ThinkPad Quality

>ThinkPad Quality

I know, right? If only Macbooks had useful status lights and removable palm rests. Hell, you can't even replace the RAM without a soldering iron.

>its shit quality because its not a sealed shut, un-repairable, overpriced block of aluminum with all usefull features removed in the name of muh minumalizum

>they choose their laptop based on how it will look sitting on the table at chipotle

There's far too many screws on these shits I tell ya hwat

OMG it's easily serviceable, what an outrage!!

Better than gaymer laptops

You're argument is based around the presumption that people who buy a MacBook want or need any of that, or at least that, if they DO want it, the benefits justify the costs. It's like saying your car is "better" because it has AWD.

>plastic
nuff said

Back in the IBM days, there was even a to-scale diagram on the bottom of the machine with a labeled list of screws, the lengths, and where they went.

>plastic
>nuff said
plastic you say?

It's crazy how timeless many of Apple's products are. I mean most of the stuff they designed in the 2000s still looks amazing today, very unlike the pieces of shit other manufacturers shat out in those years.

>inb4 poo in loo rajeesh, 2 rupees have been deposited into your Apple account

Best days of Apple right there. They can go to fuck nowadays.

I'd been a Thinkpad user since the original 700C, but when the G4 Titanium came out, I wanted that shit so bad. Such a gorgeous looking machine.

It was kind of a lose though. Was already slow when it was brand new, scratched every CD I put it in (and they usually got stuck ejecting), the battery kept falling out, it would shut off if you picked it up by only the left side and then within a year the hinges cracked and the screen came off.

...went back to Thinkpads.

how?

how what? Under the rubberized coating, it's AZ91D alloy magnesium. You can polish it like aluminum.

>plastic you say?

*tips fedora*

more pics please

too bad timeless design doesn't translate to timeless function.

everything is white ...cause you're a racist.

that's why it's so heavy

magnesium weighs about the same as plastic for a given volume.

>same weight for given volume

if only there was a single word to describe this

'density' is less clear in this case because it can mean (or imply) several things.

true. one example is how dense a person has to be for them to not understand what density means in that context

you're new here aren't you?

Your*

Oh, fuck me! I can't believe I actually did that! Jesus Christ, this is a direct hit in my autism - now I feel almost as stupid as those people who think that "should've" is somehow short for "should of". Almost.

Anyway, thanks for the correction, I'm not even sarcastic here.

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

OMFG U SO FONI LELELELELE

>It's like saying your car is "better" because it has AWD.
But AWD is objectively better.

It puts more stress on the tires and drivetrain, it's bad for fuel economy, and it won't do jack shit for some Californian soccer-mom in her Jetta. People have different needs and use-cases, there's no one-size-fits-all for computers.

>I mean most of the stuff they designed in the 2000s still looks amazing today, very unlike the pieces of shit other manufacturers shat out in those years.
lol

anyone have an idea on that macbook model?

It's an iBook G4

It's an iBook G4. It says it right on the bezel.

It's the 12" one to be specific.

Fuck you I love that design

spooker Aladdin

It's not '90s anymore, gramps

>I mean most of the stuff they designed in the 2000s
>most of the stuff
>most

more

PINGU

MORE!

>look up any model in thinkpad wiki
>all of them have some shitty issues like warping plastic or bad cooling

>design over function.

my god hans it's beautiful, but will it work?

Easy to disassemble, because you're going to need to.

>sitting on balls
macfags, everyone

>circling random things

10/10 you've convinced me

~unibody~

But with cars, you pay for luxury.
I mean an expensive car usually provide something that feels better, runs better and looks better.

A lot of people like how the macbook looks.
I can get that someone would get a macbook because it looks better than other laptops.

But a macbook does not feel better.
It is constructed of aluminum, which means it is cold to the touch.
Some weirdo might be into that, but I doubt that many people would say that macbooks feels good, at least compared to other laptops.
The keyboard is not great which also makes the whole thing weird to use.
And I might be in the minority here, but I wear a wrist watch.
That means I have to type in an even weirder fashion or the watch will scratch against the laptop.

The performance is not better than on other machines.
The cooling is a major problem for apple computers.
The trashcan, the netbook are both well documented to suffer from poor performance because of the cooling. I think the macbooks have decent performance, but you can get better performance elsewhere.

So we have a macbook which only can be considered a luxury item because of how it looks.
The people who go for that, might not care about anything else than how it looks.
So I no, they might not care about how the ram is connected and how easy it is to service.

How does this even happen

Nothing you can't fix with a hammer. At least it doesn't chip and crack like when you drop a plastic laptop

>it's not a thinkpad
>guys it must be apple
>there are LITERALLY no other brands that produce laptops, only Apple and Lenovo exists

You stupid fucking autistic mongoloid childrens. Get out of this board

~aluminum~

How did you remove the coating?

powdercoat stripper (sodium perborate)

more like 'at least it bends unlike nothing at all happening to a plastic laptop because plastic is elastic'.

Sure thing

[this kills the macbook]

>powdercoat stripper

*dents

well you sure as hell don't want kids playing with that stuff. not without proper training.

replace chipped palmrest: $5
replace bent unibody: buy a new macbook

Yeah because you can't bend it back or anything

but you broke what was inside, iDiot

rip in urine

Nah

>you can't burn metal notebooks
>feels bad man

Looks pretty good and useful to me.

>ThinkPad repairs
>replace the part for cheap and get it back to its original state

>MacBook repairs
>HURR JUST BEND IT

And you will have a permanently weakened part of the aluminum and it will never have the same precision again

Face it, unibody was a mistake

>if they DO want it, the benefits justify the costs

What benefits? The benefit of NOT having an easy way of opening your laptop? The benefit of NOT having these lights?

Besides, MacBooks look horrible. Your pic is a good example. That thing looks bland, uninspired and blocky. The mouse looks as if it's made of cheap plastic. Why do they even design every single of their products as if it's meant for tasteless sheep-minded faggots?

how do you fix this?

>I don't the difference between aluminum and plastic

Remove lower half of body, remove battery, replace touchpad, stop being a lazy bitch, move on with life

buy a newer and better apple product

you forgot "get a heat gun because everything is glued together"

except it's the battery swelling

My HD plastic [part is fucke dup on both my T420s. The screws both came stripped and had to rip em off. one stays on alright by my main one is off. My only issue. dropped it twice. one time one of the springs when you close it got crooked. but a q tip fixed it

I didn't forget the heatgun I just didn't see the need to mention it. Do I need to mention to use a screwdriver on th screws? Dense fuck...

you didn't say it because it makes the replacement ten times as annoying compared to a real computer
and screwdrivers are everywhere, not heat guns

>DOA

LMAO APPLE

Is this at all true with the T420?

Latitude > poorpad
fite me
actually thinkpads are probably the worst of all business notebook

That was 1998 you mongoloid.

>You can polish it like aluminum
why?

Because that's a physical property of the metal.

Xps 13, you fucking retards, it's the current King of laptops in 2016

wrong.
get an x220 faggot or get the fuck off Sup Forums

What's wrong with the LED bar below the screen? I'd pay for this to be on my laptop.

>that giant bezel
>that perfect for up nose shots webcam

the nostalgia...

Maki doesn't use a thinkpad I bet.

>pic praises the PC user for avoiding consumerism while literally being a product of consumerism itself
I mean I hate Apple too, but holy shit you guys put way too much effort into showing how much you hate Apple.

Maki a shit

tbqh senpai they look pretty gud and Im gonna get one in a few years when theyre sub $300

Quit typing like a retard. They look like ass.