Windowfags will never get such beautiful mail client

>Windowfags will never get such beautiful mail client

>Actually caring
Sparky, is that you?

>Sparky
who?

le bump

very nice but win has his things ...i use both mostly linux cuz why not so why the hate.....

That looks like crap though.

but i don't need a mail client
and even if i did get one i can just rice it to my liking.

>said tripfag
kill yourself

>kde
hahaha fucking hell that looks awful

>what is gmail

>what is Microsoft Outlook

no he's right that looks like shit and you should off yourself too with the tripfag

Gmail, noun:
1. A non-free proprietary mail client that spies on your e-mails to improve the psychological profile a corporation has on you.
2. A proprietary e-mail service that claims to support standard protocols like IMAP but in reality you have to sign into their proprietary web client from time to time to not be blocked.

take your nigger language and fuck off OP

dunno user, it works well for me. im not a paranoid murican faggot.

Гoпник/10

>You do this to do anything.

Why does the alignment of UI elements always look so awkward in linux? I can't pinpoint it exactly but they always give me a feel similar to webpage rendered with a bad engine.

Are you the russian dude working at booking.com in Amsterdam?

It's mostly KDE applications that look awkward like that in my opinion.
A pity because Qt is the superior GUI toolkit technically

serious answer:
because on Windows UI design is at worst non-existing and at best uncoordinated. There is no overall vision, just tacked-on elements. I believe the meetings go something like this:

[MS Office division meeting]

(Nadella) .. and we are introducing two new products in the summer, OneNote and SharePoint. I want you to add buttons like "add to OneNote" and "connect to SharePoint" everywhere.
(Team) What do you mean, everywhere? Like, in a context-sensitive place in the Ribbon?
(Nadella) No, E V E R Y W H E R E. Add it to the context menu, add it to the standard Ribbon view, add it to the print dialogue, add it to the start menu and the desktop menu and the login screen!
(Team) We don't care enough to argue about this. Consider it done

meanwhile on Linux there is actually some logic and structure to UI (especially on KDE and Gnome), so that seems strange to Windows users. They don't expect things to be standardized.

>using an email service that works with email clients
[email protected]
enjoy your botnet

KDE Breeze Dark never fails to make me cringe in disgust.

What's the support for caldav and carddav?

>butthurt linuxfag
What if I'm using os x?

>inb4 fag
Not an argument

>mail client

Is it 2003?

>not using Kontact for that full suite feel
Too bad the whole fucking thing is under-maintained as hell. KDE needs more contributors.

I use mail on browser.

If you're using OSX (oh sorry, Mac OS) then congratulations, you have at least some resemblance of structure in your UI.

pic related is what Outlook 2016 looks like. Compare that to Kmail in the OP with 7 items on the toolbar. Outlook has 28 items. Why the hell does the standard view of a mail program need options for "assign policy", "rules" or "store"?
It's a mess brought upon the program by lots of MS projects that all want a place in the sun. Sensible UI design would hide all that crap. It looks disgusting

KDE apps used to be able to run on Windows too. Is it still like that?

If only people stopped caring about gnome. Tirants don't deserve any support and their obsolete toolkit should fade into irrelevance.

That's better than the one in the OP.

>Why the hell does the standard view of a mail program need options for "assign policy", "rules" or "store"?
I don't know, maybe it's something to do with exchange? Also the number of elements has nothing to do with their alignment. Freetards simply can't into UI. It's time to face the facts.

There was some KDE4 installer that would install parts of the kde framework together with a part of the typical KDE application suite.
The idea is that KDE framework 5 is going to be much more crossplatform compatible. Once KDE's application suite has been properly updated to Qt5 and the new framework, things should be much easier to port to windows. The guys behind the KDevelop IDE have also been mentioning that KDevelop 5 will have a windows release.

>complains about Window$ but uses Outlooks mail service
Shame on you

really, that's better? Personally I prefer my programs to not assume I'm an idiot. Why are there labels under the icons, when it's pretty obvious that "new Email" and "new items" create something "new"? Or the label "apps" under the "store" icon. Is that necessary or just clutter? Does it have something to do with Exchange, too?
Speaking of which, did you know that Kmail supports Exchange as well? Only that it doesn't abuse it's toolbar as an advertising space for that.
Also, why are there "reply", "reply all" and "forward" buttons both on the Ribbon and on the mail itself?

