ITT: name the things that Apple got right

ITT: name the things that Apple got right.

In terms of heir OS, products, and/or innovations

>᠎

Made the first OS with a GUI available to end users. (ib4 they stole it from Xerox).

Set the standard for touch screen smart phones.

honestly Sup Forums is the most insanely zealous group of people when it comes to apple. Sup Forums likes to act like it's the victim of some persecution out there that apple is perpetrating. someone here is probably going to jump in and insist that they are.

you're not going to get any serious on-topic responses unless it's literally someone's first post on Sup Forums, or maybe the internet.

The only thing I love about Apple is their strict app design guidelines - shit just can't get published.

MacBooks are pretty high quality products for the most part and I personally like OSX much more so than Windows as well as Linux in many cases. Has all the software I need as well as offering good built-in features that I actually use.

iPod
Global menu bar
Magic Trackpad
12" PowerBook G4

Apple is the most user friendly thing out there. I prefer to have a minimal very customizable system but Linux is seriously missing a very simple user-friendly distro that comes pre-installed on computers. Ubuntu always feels more like a Windows than an Apple OS.

Ensuring that users still have easy access to a terminal/fully functional bash shell.

Considering Apple tries to pride themselves on simplicity/idiot-proofing and a "IT JUST WERKS" mentality. I am astounded that they didn't try some shit years ago to restrict access to the terminal on their machines.

This is in comparison to the windows command line. It was never anywhere near as good as the bash shell on Unix-like machines but it has gotten markedly less powerful over the years.

god, true. the command prompt is so terrible it's actually kind of nauseating. and powershell is better, but in the shittiest possible way, by being utterly incompatible with the conventional shell paradigms. like i get that microsoft wants to be the standard, etc..., but when you've fallen behind by 20+ years you catch up. you don't try to head the rest of the group off.

OSX interface is top notch

/thread

Phone size and performance
Cross device accesibility
PPI on phones

Nice shill faggot

this might work better if you show up within the first hour.

POO IN LOO

Best laptops
Best phones
Best support for the LGBT community

Mach
Darwin
Kexts
App bundles
Unix with productive applications
Object oriented OS
NeXTSTEP
(Yes, NeXT is apple)

Stop shit posting.

I was never able to afford a new mac computer so I can't say much about the older OSes with historical accuracy, but their iPod and iPod touch were groundbreaking, and itunes was decent for its time to be both a music player and store. They also have decent laptops but are taking the thin meme too far recently.

uh garageband?
although even that is oversimplified.

logic pro

Apple dominated the music platform with their ipods, so much that thete isnt another music player as popular as the ipod.

Apple is the best at price hikes and profitting.

Apple is one of the best at utilizing cheap aluminum in their products while still looking semi good.

However with jobs gone the company is going down hill.

Apple I and II
PowerPC Architecture
Powermac G5
Powermac G4 Cube (hello, bucket)

ITT: 10INR have been deposited in your account.

t. MS shill

>What is ubuntu mate

Of course there's pro 'apps' out there.
I mean in terms of accessibility, including garageband with iLife was a nice move when windows only had this by default.

>27 Inch iMacs still cheaper than displays with the same fucking LCD panel
(i.e 5k imac and 5k dell)