GTK Themes

What are Sup Forums's favorite GTK themes? Pic related, I really like Ceti 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S55222998#p55226214
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Arc

NUMIX
U
M
I
X

>1360x768
>1366x768

inb4 this becomes a desktop thread

Linux users spend hours on ricing and it still doesn't look as good as OS X out of the box, why even bother?

OSX looks like gay pride festival shat rainbows all over it. Fuck off pajeet. Also kill yourself by drinking pesticides in the middle of your failing cotton field because you can't compete with big companies.

It's the best. Also Arc Icon Theme + Numix Circle looks amazing.

OS X is gay shit. Stay away from me with that shit. Also
> using proprietary gay shit OS

I've been away from Sup Forums for a couple months. What happened to them? Did we finally get rid of them?

Yeah, they're on /w/ now

gtk themeing died with those +vertex. Everything after those were just cheap chink rippoffs that looked like shit. I guess we can thank constant api breakage for that.

Hi.

This.

Paper honestly, family.

Zukitre

What plugin do you use to allow the app bar to be persistent?

Finder?

Paper

adwaita

>Deltron3030
My nigga.

>still doesn't look as good as OS X
You're right, it looks better.

Dash to lock

Are you reading OS X anywhere? I don't think so.

retard

Finder
Browser
Finder
Browser
Finder
Browser
Finder
Browser
Finder
Browser
Finder
Browser

I'm sorry, I don't know what did lead to you to think it's os x. It's doesn't look like it, to me.

I prefer Arc, but Flat-Plat is also worthy.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S55222998#p55226214

Do you see why this faggot won't show his file manager or browser?

I'm sorry, the one you quoted is clearly not mine, and it's also very different.

you might be a retard but no one else here is that stupid

>installed GNOME3
>searched for dark theme
>GTK2 apps looks like shit with most themes
>GTK3 apps look like smartphone cancer for no apparent reason
>Gnome functions are broken or missing and have to be replaced by half-working outdated extensions

>uninstalled gnome3

why do some GTK themes waste so much space?

If you can't stand the proofs, there's nothing I can do about it.

It's default gtk3 elements behavior, not just theme.

Whats the best place to find themes? Google always gives me shit that looks 90s tier or Lifehacker articles

Deviantart and github.

Some modified version of Zukitre with less bright highlight colors.

You don't have many to choose from. There are only a handful of themes which keep up with the GTK releases.

>numix
>adwaita
>arc
>zuki-themes
>this eyesore
>greybird SOON(tm)

Everything else was either created in 2012 and abandoned or some abomination that is lacking in many aspects.

Numix, though it matters little as I'm using a tiling WM and most of open windows are urxvt instances.

Unactive windows looks like shit.
Is it an attempt to push 2000-styled Redmond colorscheme inside modern environpment?

What is gtk?

Paper is still in active development. Last commit 2 days ago.

Most likely not. Zukitre is just an updated Zukitwo, with no round elements and what appears to be a thin outline/shadow for buttons, etc.
I just like it for its greyish color. I can't stand Arc, Numix and to some extent Adwaita for being too contrasty with the black/pure white combo. It makes my eyes hurt. The only other theme which I also find acceptable is Greybird, but it isn't compatible with 3.20 yet.

But this looks pretty delicious?

It's quite telling that gtk themes need to be in constant "development" to be even usable at all.

green is thy kukumber

Some hand-edited version of flatstudio i think.

>how dare they fix and improve things?!
>how dare they let their users know that the CSS theming wasn't stable for GTK3 until 3.20?!

It's not telling. At no point does GTK get broken or the programs using it. The default Adwaita theme always works. At least people are creating GTK themes. I haven't seen any Qt styles recently and I don't even know if you need something extra for all the KDE programs. I'd say that's a bigger issue.

I just tested it and it seems that the GTK3 version is heavily based on Adwaita. Based as in: it's just Adwaita with a few color tweaks and a lot of ugly glitches (pop ups when you hover over things, etc). I don't think it's finished yet.