I say alignment feels off and you go "hurr durr clutter". Those two are completely different things. I think I've had enough of your """argument""" now.

Not having an offline backup?
Not having offline access?
Not being paranoid?

>>/reddit/

but the clutter is directly related to that feeling of misalignment you get from Kmail. Because many Windows programs, including Outlook, don't even worry about alignment anymore.
Just compare that part from "New Email" to "Delete" on the Ribbon. Notice how "new email" and "new items" are the only two elements that have at least a bit of aligment between them (even though the icons are not the same height)?
That triple trouble useless icon set of "ignore", "clean up" and "junk" is not only unnecessary there but also destroys the unity of those big icons. Also "junk" doesn't share it's horizontal line with any-fucking-thing on the whole ribbon.
Then there is a potential return to sanity with "delete", only that the word is too short to take up two lines of text, so it's also misaligned with everything that was there previously.

Those are clear signs of bad UI design, and I'm showing you that this is the reason you get a strange feeling from that Kmail screenshot. It's too perfect for you to understand intuitively.

>but the clutter is directly related to that feeling of misalignment you get from Kmail
Says you asshat. None of the applications I use have as many UI elements as your example. Keep telling yourself it must be because of that though.

It's a shame there's no linux DE that is both good looking AND functional. They're all disgusting or made for touch screen babbies.

I'd honestly be interested in your opinion on the different DEs because I don't have much experience between them.
>touch screen babbies
means Gnome? That's criticism I've heard before.
>functional and good looking
how about KDE or Xfce? Aren't they?

Kanker op flikker

I don't care how it looks i read my mail and fuck right off again

>Kwhatever
>beautiful
-1/10

What distro is this?

>w-who?

>>Windowfags
So you're a fullscreenfag?

>Windowfags
You mean wincuckolds

not really easy to tell from the screenshot, but the DE should be KDE Plasma. Version 5.6 is usable, anything below that not so much. So just try a distro with Plasma 5.6 or greater, like Fedora 24, KDE Neon, Kubuntu, Opensuse Tumbleweed, Debian Testing or others

isnt kde crossplatform

>lincucks will never get such beautiful mail client

What's the problem?

Do you need everything to be a bunch of fucking icons or something. Can't you read?

>what is editing the userchrome.css for Thunderbird
>implying anyone trusts it
Feelsbadman

not to mention that it's actually possible to switch between "text", "text with icons" and "icons only" for the toolbar and still keep the correct alignment.

You must be over 18 to browse Sup Forums.

People still use email?

/jk

I have gmail for the purposes of signing up to shit, and thats really it. I built the email server for work so i know thats okay, but it never gets more than quotations for customers or for parts.

Really aside from a spam-dump and work purposes what is email used for these days?

Do you get one email a day?

Not that guy but he's right, it certainly does "feel off" and it is very hard to figure out why. I'm going to say it's something about the icon design that gives the impression that they're not aligned when they really are. You partially get the same feeling from with the delete icon and the follow up icon but it's less pronounced.

Your antagonistic writing style is probably not helping discourse user, you may want to adjust your method of getting your point across.

>Your antagonistic writing style is probably not helping discourse user, you may want to adjust your method of getting your point across.
noted, thanks.

>aside from work purposes
yeah excluding the places it's used the most, it's hardly used at all, funny about that.

KDE will never be good

Because there is no alignment. They don't give a FUCK about design, so they just throw shit wherever. Who cares if boxes don't align, icons are different sizes, fonts are different, etc. As long as it actually works (rare) they use it.

Meanwhile on other platforms, when something isn't aligned, there are a million different people reporting that shit. Same on android even. But for some reason desktop linux always gets fucked.

>login and structure
>on KDE
Enjoy browsing infinity amount of menus and control panels.

>outlook

Oh boy

Enjoy your shit unstable plasma 5, cuck!