My Galaxy S4 is running Android 4.3, but to my understanding it's supposed to be able to run newer versions then that

My Galaxy S4 is running Android 4.3, but to my understanding it's supposed to be able to run newer versions then that.

I go to Settings > More > About Device > Software Update, but it always tells me "The latest updates have already been installed." But right on that same page it says the Android Version is 4.3.

So how can this be? Is there any way I get it to update?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Devices#vendor="Samsung";
wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Jflte_Info
wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jflte
wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Jfltexx_Info
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lmao
Bad bait
Sage

>Finish paying off contact (not buying your phone so you actually own it, kek)
>unlock
>root
>flash AOSP+gapps

This isn't bait, I'm serious.

I need it to go to at least Android 4.4 but it won't go, it just tells me every time that it's up to date.

Rather then sage, how about you actually help me?

Let's imply that you aren't baiting.
Go to wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Devices#vendor="Samsung"; and select your exact model (CHECK THE DAMN MODEL NUMBER OR YOU'LL GET A BRICK), then follow instructions.

>not cyanogen
enjoy your security and compatibility problems

The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.

>CMOD
Enjoy your chink botnet

> unmodified cm
> botnet
[citation needed]

You can flash cm13.

Pretty good phone still, would use it had I not got an s7.

oooo, another s4 user. I think that yours is a T-Mobile s4? they didn't give us lollipop. (5.0) all other carriers got it though. pretty fucked. if it is tmobiles m919 then your best bet is to root and use cyanogenmod

Okay so the phone has TracFone as the carrier, and I have the model number and stuff like that.

I'm seeing people arguing and I have no idea what to do here, but I may be retarded (See below).

I haven't been using any carrier; I've just been using wifi since I really haven't been traveling much. Having a carrier is how you get the update isn't it?

Can I use Samsung Kies to do it?

I had to take mine to the samsung experience place in bestbuy

Just choose your device's model number and you'll be fine.

Normally, to update you just need to have any internet connection.

I'll pist with trip from now to avoid confusion

By the way, what's the model number?

is it an m919 model number? I'm curious

U dumb nigger get a custom rom

It's SM-S975L(GP)

I see numerous S4 Models listed with carriers, but TracFone isn't listed. Would I choose the one that doesn't have anything listed or US Cellular or something like that?

Mine is on 5.0.1
Really want an s5 just because "waterproof", but the power connector is fucking aids.

Since CM12 they merged all carriers into standart version:
wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Jflte_Info

Okay, I've done some searching and it appears that they just never released any firmware for my specific model number other then Android 4.3, which is bullshit.

Apparently trying to install anything else usually leads to the device becoming an expensive paper weight, so that's probably not worth it.

I guess I'm going to have to get a new phone sometime soon, which sucks to say the least. Thanks for all your help though, everyone. I learned some stuff about phones/Android so that's nice.

just install a custom rom, like CM
wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jflte

Itt: average samshit users

go to the settings, about device, check the model number. it will say something like, for example, GT-I9505. then google that number + cyanogenmod, should lead you to the right page, like wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Jfltexx_Info

Flash a ROM nigga.