/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Galaxy Note 7 now spotted on AnTuTu with SD820 SoC, QHD display
gsmarena.com/galaxy_note7_spotted_on_antutu_with_sd820_soc_qhd_display-news-19254.php

>Samsung Galaxy J MAX leaks; reportedly a 7-inch smartphone
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j_max_leaks_reportedly_a_7inch_smartphone-news-19256.php

>Meizu's upcoming MX6 smartphone to cost around $300
gsmarena.com/meizus_upcoming_mx6_smartphone_to_cost_around_300-news-19253.php

>New schematics hint the iPhone 7 will be shorter, narrower and just a bit chubbier
gsmarena.com/new_schematics_hint_the_iphone_7_will_be_shorter_narrower_and_just_a_bit_chubbier-news-19238.php

>Rumor says Xiaomi Mi Note 2 will be made official on July 25
gsmarena.com/rumor_says_xiaomi_mi_note_2_will_be_made_official_on_july_25-news-19252.php

>OxygenOS 3.2.1 update begins rolling out to the OnePlus 3
androidpolice.com/2016/07/07/oxygenos-3-2-1-update-begins-rolling-oneplus-3/

>Forget MicroSD cards, Samsung introduces UFS removable cards with up to 530MB/s read speeds
androidpolice.com/2016/07/07/uber-fast-storage-forget-microsd-cards-samsung-introduces-ufs-removable-cards-530mbs-read-speeds/

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_performance-7949.php
engadget.com/2016/07/01/sony-xperia-x-performance-review/
arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/07/sony-xperia-x-performance-review-uk/
ibtimes.com/sony-xperia-x-review-where-did-it-all-go-wrong-2386365
theverge.com/2016/6/10/11889750/sony-xperia-x-review-price-phone-specs
androidpolice.com/2016/06/27/sony-xperia-x-performance-quick-review/
amazon.com/Anker-10000mAh-Portable-Gerneration-Technology/dp/B009USAJCC
gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_187685.html
amazon.com/10000mAh-Qualcomm-Charge-Aluminum-Samsung/dp/B00UBDI7EC
phonearena.com/news/I-used-the-Sony-Xperia-Z5-for-a-month-and-its-a-complete-mess_id79063
trustedreviews.com/news/lg-g5-sales-bad-poor-official
phonearena.com/news/LG-G5-reportedly-failed-to-generate-sales_id82889
engadget.com/2016/04/11/lg-g5-review/
dailystar.co.uk/tech/reviews/508403/LG-G5-review
theverge.com/2016/4/8/11391826/lg-g5-review-friend-modules-android
greenbot.com/article/3055197/android/lg-g5-review-lgs-appetite-for-risk-is-admirable-but-doesnt-pay-off.html
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/lg-g5-review-an-interesting-idea-shoddily-executed/
thenational.ae/business/the-life/lg-g5-review-superb-display-and-camera-but-falls-short-elsewhere
fortune.com/2016/04/22/lg-g5-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LG G4 or G5 as a replacement for a Z3?
Or should I replace the adhesive on my phone?
The adhesive holding the screen started to fail so it's slowly detaching.

>tfw /waitingfornexus/

Shit guys, my lg g2 is getting slow, but I don't wanna switch.

I just can't leave those buttons on the back. It's too comfy. I would get the g4, but I'm on Verizshit so the bootloader is locked.

You think it's worth it to switch carriers to get the g4? I just want vanilla android and those buttons on the back. Shame nobody else puts the buttons there.

If that's a crappy idea, nexus or moto x pure?

:(

Just get an iPhone, then you can use any carrier you want.

G4 has a hardware bootloop issue and you better avoid it. get the G5 if you can afford it.

But muh buttons.
That's the only reason I would want an LG phone to begin with

What do you guys think of sony's new fuck up?

where can i find specs?

underpowered and overpriced, it's ridiculous

iPhones don't have a microsd slot.

2bh I hate the meme buttons on the back. my brother has the G4 and every time I try using it I'm reminded why I dislike LG.

gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_performance-7949.php

Hourly reminder that iPhones are pieces of outdated dogshit that lack millions of useful features. Link all paid apple shills to this image.

