I'm developing a fantasy Sup Forums stock exchange codenamed Meme Exchange (memex) for now

I'm developing a fantasy Sup Forums stock exchange codenamed Meme Exchange (memex) for now.

The idea is that you create an account and you get given 1000 fake dollars. You can use this to invest in boards and potentially memes.

I will have scripts running on the server analyzing each board every hour and automatically assigning value to the stocks based on a long list of factors including but not limited to: number of threads per hour, posts per hour, number of posters per thread, average thread lifetime, and so on and so on. It will obviously also be effected by how much people invest in the stock too. I want to factor in enough things that can effect price that it won't be too easy to game it but you can still have fun with manipulating the market. The idea is that you have to speculate on boards popularity (and other factors), you can make money from certain boards influx of summerfags etc.

I'm just putting it out to you guys at the moment to get your feedback, any ideas you have, what features you think would be cool etc. Especially what factors you think should effect stock prices and by what amount.

I'm planning to have leaderboards so you can try and compete on who is making the most money. They'll be graphs showing you historical prices and all that normal stuff.

I was thinking of adding memes that are text based as investment options, like Trump, kek, :^), etc. Things that I can actually track use of.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdhNkv4ryuM
Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sign me up

>dankness charts

Please his no memes need to die and burn in hell

>fake dollars
>not neetbux
>not tendy tokens

That's not the official name.

>you create an accoun
>Sup Forums

dead on arrival. better sell your shit to reddit, fag

Sounds like a dank concept
I would also try to talk to /biz/ about it
The currency should be chicken tendies or goodboy points (GBP)

youtube.com/watch?v=rdhNkv4ryuM

That sounds fucking amazing.
In fact, if OP doesn't follow through and make it I'm probably going to myself.

This is the most reddit thing I've ever seen.

I am digging it OP

>influx of summerfags
nice meme. Sup Forums's activity does not increase very much in the summer. Look on /q/ archives if you don't believe me. moot said so.

Your project will fail because you lack an understanding of how Sup Forums works. You genuinely believe that activity increases in the summer, for some reason. I've actually seen this on some forums, too. particularly a dead one.

>Hahah guys the summerfags will save us from death hahah!
>3 months later
>Just wait lmao!
>everyone i don't like is reddit!

sounds neat

>pepe market can finally become a real thing

If you want to invest in memes just buy Trump Coin

Suggestion: Keep a list of sha256sums for all the official memes and host them on the market site. OC can be submitted and added to the list.

Issue: Sup Forums performs compression on images, would have to find a workaround or another way to verify official memes(?). This also sounds a lot like official currency, maybe a bad idea/too complex?

OP is just a crossposting faggot

contact /biz/, nice idea

The exchange part is stupid but it would be neat if you made a website that just showed the statistics

Seems autistic as fuck, sign me up.

Go braves!

Can we trade good boy points?

Some guy who was fired from Reddit literally wanted to do this, though, but with the capability to tip/earn bitcoins for posting your original content potential memes. I think he expected people to hyperlink to the pages of the up-and-coming memes instead of reposting them.

Yes, it is retarded.

Sup Forums.org/flash?file=10millionget.swf&title=10M+GET+Game&w=600&h=400

Sounds fun as hell

Make it anonomouse and I will contirbute code to this shit.

How would I keep track of the development?

Sign me the fuck up fampai

Sick, would invest tendies in memes

>Not making up dank names

Where's your fun, Johnny Cocky?