Has anyone had any experience with these Silverstone mini-itx cases. Are they too loud, too hot...

Has anyone had any experience with these Silverstone mini-itx cases. Are they too loud, too hot, anything you would have picked different during the build?

I'm gonna be in a studio apartment and any extra room would be nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W1uascUBDM0
corsair.com/en-us/bulldog-high-performance-pc-kit-na
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There a bit of a meme but if you want firsthand experience check out their threat on overclock.net in the small formfactor sub forum

Thanks

>Is X case too loud
I can never understand this meme.

I've got this exact case, it's pretty okay. Personally i'd like to go smaller with a new build though.

Default fans are OK but replacing them with nocturnas won't be a bad move, the cooling is pretty good, especially if you have the twin fans in the GPU section.

Construction is extremely solid though, so no concerns over vibration or anything causing extra noise.

Will the thermal dynamics of the case make midrange hardware spin up so it sounds like a PS4?

Do you sit it horizontal? I don't want to go smaller because I think it would be harder to build in.

Never buying a Mini ITX again, recently bought a new GPU but it doesn't fucking fit the case. I mean for lower end for last gen GPUs it's fine, but for newer ones it's gonna lack in space.

Vertical. Horizontal won't be too practical for me unless i put it with my TV. And from what i hear the included rubber feet are not quite high enough for optimal cooling. I'd suggest making your own feet or something to give it at least an inch of clearance from the surface.

This. Although the nocturna didn't do much for me (i5 6600). Had it placed on the desk for a short bit but then built a rack to mount it horizontally below the desk. Works great and everything is out of the way. Case was expensive but seemed well built (last PC I built before that was fifteen years ago). Stupid gpu is still loud though.

You need Bulldog

youtube.com/watch?v=W1uascUBDM0

water cooling for GPU and CPU

two SSD slot one HDD slot

fucking christ it's so easy to see if you can fit the GPU, and there are plenty cases that fit any size in the current year

That Bulldog looks very expensive Mr Dink. I'll only have a 65W i5 and 1070 at most.

corsair.com/en-us/bulldog-high-performance-pc-kit-na

$300 dollardoos for the case, mini power supply, and both watercoolers.

$400 for the skylake mobo version.

Honestly like real bulldogs, that case is ugly as fuck.

Yeah just like most people seem to think.

I am the only one that likes it. No gaymer LED but a subtle angular style. Most of all no gaymer corsair logo.

I want something that looks like a corsair 200r but smaller and sits horizontally.

What case? Really though, it's your fault for not checking whether the parts you buy will fit in your case. That goes for any case - not just mini-ITX.

Define nano s

Fractal Design Node 605

>sits horizontally

Node 202

That looks great, trying to find examples of something the size of GTX 1070 in one now. If not I'll bump up to

You can fit full-size GPUs in the Node 202. Thermals aren't amazing, but it works.

Forgot the name, just got it from the local shop. My old backup CPU was kinda rusty so I got a new case. Tried to replace the 6770 to a 7970 but couldn't fit the fucking thing.

The case in OP is pretty much the same layout as the Node 202 but with superior cooling. 2cm thicker though, if that bothers you.

The z02 is smaller than the z01 and still takes a full sized gpu
There's also a sugo that's smaller in volume but it's a different form factor.

z02 doesn't have any fan slots though. Is that okay for something like a i5 and 1070?

I use the SG13B-Q. I have a i7 6700 and GTX 780 reference design in there along with a 1TB WD Green, ATX power supply, and a 256GB SSD. That shit is so small and I needed to really cram to get everything to fit. It's great for freeing up room on the desk.