>Sony Xperia X Performance review: $700 worth of disappointment
engadget.com/2016/07/01/sony-xperia-x-performance-review/

>Sony Xperia X Performance doesn't live up to its name

>Sony Xperia X Performance review: £500 is a lot to ask for a fairly basic phone

>Sony Xperia X Review: Where Did It All Go Wrong?
ibtimes.com/sony-xperia-x-review-where-did-it-all-go-wrong-2386365

>Sony Xperia X review: X marks the flop
theverge.com/2016/6/10/11889750/sony-xperia-x-review-price-phone-specs

>Sony Xperia X Performance quick review: A flawed phone with an obscene price
androidpolice.com/2016/06/27/sony-xperia-x-performance-quick-review/

Literally the worst Sony flagship ever. it's embarrassing how retarded this company can be.

Seriously the Z line was awesome, the X looked nice, then it came out.

They stated they'd fix the phones with the issues.
Also why not try fixing my phone?
Yet Marshmallow would be nice since T-Mobile utterly abandoned all the Sony users.

if you have tmobile just pick up an s6 edge, they're going for 480 atm.

I loved the Z line, which is why it pains me to see them doing idiotic things and fuck up their mobile division with those subpar models. their entire mobile segment needs a reboot asap.

That's for pre-owned though.
A new G4 is can be had for

I jumped on the bandwagon and got the Redmeme Note 3 Pro, its perfect but uh...

I can't get adaway to get past the 'applying hosts file' stage, it always crashes before it can finish. I tried it using systemless supersu and xposed on Mokee and Pajeet CM13 and it shits itself everytime. It works fine for me on MIUI roms though.

I'm tried changing permissions but even that ends up crashing the phone, I'd ask on XDA but other's have asked and all they get is 'werks for me :)'.

They release two flagships a year, we'll just have to wait.

No, brand new s6 is on sale for 200 off.

s6 edge*

Ohhhh I was looking at the wrong one.
What makes it better than the LGs though?

Better screen and better build quality and an exynos octa core instead of a snapdragon 808 from 2 years ago.

iPhone SE or iPhone 5s and save some money for hookers?

see

At the same time it lacks expandable storage, and since the G4 can take Raw photos, thats nice. (I like taking a l o t of pictures).

Nice bait.

Any serious reply? Is there a big performance difference between the two?

Doesn't it bother you that you're literally paying more for less? You know 128GB microsd cards are going to hit $20 soon right?

Less what? I dont like Android and I dont really care about sd cards.

So you just enjoy getting fucked in the ass by Apple? k

nice projection breh

>less storage
>less RAM
>less screen resolution
>less features
>less apps
>less battery capacity
>ect

Why are HTC's budget phones always nicer looking than their flagships?
The 626s and the 530 look really nice.

I am not getting the 16gb model, storage isn't a problem. iPhones don't need more ram, screen looks fine its 4 inches ffs what else do you need, don't really care about customization.

>less apps
Apps are the problem, the apps I use work much better on iOS, that is one of the main reason I dont even consider android

People usually set up their smartphone to make it control their TV / PC

What program can let me do the opposite? I want to be able to send inputs to my Android phone from the PC

SE if for manlets and 5s is old af. just get the 6s.

see

Pushbullet.

> It works fine for me on MIUI roms though.
Then flash the Xiaomi.eu one, it's fast and debloated.

My priorities are:
- clean, as vanilla as possible OS that will see at least 2 years of continuous updates
- battery life to get me through a day easily
- good and fast gps
- sturdiness, able to take a hit

Performance is necessary but I'm not one that bitches at a little lag every now and then as long as the phone does not hang on me - my current phone is a Moto G first gen and it's getting sluggish.

I genuinely hate thin phones, the Moto G feels perfect in the palm of my hand and its curved plastic back serves as a great crash-protection.

I was looking at:

- Moto X Play
- Moto G4
- Maybe One Plus 2

Which would be the best phone, given my priorities? The One Plus 2 would be pushing my budget. I can probably reach for 350€ at best but I'd rather stick to under 300€. Or is it worth it shooting for a One Plus 3 and calling it a day?

iphone SE or nexus 6p, i need something with alot of battery time. Maybe the lg g5? dont want a samsung phone

Htc 10

G4 Plus.

Enjoy the free heating and stutters on the G4.

Buying a SD808 or SD810 device in >the current year
is really retarded

Buy a true flagship if you have the money, and buy an OP3 or Xiaomeme Redmeme Note 3 Pro (or whatever it is called) if you don't

Any good power bank suggestions to go with my OP3?

amazon.com/Anker-10000mAh-Portable-Gerneration-Technology/dp/B009USAJCC

gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_187685.html

Try anker power banks on amazon.

