were causing the blocked "Message source" to appear. So I deleted my last question and came back with a new one:

I'm only getting a Microsoft domain from the IP in message source. Have they stopped showing people's IP adresses in source, or am I looking in the wrong places?

I'm a sheep.

Rx480 or gtx1060? I can't get my head around whether they're good cards or something bound to fuck me over

What is the frame rate of reality?