GNU uses non-free CSS on their website

>GNU uses non-free CSS on their website.
Explain this Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap
gnu.org/layout.css
nonfree.pizza
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

CSS can't be non-free, nigger. Reported.

Take out the .min.
Sage.

>CSS can't be non-free
Why not?

CSS files are not programs idiot

source available does not mean FLOSS

Because, Pajeet, CSS is not a programming language, and therefore can't be compiled to binary. That just doesn't make sense. Therefore, there's no such thing as open or closed-source CSS.

This.

The license is RIGHT THERE, OP. This is the minified form. So long as the source is available (it is) and it's properly licensed, it's free.

Did you get tripped up because you think "free software" means "open source," and then further tripped up because you think "open source" means "distributed in source form only?" Fucking retard.

you are retarded

Nonfree CSS, just like nonfree Javascript, means that even though you can see the "code" it's so obfuscated to save space that it might as well be compiled.

gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap

I saw Richard Stallman at an internet cafe in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for foot fungus or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his thinkpad shut in front of my face. I scooted over a chair and continued my browsing, and I heard him chuckle as I scooted. When I went to pay for my internet access up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen of those mini-muffins the cashier had set out in his hands without paying.
The girl at the register was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she counted all of the muffins and tried to find out the cost, he stopped her and told her to count them again, “to prevent any minification,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she counted the muffins and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>open or closed-source
First, the issue is freedom, so don't call it "open" or "closed," call it "free or nonfree."

Second, any copyrightable work can be free or nonfree. CSS is copyrightable, so it can be nonfree.

Third, the real thing to worry about is whether or not you require things such as art or themes to be freedoms-respecting or not. The FSF doesn't consider nonfree art or themes to be as big a crime as nonfree software, but nonetheless have made their CSS free.

gnu.org/layout.css
There, source. License is in both files. The CSS is free.

Well done, OP, my jimmies are fucking rustled.

nonfree.pizza

>First, the issue is freedom, so don't call it "open" or "closed," call it "free or nonfree."
Personally, I like to call it "entitlement". Prople feel entitled to see and use other people's code and to impose that on others as a fight for freedom, to the point where they're offended by a .CSS stylesheet with an MIT license because it doesn't have line breaks.

This is mental disease, not a cause.

>offended by a .CSS stylesheet with an MIT license because it doesn't have line breaks
The OP made a shitpost based on an ebin nonfree javascript meme he thought he understood but didn't. No one got offended.

Actually, free software is about users having freedom to modify, use, and redistribute programs, not about entitlement to other people's software.

>using crystal soul spear
>ever
I bet you have an estoc in your shitty hands too.

How do can I know that the non-minified version is the same minified one? Also, RMS' website serves non-minified version of CSS, so it is an issues whether it is free or not

>How do can I know
The same way you know that a binary is what you'd get if you compiled the source yourself: you can't. If you want, load the non-minified version instead.

RMS's website's CSS is public domain, i.e. free.

Literally install gentoo

>css
>software
when will this meme end?

What do you mean, that's clearly an MIT license right there, which is free.