Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums,

just copped pic related (T520) for free. just did a fresh install of windows 7 on it and was curious as to what Sup Forums installs on all personal computers by default. all I have on here currently is all the thinkpad software, ccleaner, speccy, waterfox, spotify and am in the process of putting photoshop on atm.

tl;dr what programs does Sup Forums auto-install on new personal PC's?

>install gentoo

>Linux
>Get out

unfortunately i am a faggot and prefer ease of use and .exe files

cleaner and defraggler, mbam and sas, Quod Libet music player (a lot like Rhythmbox for windows) and gimp, firefox with Vimperator, usually autohotkey and gvim. Oh and a separate partition with Manjaro for actually getting shit done

>copped

Give it back Jamal.

>cleaner and defraggler

They do the job. I know Piriform is probably botnet, but when I'm on Windows I just assume I'm being watched anyway... if I need privacy I use my linux partition

>install gentoo

A Thinkpad is fucking worthless without a GNU/Linux install desu senpai.

>gimp when photoshop is an option

>easy of .exe files
>not having a package manager
Are windows users actually this deluded!?

no i'm just entirely ignorant and have no idea how linux works/don't care to learn really because i haven't seen the benefits of using something other than the industry standard. i'm not particularly against the idea, just don't feel like wasting my time if im not going to stick with it.

what does linux/GNU take advantage of within the thinkpad form factor that windows doesn't? not shilling, i genuinely have no idea and am curious.

>i'm not particularly against it
Still takes time to shit post about it
>I've never used it
>i don't like wasting my time

Kill your self

shitposting how?

i got you familly, i recommend you to install:

chrome
utorrent
google drive
steam
shareaza
VLC
Acestream

Cheeky cunt

Nothing. Sup Forumstards just have a huge boner for Linux on Thinkpads, presumably because most of the autists here are poor and don't understand why one might want to use a different tool than one that can be legally obtained for free.
In reality it's a simple question of using the right tool for what you need to do. Does Windows make your life easier or does it have specific software that you need ? Cool, use Windows. On the other hand, if Linux helps you get your shit done, use Linux.

Posted from my Thinkpad T520 running Fedora 24

dumb frogposter

just botnet me senpai

yeah that's the only reason i haven't bothered trying yet is because i don't see a need for switching when i'm so accustomed to windows. i really wouldn't mind trying linux out on a serious machine (i have a distro on an eeepc right now, easypeasy?) but i'm just worried about compatibility issues on commonly used programs. does linux actually take advantage of your hardware more notably than windows does? i would try it but i have no idea where to start.

>Personal personal computer

>VLC or MPC-HC
>Image Glass
>Sumatra PDF
>Ccleaner
>Qbittorrent
>Classic shell
>7zip
>Daemon tools
>mbam
>Firefox dev edition (for unsigned addons)
>Photoshop if you know how to use it
>Microsoft office suite

That's everything that comes immediately to mind.

>does linux actually take advantage of your hardware more notably than windows does?
Generally speaking, not really, no. Linux distros are usually more lightweight than Windows, but this is more a matter of simply not utilizing your hardware than taking better advantage of it.
Most of the time (with exceptions leaning both ways, mind), the same workloads will perform roughly the same regardless of whether they're on Windows or Linux.
That being said, you CAN optimize the shit out of Linux and make it actually take better advantage of your hardware by compiling everything yourself specifically to suit your needs on your system. It's possible, but whether it's worth your time is a different matter.
There are distros made for this purpose, most notably Gentoo, and Linux From Scratch if you want to take it even further.

If you want to try Linux, I recommend you go with Fedora. More specifically, Fedora's netinstall as it lets you pick and choose what software you want during the install, while grabbing the latest versions of everything straight from their repositories. From there, use it for the usual computer things. Figure out the package manager, get shit done, watch a movie, shitpost on a vietnamese knitting board, listen to music, rice your desktop, get annoyed that Photoshop doesn't work all too well in WINE and either figure out how to get a VM going or hop back to Windows. Whatever.

>Daemon tools
Why do people still use that cancerous piece of shit? Just get WinCDEmu.

Hey guys. I'm a dumbass. My Nvidia graphics card has bombed i think so i've switched to my AsRock H81-M Motherboards video output. Someone told me I can burn out the motherboard if I push it. Can I use it for just flash and internet. Basic business shit without worry?
Thanks for your time

you can use it fine for anything/games, by "pushing it" he probably meant overclocking it. and the worst that could happen is you crash, then revert the overclock.

oh alright thanks a bunch. Overclock is when I play with some bios settings or something to increase performance right? So as long as I don't change any setting or whatever I don't have to worry?

ITS GONNA TO EXPLODE DUDE DONT DO IT

Debian with KDE is pretty easy to relate to. It's Windows 7 with some quirky shit, but so far so good.

>windows

sudo apt-get install windows-10