What gnome shell theme is that? Zukitre as well?

adwaita

because they actually updated the gtk2 version after many years.

it's the only one that works

There's also Breeze-GTK which I forgot.

>how dare they let their users know that the CSS theming wasn't stable for GTK3 until 3.20?!
They didn't mention it would take six years until we get a "stable" api.

>The default Adwaita theme always works

Who cares about the default adwaita theme? Nobody can just create a theme for gtk3 apps and be done with it. You have to offer a free plublic service and update that thing every six months to the newest version. I don't believe even a second that they will abide by their stable promise.

>I haven't seen any Qt styles recently and I don't even know if you need something extra for all the KDE programs
Qt can just use gtk2 themes or you can use all the other engines that let you modify the style you want. It also optionally suipports qss.

Why is GTK3 such a clusterfuck? Mate is GTK3 now and I hate it.

>You can rice OS X
How do I get that minimal ass looking music player?

you can't
it's just iterm2 and ncmpcpp

>they
it's really just one person

No ricing at all on OS X?
So much for a Hackintosh.

>They didn't mention it would take six years until we get a "stable" api.
>You have to offer a free plublic service and update that thing every six months to the newest version
You sound entitled.

>Qt can just use gtk2 themes
QtGTKStyle has been dropped from Qt5.7 and moved to a separate repository since no one is maintaining it anymore. I am using it, but it's not 100% perfect and has some cosmetic issues.

>you can use all the other engines that let you modify the style you want. It also optionally suipports qss.
There aren't that many to choose from. I could quote you and say "no one cares about the default Qt theme".

You're an idiot who couldn't even tell two programs apart; one using GTK2 and one GTK3. If the theme is consistent, you shouldn't be able to see any differences.
Chances are you're one of the people who think that every GTK program has to have those headerbars GNOME programs use.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Please continue alone since I'm now busy fapping to chinese cartoons in featurerich Qt applications.

>You're an idiot
Probably. But how is a theme supposed to deal with pic related?

>huge titlebar in calc
>calc has a huge drop shadow even though I turned off mate's built in compositor

etc

>best themes
>ones that represent material design/metro design/ios design
very epic my freetard friends

>>huge titlebar in calc
That's the headerbar element. Use a different calculator program written in GTK which doesn't use headerbars. I use galculator.

>calc has a huge drop shadow even though I turned off mate's built in compositor
I'm pretty sure that's not Calc related and there's no way for a GTK program to "drop its own" shadow.

yep

What is this application called? Is it just to test themes?

numix is the best except I changed the accent color to the blue from adwaita instead of the default hot pink

numix sucks lol also desktop threads iike this one are illegal so please peacefully disperse

anime.png

> copying good things is bad
Fuck off.

gtk3-widget-factory

Arc with paper icons

>!>!>

>all these flat themes
bunch of fucking faggots

This

> 2016
> considering anything but flat/flatty at all
I wish you to get taste.

>minimal vs bloat
choose fagget

Flat is cancer
>muh minimalism

>He fell for the disgusting shiny gradient meme
Kill yourself

You first, flat cancer.

wtf i hate flat themes now

>wanting a stable API is entitled
that's probably the dumbest thing I've heard all week

here tis is kmy gtk theme

that album art makes me think of that one guy from one piece

>when it's been 5 minutes and you haven't posted one of your reddit tier memes

lol the ones u chose to quote really highlights ur garbage

Nah. OS X looks generic as fuck. Their hardware looks nice, but the actual UI is just too stock and too locked down to actually customize.

flat is comfy

You can do literally the same on windows 7/8/10 by installong 2 programs and changing the theme

Linux fags so proud of that shit?

@55485235
do it then, or are you just a bag of chips

I use neiios theme on both of my win 7 pc and win 10 laptop with a custom win orb and custom icons on my win 7.

very impressive

Nah, the loli threads masquerading as desktop threads are the illegal ones.