Newfag here. I've recently been enlightened by Sup Forums and have decided to switch from VLC to another media player

Newfag here. I've recently been enlightened by Sup Forums and have decided to switch from VLC to another media player.

What player should I switch to? I downloaded mpv but what are the config settings that I need to use? Is there a guide somewhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/stable/#configuration-files
pastebin.com/6YXFYhgK
youtube.com/watch?v=IHhUcabwkuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For real ? Why not just Google it ?
mpv.io/manual/stable/#configuration-files

...sigh I should've looked harder I guess.

Is it worth going through the hassle of using configuration files? Or should I just use mpv as is?

why not just use mp-hc? it's flawless.

You realize it didn't have a ui right?

I might consider it, honestly I'm just looking to get away from VLC.
When I opened it, it opened a window with a GUI telling me to drag and drop a video file. Now that you mention it however, I did open cmd and noticed it had options when I ran it through there.

Just find a config from Sup Forums, put it in your portable_config folder, and reference it with the man page

MOUSE_BTN0 cycle pause # toggle pause on/off
MOUSE_BTN0_DBL ignore # don't do anything
MOUSE_BTN1 cycle fullscreen
MOUSE_BTN2 cycle fullscreen # toggle fullscreen on/off
MOUSE_BTN3 add volume 2
MOUSE_BTN4 add volume -2
MOUSE_BTN5 seek -5
MOUSE_BTN6 seek 5

Alt+Enter cycle fullscreen
ESC cycle fullscreen

- add panscan -0.1 # zoom out
= add panscan +0.1 # zoom in

. add audio-delay 0.100 # this changes audio/video sync
, add audio-delay -0.100

thats your input.conf

But what is wrong with VLC?

its a command line tool, but I use it just fine in windows by having it associated with the right filetypes

pastebin.com/6YXFYhgK

youtube.com/watch?v=IHhUcabwkuw

If you don't want to deal with configuration, mpc-hc is fast, simple, light, and amazing, absolutely much better than VLC.
>inb4 shill

Thanks user, I think I'll try this out rather than mpv. Atm with life I don't really have the time to work out the configuration settings.

Thanks user!

Btw do you have any alternative for foobar? I want something that is lightweight, no bloatware, has visualizer, plays mp3 on my Windows laptop. I don't want other bullshit features.

>lightweight
Really foobar is your only option, you could try putting a skin on it though

OP here. I'm using MusicBee which is pretty sweet. Has everything that you listed.

Worst player ever made:it will inject code in your windows system files and you will get increased traffic from svchost after using it.
Not optimized for hardware acceleration, it's just a mess.

Thanks user.

>using a software made by hackers that stutters when you play a full BD

stupid question, but does MPV have a menu of any sort? or is it purely config files?

1 OSD
2 Keyboard / Mouse shortcuts
3 Configs

does this thing work with popcorn time CE?

See /thread