No control at all over updates in windows 10

>no control at all over updates in windows 10
Who the hell though that was a good idea?

>windows
Who the hell though that was a good idea?

ur mom did

get rekt faget

Their customers. They are essentially supporting terrible business practices by continuing to purchase their products -- particularly when they are blindingly purchasing their products (i.e. corporations).

Why is any thread with anime in it such shit bait?
Just disable updates and you're good, you're not that tech illiterate, are you?

And if you are, you're not so incapable that you can't do a google search?

>disabling updates
Remember when you could just choose whatever you wanted to update in 8.1 in below, rather than going on "get all or get nothing" mode?

Oh, no, let's just support an extra 20 hours disabling inane defaults (this is just one of many) because it's just that easy to do so! It doesn't matter that millions of corporations are going to blindly install it without doing anything about their auto-updates system. This is also going to infuriate many people from IT.

> in 8.1 in below
*and

>tfw waiting for mandatory update that bricks your computer

Who the hell thinks giving windows any network is a good idea?

>20 hours disabling inane defaults
It's one button to disable updates and changing a couple more settings should never take more than a minute, even on w10.

Why are anime threads so shit?

That'll never happen, but you're posting anime so you're not even smart enough to make good life decisions.

>get mandatory update
>bsod

There are a shitton of inane defaults you would have to change if you are anything more than a casual user of a personal computer

And you aren't that smart. Updates should never been mandatory.

Yeah, literally one minute and 3 defaults in the installer.

Except they're not, you can disable them in windows. You're really not that smart if you can't even do that.

>security updates are bad
You pedos are so paranoid it's actually quite funny

>literally one minute

What the hell kind of defaults are you talking about? Language and font type? Goodness you are on a completely different page so it's no wonder you're talking about one minute.

who wants to fiddle fuck with updates? Even linux doesnt even pester the user with individual updates.

stoo being a spergo and click the upgrade button while its still free.

>Updates should never been mandatory
Not him.

Idk man, I've dealt with a lot of average computer users and I'm honestly inclined to think it's not such a bad idea. Mandatory in the sense that it's turned on by default, that is.

>stoo being a spergo and click the upgrade button while its still free
And now on full screen!

Same thing. It should be automatic by default, and give the option to leave it disabled or manual

>extra 20 hours
lol. It's just a button. I literally spend more time when I spend 30 seconds editing my config files on *nix. God, you're stupid.

>It's just a buton

No, there's no magical button that will turn off all inane defaults. Oh, yes you fucking heard me, "all" inane defaults. I'm not talking about just this setting. I think if you re-read what I said you'll realize how much of a shit you're being when I'm talking about more than just the auto-updates option.

It's actually a good thing for normies.

Make a list of defaults you're talking about or fuck off.

Where's that "windows 10 upgrade is a tech literacy test" with Windows 7 in it when you need it

The same reason Linux is moving to systemd across the board. The same reason apt-get upgrade/update update everything by default in the stable repos. It just works for 99% of users and leads them using better software.

Up-to-date software is safer software. There's no reason to privilege your granny who insists on using out-of-date internet explorer versions, and there's no reason to privilege autists who insist on using Firefox 24 because "It's the last good release!! muh sjwzilla!". Old software is vulnerable, and they realized the best preventative was to take the choice to continue using ancient software off-by-default, which is good enough for 99% of the users, and can be switched by anyone else otherwise.

>Even linux doesnt even pester the user with individual updates.
This. Just apt-get update/upgrade and etc.

Boy, you sure sound angry. But if you really insist that it took you literally 20 hours to disable Windows updates, then I really and genuinely feel bad for you. I guess Windows users really are retards after all. Please stop wasting Sup Forums's time.

>it's okay to update Linux but not windows
Oh fuck off already, you're so full of shit I can smell it from here.

It's not windows users that's the problem, it's animefags that pretend they know shit when they're more tech illiterate then most grandmas

Weebshit btfo

If you're going to use Windows 10, at least grab Enterprise. Same shit as pro except you have more control over things with Group Policies and you can actually turn updates off.

And here we see a desperate op bumping his thread 3 hours after the last post because he can't think of any more bait to post alongside a random anime image.

And here we see a desperate op bumping his thread because he can't think of any more bait to post alongside a random anime image.

What are you talking about? I can disable updates for 7 days at a time on insider builds!!1