Burner phones

Do those still exist anywhere exept in movies?
Here up north they make you show ID if you wanna buy one of those cash-only phones, and you also need to register the SIM with your social security number. They send you a letter home with a code after you register it and the phone stays locked until you've fully identified your identity.

But I guess some 3rd world places still sell burners? Or do they? Seen any lately?

You can use things like skype and google voice if you need a free phone number to do things I think.

What?

No dear god no. Here in Canada if you have cash thats all you need. If you want you can give your phone company more info for perks but its not needed.

Here in the land of actual freedom, Australia, you can buy a voda sim for $2, register it online (behind >9000 proxies) under whatever fucking details you want, and off you go.

Feels good man.

But you have to provide photo ID when you buy it.

> using botnet to indulge in shenanigans

You understand what a burner phone is for.. right?

make a fake account while using a VPN

problem solved

No, you really don't. I regularly buy them for GSM based comm's kits, they are all registered under the name of the device they are going into

> Hello Mr CAS_ALARM_06, have you heard about our new data plans?

>Live in UK
>Buy shitty phone
>Go to a corner shop and get a sim card for a quid

Job done m8. What drugs are you selling anyway?

This
And if you're concerned about IMEI tracking and shit like that, you go into Carphone Warehouse and buy a phone with credit for £10 in total using cash

Legally, you do. It's also illegal to provide intentionally false or misleading information when registering the card, it's just not really enforced.

So which totalitarian shithole are you posting from O?

In 1st world countries where the crime rate isn't higher than the unemployment rate, you can buy a shitty phone and a prepaid sim without ever giving your name to anyone.

Here in Brazil they give out pre-paid SIM cards on the streets, it's kinda anoying actually, they dress up bitches in SIM-Whore outfits and keep them in every corner downtown. They do ask for your ID, but if you say you don't have your wallet or something, they register the SIM with random ID numbers and still give it to you.

It's not like that in your neighbouring country, Ahmed.

What communist state do you live in?

In New Somalia you don't need your personal ID number for buying/talking on the phone, and it's a first world country right next to you.

>buy phone
>do you want me to activate it for you?
>nty
>go home
>activate with fake id

Where in the fuck are you? I'm in burger land and I can buy a phone prepaid for cash and never have to show ID or provide info, and if they were to ask any info give it to them you don't have to tell them the truth.

If you go to Best Buy then I don't know their methods but dollar general doesn't give a fuck who you are and that you're buying every phone they have.

How's life in China OP?

He probably lives in jew york where selling extra large sodas is against the law.

What? I've bought like those Nokia 3310 in 2014 back then because they couldn't be tracked by the coppers. You can buy virtually anything from a pajeet phone shop unless it's contract, they usually ask you to enter your name in the paper slip but I never write my real name in those sheets. Never once was I asked for a ID.

Eh? Since when? Kindof sounds like bs to me.

Here in russia you "need" a passport to buy a sim card or sign in for any other telephone/cable/isp service for 5 or even maybe 7 years already.
But it is russia, so you could easily buy sim on the street or just at some small dirty local shop for about 2-3$. There is no need in any activation process.

Here in bosnia you can buy a phone + simcard, no questions asked for cash, for around 15 bucks.

In Germany you can buy SIM cards w/o ID, but you need to register them online.

You can put in fake info and no one will care, for a while at least. After 5 months or so I got my fake prepaid plan blocked by the provider because they screen the addresses or some bullshit, and they wanted me to send them an ID to prove that I really am Bobby McFaggot to continue using the card. But I just throw it away and bought a new one, nothing really much happened.

what the fuck op

what's the deal with sim cards and cell phones? can't you just buy replacement sim cards instead of buying a new phone?

IMEI?

Also: registering a prepaid SIM? WTF?