idiots

Other urls found in this thread:

haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack
mpc-hc.org/
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228
github.com/Cyberbeing/xy-VSFilter/releases
github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just use VLC regardless of what anyone says because I have yet to find a codec it doesn't support and it's on every OS I've tried.

Wtf is MPC, you dumb shitstain

media player classic
a highly shilled albeit garbage program

Should have gotten MPC-HC.

Also, I fail to see the problem in your pic. What is the matter?

>tfw Trisquel
>tfw Can't update VLC to watch Japanese cartoons encoded in HEVC
>tfw Don't get cucked by non-free devs.

>mpc
>vlc
>TWENTY FUCKING SIXTEEN
Literally stop being a shitter.

I think that his problem is something about 31:01/29:22

Probably something to do with the 23fps rate as well. My bet is that the frame rate is variable and the Length property is a calculation of frames from average frame rate while the actual position/length time comes from the decoder taking into account the variable frame rate.

Anime is made at 23 fps you idiot. Especially movies.

No, anime is made at 24fps.

the file is probably just corrupt

You got that one codec pack, right?

>23fps rate as well
23.976fps is standard and if the windows file properties has rounded that down to 23 not up to 24 then a 29:22 video (42246 ish frames) would be miss reported as 31:01 long. MPC is right, the codec that is reporting the frame rate to windows file manager is at fault for concating at the full stop not rounding.

VLC properly reports the length at 31 minutes, nice try. MPC is shit.
Yes, it's MPC-HC.

Trusting VLCrap 31:01 is clearly wrong as nothing uses 23fps ever. Try another Media player, it will also report the correct length as 29:22

>watching anime while not using Kawaii Codec Pack

Is anything actually 24Hz, or is it always divided by 1.001? Even movies shown in the cinema?

>using the windows properties viewer

>VLC properly reports the length at 31 minutes
That's incorrect though. The directors cut episode is 5 minutes 13 seconds longer than the original and episodes are close to 24 minutes, not 26 minutes.

Basically you downloaded a shit encode.

Another pic with some other video
Check what it says in the File>Properties

>Kawaii Codec Pack
>using outdated shit
You are better off downloading the latest MPC-HC nightly, the latest madVR and the latest XySubFilter.

MPC-HC + MadVR + XYsubs masterace here.

VLC is shit. It can't even get it's fucking black levels right and is so limited in features it's barely worth contemplating for an anime and movie buff.

That's correct you dingus. Windows rounds it to 23. MPC-HC shows the correct FPS of 23.976FPS which is the movie to TV standard.

Yeah, that was my point. Waiting for OP to come and admit he was mistaken for trusting windows.

>trusting winblows details tab for anything

Black levels is actually a fault of the default output renderer on Windows. I think it uses something something 7 or something something 9 which will have the same problem if you use it in MPC-HC. The problem is that it is the default renderer for some shitty reason when there are better options available to it.

But it still can't use EVR or madVR so it's shit.

Ok, assume you have your vlc and you have your mpc-hc, both fully pimped out to include everything they need to be at the top of their game (i.e. madvr, splitters and filters, etc.)

Is there a single person who would unironically pick VLC? Why the hell is it still around? For fucks sake, there are and have been preconfigured click-to-download packages for MPC-HC that include everything you need for the best playback and people STILL choose VLC. WHY? WHAT AM I MISSING?

Idiots who have been spoonfed WMP.

I don't think anything is even a full version newer, and KCP just werks.

Someone who has never gone thru the eternal "building font cache"

Google video player

Top result is VLC. Basically they are good at rigging Google searches.

OMFG this.

>Why the hell is it still around?
It is marketed at the lazy and tech illiterate and has been pushed that way for so long that it keeps its success by word of mouth from those said people.

It took me ages to wean my brother off VLC. He swore by it too until I showed him how shit it was.

