What is Sup Forumss opinion of Apple's MacBook?

What is Sup Forumss opinion of Apple's MacBook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU
youtube.com/watch?v=rQISocmOTyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait for the pro

Literal shit.

you already know.

I think it's an underpowered buy beautiful device.

Sup Forums's opinion means literally nothing

Apple is removing useful hardware features because they want you to pay for iCloud

The answer is always hebrews

are you saying that you don't understand what "literal" means, or that your judgment is really poor?

better then the thinkpad, that's for sure.

>only one port
Might as well grab an iPad Pro. At least you can draw on those things using the Pencil. At least it's cheaper, and productivity will be the same - less than any proper device, even those in the same price range and the same fucking line-up (Air, Pro).

>iPad

At least the laptops run an OS that's actually decent (after you employ linux wizard levels of OS tweaker skills, find all the hidden settings, and install all the shitty third party tools)

For now

> tablets

if you think iOS and OS X (or macOS or whatever) are interchangeable to the point that you could get an iPad Pro instead of a macbook, it can only be because you don't use the shell at all.

if that's the case, that's fine, and you're probably right. but i know one person who uses a macbook and just remotes into more serious computing clusters, and i can think of maybe 3 or 4 more people whose use cases could involve the same.

hell, i could probably make a macbook work since i'm remoting into other machines basically all the time, but when i settle in at home i actually consistently use both power and ethernet, and i really don't want to have that splitter thing on my desk. i can tolerate an adapter (e.g. thunderbolt to ethernet), but not something that's like a USB hub.

spend someone else's money on it

India.

It's easier to plug and unplug one port than 5 every time you come or leave home. Hubs are superior in every way.

I like Apple's desktop computers but I think the laptops are a literal scam

- i like dedicated ports
- adapters plugged into a hub are eyesores that even basement dwelling bst posters don't seem to like; i don't think it's unreasonable to say that i'd like to see apple meet us halfway and add a second port.

you can argue that hubs are superior in some ways, or some circumstances, and that's totally fine. i would even admit that i could live with this setup and i doubt it'd be the biggest problem in my life a year or two out. but don't act as though your opinion is like some categorical imperative.

Sup Forums was technology (ie not guro anymore) "as far back" as when apple announced the first MBA; the same shit applied then - "no optical drive" and "only one port" and "underpowered". and the second generation started to close those gaps and it stopped being a ridiculous option for someone who really wanted that lightness. we should fully expect that the rMB will be updated with the same sorts of changes to address the major pain points that made the first generation less compelling. i think that means adding another port or two, making the CPU a little better, and probably making the keyboard less divisive.

Very beautiful, premium feeling device. It is overpriced, has 1 usb port and nothing else, has an under powered processor that thermal throttles like crazy and has an under powered intel gpu that has problems even with scrolling and playing back video.

It seems kind of bonkers but the idea has been really pernicious for me. I just use my laptop to type and read, and all the computationally/memory intensive shit is handled off-site anyway (on various servers). I SSH into everything consequential.

Given that, the Retina Macbook is kind of the pared down version of what I guess I need in a laptop - it's a keyboard, and a mouse, and a nice screen, and that's about it.

Reviews seem to be really polarized when it comes to the keyboard, and I've only been able to give the keyboard a few minutes of trial at a time in stores, so I haven't had an opportunity to see if, like the group who claims this inevitably happens, I'll get used to it eventually. I worry I won't, and I'm not really ready to take a leap and suffer all these other shortcomings (dropping to 1 port, CPU throttling, general first generation growing pains) if there's a real risk I'll end up not especially liking the keyboard.

I can take that chance if the CPU gets better (I've heard the current one struggles a bit with everyday desktop rendering, so that needs to change), and/or if they can offer another port.

that's not maki

>Lion - Good
>Mountain Lion - Bretty Good
>Mavericks - meh its okay
>Yosemite - kinda shit
>El Shitto - ugh
>Sierra - fucking horse shit

God what the fuck happened to Apple?

>yosemite - kinda shit
100% shit
>el shitto - ugh
pretty good

you really know much about or never used them tbqhfwy

It's a netbook
It's a really nice netbook
but at the end of the day it's still a netbook

mavericks 8/10
yosemite 5/10
el cap 9/10

Saw one last week and made me jelly af

Needs a second usb-c or usb 3.0 and a lower resolution screen to increase battery life, also don't glue the battery in.

Looks nice but it's impractical. Underpowered and too thin. Why isn't Apple trying to build quality machines like they used to? That laptop really is trash.

>i've never used OSX but i love to put them in a mememememeing order

Snow Leopard - Elder God
Lion - Shit
Mountain Lion - "now with 33% more shit!"
Mavericks - Great
Yosemite - meh
El Capitan - good
Sierra - Beta tier

Oh god look at that keyboard, pressing a sheet of paper has more travel than that shit

youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU
yfw it is 1.1ghz model

I don't mind the RMBP in its price range, but the vanilla Macbook is plain retarded.
>Price/performance
>1port

Also
>Snow Leopard - GOAT
>Lion - smelly
>Mountain Lion - kinda difused shit smell

10.0-10.2 - Ahead of its time
10.3 - OK
10.4 - Good
10.5 - Good, but slightly different
10.6 - Somewhat better, somewhat worse
10.7 - Worse
10.8 - Better
10.9 - Even better
10.10 - 10.12 - rip apple

>0.8GHz processor
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like I'd need more to write a novel.

You get what you pay forĀ®

Form over function. All you really need to know.

Jobs would've killed himself if he saw this shit.

My friend got one of these and I cannot believe how good they look in real life. They're the most beautiful laptop I've ever seen. He got it in some dark color.

It looks great visually, but hardware specs are shit. When you go to the information page and see the breakdown, it looks like one of those raspberry pis in a full ATX case images. Thinkpads, HP Elitebook, or Macbook Pro only.

Fills a market gap

From reviews I've see (youtube.com/watch?v=rQISocmOTyg
)this new core M generation performs actually well. Is it a meme?

But Steve Jobs actually killed himself, by adopting a fruitarian diet.

And he was all for form over function.

I really like the idea of owning one. It looks really nice and feels nice. I don't know how it would be to actually use though. I guess I'd like the novelty of one, but for that price there is no way in hell I'm buying one just to mess around with it.

I already own a MBP though, so the Macbook is completely obsolete for me, and I have a desktop for intensive tasks.

No, it's not a meme, the new Core Ms are very impressive CPUs relatively to their TDP. They are still overpriced, but they are just fine for 99% of all tasks you might want to do on a device this small.

I think it's a really nice design. The 2016 model would probably be powerful enough for my uses, too.

However, the single(!!) USB-C port and 480p webcam are unacceptable in a laptop of this price bracket. My MacBook Pro 13 has more ports and a better webcam for not much more at all.

literally worst computer ever made

The single port is the entire point of it, so more of a plus for their target audience. You're right about the webcam but on the other hand, it's functional enough. They probably went with it because of the bezel not allowing any depth for a better one.

Even the 2015 one performed pretty well if you consider the crazy low TDP.

Sierra is pretty much the same as El Capitan either way.

>Price/performance
Some $500 brick offers you a much better performance, does it mean that it's better? Or maybe there are like ... I don't know ... different needs and shit?

>The single port is the entire point of it, so more of a plus for their target audience.

Sup Forums is salty, which means it's a good product that people like to use.

b-but Komari is best girl

It'd be perfect if it had a dock and a non-shit keyboard

Stay salty poorfag.

>Sup Forums is salty, which means it's a good product that people like to use.
pretty much

Stay salty samefag.

Samefag.