What is the best media player? I currently have pic related, but I want something better

What is the best media player? I currently have pic related, but I want something better.

I like iTunes.

VLC is actually pretty good now for your phillypeeno cartoons

vlc is great, I swear by it

maybe you might like mpv

How the fuck do you get the vlsub extension on this bitch? I did everything necessary with the master.zip by the book and I still can't access the menu on my player.

Mpc-hc

mpv
"It just fucking works." - Todd "Steve Jobs is my idol" Howard

Literally why

Does this play bluray movies well? It's said it's "lightweight"?

empeevee

/thread

BS player is the master race.
all those VLC cunts have no idea about how a media player should work.

lightest you can ever use

Why not?

Shaun potplayer

>BS player is the master race.

>Shaun potplayer

Both are proprietary freeware.

What's your OS? Regardless, drop all proprietary programs as they're shit. I'll go with the assumption you're on Windows, but some of these also are available on Linux too.

First of all VLC is actually a great player . Better than most. You can rice it up with external engines if you wish but its great right out of the box for just about anything.

Another option is to use MPC-HC , media player classic home cinema. It's best with lots of external mods and whatnot. MadVR, XYSubFilter LAV filters etc...can all improve your experience. The easiest ways to start with these installed and configured is to use one of the few decent codec packs, like CCCP Project or (pref) Kawaii Codec Pack. The latter comes with much of what I listed above and preconfigure , but each component can then be manually updated without messing with the config, since the packs themselves are sometimes out of date

Alternately, look into MPV. It may take some configuration itself and command line stuff for advanced features, but it's powerful and useful.

vlc 3.0

MPC-HC + MadVR + XYSubs for HD subtitles = God tier.

Only serious weeaboo's need apply.

Potplayer, is there a legitimate reason not to use it?

VLC the best, desu.

Are foobar and musicbee just meme music players?

Been using mpv media player because "it just works".
Vlc is decent but I had framerate/codec issues on it.
Totem works nicely but fails to display multiple subtitles on screen at once.

Pretty much the same. mpv just werks.

>iTunes
Get out

>something better
No such thing exists. VLC is the best imo.

Bomi.

vlc if you use network streams, it'll likely play any file you throw at it so it makes a good backup player but will occasionally have video artefacts, a well documented phenomenon, pic related for a severe example

mpc-hc on windows if you want something that just werks with a little more functionality than mpv

mpv if you just want to watch a file or a playlist of files

>use this shit meme tier animu carp player
>if it doesn't work, and it won't use this less shit player
>eventually, if all the above fails, and they will, use the best player