Nowadays it's all 23.976 due to the use of 50hz electrical power across north America. the full 24 fps used to be used in 60hz countries as it shares factors, this resulted in TV shows an films being show at 25fps in the US and having a comparatively shorter runtime (an hour long show would be 57:36) and that was causing confusion. 23.976 became a compromise between the two standards where the timing is only slightly out on each +-0.2%.

It hasn't been officially updated in so long that someone had to come and make an unofficial version. Even that is out of date as madVR is now on 0.90.21.
For the average user that clicks and just downloads what is on the first page then you will be out of date by by about a year+.

haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack
>MPC-HC 1.7.9
>madVR v0.88.16
>LAVFilters-0.65
>XySubFilter 3.1.0.705 Beta 2

mpc-hc.org/
>1.7.10

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228
>madVR v0.90.21

github.com/Cyberbeing/xy-VSFilter/releases
>XySubFilter 3.1.0.746 BETA3

You're just proving my point.

I forgot the LAV filters

github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
>0.68.1

How? I just showed how out of date some of that shit is.

Second part was for

>How? I just showed how out of date some of that shit is.

Because none of it is 1.0.0 or more behind.

I hope you are trolling in saying that you need a full 1.0.0 increase for it to be significant. Especially since version increments can be pretty arbitrary.

>a blatant troll calling me a troll

>not using mvp
lol

I used VLC on my phone. It's decent considering the alternatives.

>2016
>still using MPC
>still using VLC
Lord, its like visting my grandparents up in here.

>not using mpc+madvr+svp
its like your a normie scum

everything about that disgusts me

>download packaged codecs for MPC
>get adware
t-t-thanks Sup Forums

>install

Last I checked MPC-BE was fucking terrible port of MPC-HC that only introduced bugs and a shitty dark UI.

Why would you ever listen to anything Sup Forums says. They use shit they constantly have to fuck around with,

True.
portable (.7z) > installed (.exe)

just zip up your exes, best of both worlds

Not sure what program you are talking about, but MPC-HC handles hardware video acceleration with madVR way better than anything else I tried.

True.

portable (.7z or .zip) > installer (.exe)

> I fail to see the problem in your pic

Clearly it's the anime.

>due to the use of 50hz electrical power across north America
u wot m8?

Where the fuck did you download them

>VLC
>MPC
ewww

>Not sure what program you are talking about
MPC-BE you jackass.

>vlc
>mpc
mpv master race

I was going to say you have to be over the age of 18 to view this site but then I realized that even 18 year olds don't know about CRT technology anymore.

>actual useful information
>on muh Sup Forums
this is strange

>tfw Trisquel

opinion discarded

Don't worry; it's almost completely wrong.

the internet :3

People havent been shown avisynth which is fucking amazing. Plus vlc has the whole "just werks" crowd conglomeration because people actually believe mpc-hc doesn't work out of the box. The benefit is that you can actually use shit like madvr, ffdshow, hardware acceleration, avisynth, etc. It doesnt actually need it, but God damn you'll never settle for less once you have it.

Sad thing is I know someone who's an audiophile and at least was using fucking vlc. Seriously, who wastes money on expensive audio equipment, but then can't be bothered to watch their videos with superior free software?

Glad you agree

Well I'll admit it has been a long time since I stuck a frequency counter in an AC socket but the last time I did it I read 60Hz not 50. I'm pretty sure the US was in North America at the time.

Is this the REAL NIGGA HOURS?

WHO TF UP? SMASH DAT MF LIKE BUTTON

You do realize OP that the details tab in Windows is often wrong because the data in there is generated using Windows Media Player right? The codecs in it are not exactly up to date.

chances are what you're seeing for play time in MPC (Or VLC for that matter) is the REAL play time.

Don't use the details tab in Windows 7 or 8 for videos.

cant you add an mpv ppa and install new mpv and play the file without posting memes? or new VLC, i dont care

lol at the autists that think having to waste time in the command line makes somthing better. These are the same manchildren that think they are hackers, lol,

if anyone has problems with crimson drivers and mpc hc. I recommend downloading the madvr latest version. it fixed my problems.