Are '''''''gaming''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''laptops''''''''''''''''''''''' still a meme nowadays?

Are '''''''gaming''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''laptops''''''''''''''''''''''' still a meme nowadays?

What is that cat wearing?

Just buy a Mid-Tier laptop for personal use or coding. I never took anyone seriously who has gayming laptops, especially for those who bring it at work.

yes.
the option for a laptop is still a older Thinkpad

It seems like unless you want to spend over $1500 on a laptop you won't be able to run today's games at a reasonable setting at a good framerate. You can run older games ok but that's about it.

gaming laptops will ALWAYS be worse than the alternatives.

The smart option would be to stop playing video games completely. But, a desktop will always be better in terms of gaming.

The only correct way to do gaming on laptop is to setup dedicated headless windows machine and stream games trough steam while you are at home and use it for work/web browsing when you are out.

My desktop pc was seized by the police, then I had to go to boarding school for 2 years, so I bought a gaming laptop for 1000$.

Any other reason to buy one is not enough imo

Not really. Technology has changed since 2003, and most gaming laptops are just as powerful as a desktop.

They are a meme if you actually intend playing on them but if for some reason you need a laptop with powerful gpu i don't see why not.

They always will be a meme. You could get a decent desktop and then buy a nice laptop with the extra money you saved.

>My desktop pc was seized by the police
Elaborate.

what fo you mean by gayming?
I gayme in my used chinkpad albeit obviously not new titles

... no?

Yeah they are great. Everyone who talks trash is just suffering from a case of the fox and the grapes. The GPU is the most important part obviously. I have one with an nvidia gtx 870m and another with a gtx 970m. My wife and I can play all the latest games in 1080p with smooth framerates. Yeah they are more expensive but then you aren't just limited to sitting in an office or bedroom if you are a kid. Gaming in the living room with the family or anywhere is worth the premium.

Ok little man

You can't be THAT inane

they're getting lighter, cooler, more silent and heck, some of them look half decent too

so no, it's just handy to be able to carry one around everywhere. like if i want to connect it to my big ass tv or go to friend to show some gamez i can

No, but apparently apostrophes are.

A GTX 970 outperforms any laptop gpu... And you're saying that "it's the same thing"

it's not a competition. if a game is playable, that's enough. if you've ever played on a gameboy or an nds, surely you would agree that you don't need great graphics in order to enjoy a game