Fuck I got ninja'd

amazon.com/10000mAh-Qualcomm-Charge-Aluminum-Samsung/dp/B00UBDI7EC

It's p. good I guess. Charges input and output using QuickCharge.

Fuck I got ninja'd

Forgot about Dash Charge too

The SE is A LOT faster than the 5S, I highly recommend getting that one.

There's a speed comparison on Jon Morrison/TDLD (or something) youtube channel if you don't believe me.

Stop lying guys, the Z line became irrelevant from the Z4 on.
phonearena.com/news/I-used-the-Sony-Xperia-Z5-for-a-month-and-its-a-complete-mess_id79063
Sony phones have been a mess since 2015, the only good thing about them is the good software support on XDA (which you NEED, given their own software is unusable).

Should I get a galaxy active?

Yeah, it's bretty gud.
Don't get the 1+2. Get the 1+3 instead.

The Moto devices are also OK I guess.

moto X Play yay or nay?

How is the Iphone SE? My only concern is having to put all my Music on iTunes in order to get it onto the Iphone. I could go full normie and get spotify but I also listen to alot of stuff not available on spotify

Also how large is the new nexus gonna be?

I like the 1+3 but 400€ for a phone would make me routinely paranoid. My Moto G has been in the snow, sand, water, searing hot sun, squished between keys and sharp zippers, dropped multiple times... - still completely fine and I didn't think much of it since it was like 170€

400€ now that's another thing...

Worth it over the basic G4?

Any idea on release/price for the Moto Z droid?

>Worth it over the basic G4?
Better camera, more RAM, fingerprint reader. yep.

Hey!
It's my first post here in Sup Forums, recommend me a new phone.

I'm a massive Windows Phone fan, I just love the tile setup, and the clarity of it. I'm using it for about 5 years now, and I'm not really up to date in new smartphones.

But lately I got fed up with the lack of updates and the WP10 shit, so it's time to swap.

I would like to get an android phone, but I have a quite refined taste in phones after living with windows phones, I dont like complicated menus and all that shit.

Also considered an iPhone 6, and I like it, but it's overpriced, so only android left.

Budget is quite loose, but I would top it around $350.

Thanks in advance!

Thinking about switching my iphone 6+ for an LG G5. I'm just tired of iPhones and their lack of SD cards, and general modularity that android phones have.

Why did you consider the iphone 6 if your budget was 350?

>but it's overpriced
Its expensive, but its worth the money.

You literally cannot buy an iPhone and say 'i overpaid for this'

I was just reading up on it and...
>better camera
sadly it's exactly the same even with the higher mp count

>more RAM
that would have sold me over, but then I found out it's only on the models with more RAM, which are not avaivable in Europe afaik.

>fingerprint
cool but not my thing

I guess I can safely just buy the G4 though. Or the X Play since it has a bigger battery. Decisions, decisions.

I have just tried my friend's 6s+ for a few hours, and I liked it very much, I just wouldn't like to pay that much for a phone. I said it wrong sorry.

Alright nevermind, X Play doesn't even have a gyro, that's out.

>300€
Mi5/RN3P/ZUK Z2.

>only on the models with more RAM
with more internal gb's, derp. I should get some coffee.

Have a cool bike and a cool truck in exchange for my brain deadness.

Is the LG G5 considered a good phone for what it is?

>nokia lumia 950 for 320 eurobucks on ebay

jesus that phone completely bombed

Is there a way to put android on that thing? Would be goat desu.

No, it's shit and no ones buying it.

LG speaks out, confirms poor LG G5 sales – official
trustedreviews.com/news/lg-g5-sales-bad-poor-official

LG G5 reportedly "failed to generate sales"
phonearena.com/news/LG-G5-reportedly-failed-to-generate-sales_id82889

see

How is it shit? The reviews for it are nice.

HTC 10 had poor sales and it's the best smartphone currently available.

htcs reputation turned to shit, the htc 10 is a nice phone but right now it's also fucking expensive

what caused that to happen?

Who here /meizu/?

the m9 bombed, that's probably the problem. Also samsung was earlier there for the sales and many people jumped for the s7.

> The reviews for it are nice.
No, they're really not. it's a fucking abomination.

LG G5 review: Bolder doesn't always mean better - Engadget
engadget.com/2016/04/11/lg-g5-review/

LG G5 review: This smartphone is bonkers (DS)
dailystar.co.uk/tech/reviews/508403/LG-G5-review

LG G5 review - Less than the sum of its parts -The Verge
theverge.com/2016/4/8/11391826/lg-g5-review-friend-modules-android

LG G5 review: LG's appetite for risk is admirable, but doesn't pay off
greenbot.com/article/3055197/android/lg-g5-review-lgs-appetite-for-risk-is-admirable-but-doesnt-pay-off.html

LG G5 review: An interesting idea, shoddily executed
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/lg-g5-review-an-interesting-idea-shoddily-executed/

LG G5 review: Superb display and camera but falls short elsewhere
thenational.ae/business/the-life/lg-g5-review-superb-display-and-camera-but-falls-short-elsewhere

Review: The LG G5 Is Unique but Underwhelming
fortune.com/2016/04/22/lg-g5-review/

Are there any phone-sized Android devices that aren't actually phones?

I'm looking for something to use exclusively with a VR headset since my HTC M9 gets hotter than the fucking sun.

Even those reviews say it's a nice phone, not the best, but nice.
Hell the first one you link rated it an 81/100.

The whole friends/modules meme is a failure and the battery is shit though. for the price it's selling there's no reason to get it instead of the other flagships i.e. S7/HTC 10.

I want to buy a second Android device, which should be as cheap as possible. It doesn't need to be a high end device, however it should have all the basic features. I thought about getting one of the cheap Amazon Fire tablet when it was only 50€, but I didn't get it then because of the horrible display resolution and the lack of Bluetooth and GPS.

I would buy one of the chink devices, as I order much stuff from China anyway, but the device should have support from one of the major custom roms. I don't trust the chink Android versions and also want to have software updates in the future. Any recommendations?

what is a good small phone ?

z5c ?
[spoiler]Iphone SE[/spoiler] ?

Around 3 years ago I fell for the fucking piece of garbage meme phone Nexus 5 thanks to Sup Forums.
Now that it's finally dying (for good, hopefully), I need a new phone.

Can you recommend any device with a good camera and speakers?

I wish there were other Japanese brands than Sony that are globally available :c

moto e 2nd gen prepaid

got mine on black friday for $10 but you can get em on sale ofr $25 or $40 regular price

they just work. Can perfectly emulate DS games but the camera sucks

Anyone here have a nexus 4? Is it still usable in 2016? Thanks!!

Stupid question but I've downloaded the Kodi app on my phone and there aren't any options for TV or films or anything.
Is there something else I have to install or what?

Nexus 5X

All these personal opinions with no facts to back your autist ass up bitch.

enjoy your green bubbles you faggot.

>All these personal opinions with no facts to back your autist ass up bitch.
>no mSD is an opinion
>enjoy your green bubbles you faggot.
Whoops looks like you're on the wrong website child. I think you were looking for www.facebook.com

lel. that's not how it works. time for you to hit google.

Don't be such a weeb. Sony phones are all made in china anyway. At least Korean phones are made in their homeland.

My M8 got stolen about three months ago, so I've been using my Nexus 4 from 2013. It performs amazingly well, better than most other phones I see, and it's beautiful, but the camera is garbage and the battery is just decent on Marshmallow. Future-proof wise, It's pretty much the best purchase I've ever made, but I'm definitely gonna switch it for this year's nexus when it comes out.
I don't believe I'd buy one now, but I'm having absolutely no problems using mine daily until I change it in October.

looking for a phone, possibly refurbished/used
country: Czech Republic, carrier is t-mobile but i guess that is irrelevant
wanted features:max 5", big battery, quality camera, microSD slot, gyroscope, not HTC
any suggestions below let's say 200$? How about the Xperia Compact series, are they any good? they look ideal

Huh. Thanks. I'm currently running a Ulefone Paris and the thing's slowly breaking button by button and amazon.de had a nexus 4 at a very good price.

I've had Sony phones for years, yeah the touchscreen can be a bit shit and over responsive, yeah the waterproof features will likely fail at the wrong time but the hardware has always been good. I upgraded from the z3c recently and didn't even bother with this. I went with Samsung in the end.

I need some advice pham

>Country
USA! (specifically NYC)
>Carrier
T-mobile, SIMple mobile, or cricket
>Wanted features
I'm really going to just use it as a glorified MP3 player. Probably play some pooinloo Tetris. Oh, and make calls
>Budget
$100-$170
>Size
5" or bust

I'm thinking about getting a MSTAR S700 (full package), but they seem to be sold out everywhere.