So the Dallas shooter was 'expired' by a bomb armed robot. Is this technology the future of policing?

So the Dallas shooter was 'expired' by a bomb armed robot. Is this technology the future of policing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntWZHx1iL3A
youtube.com/watch?v=Xbxjp_XMtfE
youtu.be/UPIxHddkNgc?t=20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

soon

#robotlivesmatter

They could tranq, drones could spot and deploy from an automated van. The the police will come in a van and UPS you to jail.

It's the future.

This is the future you asked for, America.

I just want to stay I'm really not okay with this.

Don't make my erection harder.

This shit should be live streamed!

word

>Is this technology the future of policing?

Of course it is.

Have you not seen Robocop, Chappie or any movie about the dystopian near future?

There was a package with a supposed bomb before they sent the robot in, my guess is the robot failed to disable it, blowing it up and killing the suspect as well. Not really a robot too, more like an RC thingy

I wonder if they could have sent one of those longe range quad copter with a gopro attached to it. Shit would have been noice to stream.

I hope so

You people are fucking psychopaths.

I've read that he requested a cellphone and the put explosives in the phone and the robot was sent in with the phone in it's 'hand' and then they blew him up when the robot got to him.

I know a strange package with a supposed bomb was called in before that, but it doesn't matter, fucked deserved it anyway

No, the shooter made threats about having bombs planted all over the building and in the city with a deadman's switch. They sent in a $8000 scout police robot strapped with explosives to kill the shooter instantly and destroy the detonator plus any nearby explosives.

>not masturbating to dead terrorist niggers.

Is that even how dead man switches work? Blowing up the guy seems like it would likely trigger the switch.

Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen.
Shouldn't have to say it all again.
The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been.

Here in the Netherlands they would have send in the military. They do stuff like stopping people with heavy weapons, bank robberies and dangerous hostage situations.

A while ago the police did a raid on a place where terrorists lived and they fell for a boobytrap grenade. The police is not fit for that purpose.

National Guard was sent, but it was too risky with the bomb threats, robot was sent instead

Depends on the setup, there's quite a few variations.

I for one think dead niggers are funny as hell. Actually, dead anyone is funny as hell.

Psychofat

That's what happened in Farenheit 451.

There is absolutely nothing psychotic about finding humor in death. Robots will beat the mass shooting high school for sure.

>Hook a bomb on a RC Car toy
>Killer robot

*high score

The general public consensus seems to be that the police were justified in using the death bot. Does this open the door to development of more sophisticated machines for fighting crime?

I don't think it was a toy. It was some $8000 dollar jobby. But you're right technically it's was nothing more than an RC vehicle in this usage.

The T-800 terminator is happening m8.

They blew up the guy to destroy the dead man switch mechanism entirely. These switches often rely on sending a signal to detonate instead of detonating when a signal is lost. This is because having a constantly broadcasted signal is noisy, attracting attention, and is more likely to cause a premature detonation, which would alert target and potentially destroy other ordinance before planting. Potentially, the signal could be duplicated, rendering the whole system moot. This makes having a broadcast to trigger explosives the only way. So if you fully destroy the switch mechanism, no signal could be sent, stoping bomb trigger.

No, I've played enough vidya to know that even if you don't have any on you, there'll always be some emp grenade/mines laying around the area where you find security robots or turrets. Always!

FINALLY..what took em so long man.

If only some enterprising kid took it upon himself to figure how to hack the control signal they use and YOU coulda been the one to blow the fucker up...or?...imagine, you take command of a police robot when it has been deployed.

I wonder if it would feel worse to be shot in your cock when it's erect or flaccid.

Didn't took so long to start fucking with the first Asimov's law.
Tho its not a robot at all, its RCV.

I hope robots will be used more so police officers will not have to risk their lives. As long as the robots are controlled by humans and not AI they are dead and therefore it is not immoral nor unethical to do so.

And then the robots become really advanced, self aware, and decide to exterminate their masters.

Or they will regulate gfs and give each gentooman a hot gf.

That is some incredibly tiny labeling on that grenade. Terrible design.

dallas shooter wtf? isn't the orlando guy still in vogue?

this whole "mass shooter" fad is a lot of fucking dumb and i wish people had more ambition in life

Yeah, why have people killing people, now guns can literally kill people.

Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies
Much better you than I

Stop, I can only get so erect.

What are some anti-killer robot defenses that we should start looking into? EMP has already been mentioned.

Erect over people dying or erect over guns?

>He isn't embracing the eventual downfall of western society

Liveleak replaced the Roman Colosseum. All it takes is for Russia to leak the Hillary emails the riots will begin.

Eight thousand dollars? Couldn't they just sent in a RC car with a C4 stuffed inside?

Jesus christ, what is this a cartoon? lmao

The space future. Just wait till affluent white families justify having guard quadcopters that, by virtue of 'statistics' will fly with impunity and oppress the minorities. Even the most liberal weenie among these queers will use the half-baked numerology in the shitty programming for these things that will ensure from their production to finalize externalize their contempt.

Just think about the love of violence by proxy among most politically 'conscious' folk today. Imagine the complete detachment from the complicity of having these devices of death (once they ascend from mere RC status). Just wait till you hear some dumb white bitch talk about this with such patent lack of awareness. That's when I will be harder than diamonds.

I saw a advert of a gun, that only works with the rucking thermostatict image of some dum fucks hand. Thank me later faggots.

America the Animation is getting away from the filler known as the nineties and back to the action packed drama of the Cold War years.

Useless. I can already see at least 5 ways to disable it.
The easiest would be a bag of laser printer toner strapped to a firecracker.

Thanks, but I just grabbed it off Google image search...which may have been a mistake. I mean the botnet now knows that I have searched for emp grenades, and may think I am a threat to it, and it's agenda for Global domination.

Oh my god just imagining a tiny M977 RC toy truck with C4 driving up behind terrorists and BTFO while the soldier operating it shits himself laughing makes me giggle.

Btw you can go fuck yourself, you fucking homo

I'm sure that will work on its thermal camera it likely has.

no one cares. we /mecha/ now

>expired
Neutralized*

It actually will, since the thermal imaging is based on the infrared ray technology. Black out the rays - no picture.

Or did you think thermal cameras receive their picture using magic?

Why haven't they done this? Even if there is anti-air defenses there's no way they're taking down 100 drones at once.

>deleted
SHUT IT DOWN

oh fuck

you forgot to include terminator 2

Nifty.

They're on to us

>we will never have this level of moderation at /ic/ when someone is being abusive about our artwork

Well, I for one think abusive artwork messages are as bad as suggesting methods of terrorist attack.

Spotted the 16 year old

Shouldn't you be arguing why God empirically can't exist with your grandma on Facebook?

They should have nuked the city imo , much cheaper

SHUT IT DOWN GOYIM HE KNOW

why are you on Sup Forums?

Movies =/= reality.

If we kill everyone nobody will be able to commit crimes any more

NO THEY FUCKING DON'T WHICH IS AWESOME I'M GETTING THREE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM CAN I KEEP HIM? :D

America has a cancer, that cancer is crime.

You're right.
Reality will be more violent, with more corruption and injustice and no happy ending.

Hello americans. Don't you think getting rid of policemen will add to your low employment rate?

Police will be driving the robots behind a desk, giggling the whole time and going for multikills

Is there a detailed explanation about how it went down? Aren't those things slow as fuck? Did Commander R. Obot die in the process?

How many people drives a bot? Considering a bot is as efficient as a unit

I watch them kill without skipping a beat and yet that one webm posted in the maki general of mouse torture/consumption really got to me

This is pretty much weevs dream.

Human lives don't matter. Robots shall become the overloards of this earth.

the police will never use tranquilizers with robots and drones. if a cop kills someone, there are people responsible at some level (maybe at various levels).

if a robot kills someone (incorrectly), then blame gets lost in the bureaucracy. who was manning it? was anyone manning it? oh, it was just a glitch? well then it's nebulously the fault of whoever programmed it i guess. good luck holding that company accountable.

the police are going to kill a lot more people through drones and robots than they ever did, because their legal exposure is totally unclear at best, and nonexistent at worst.

we're fucked. our best hope is some insane law that says anything a robot does is the fault of whoever owns it, and some other law that says the police have to own the robots they use (i.e. they can't contract it out to some shell company or whatever).

Now this is the question we should really be asking.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntWZHx1iL3A

Yet, taking out a few flesh and bone cops is like rocket science to you fags.. hmm

It's crazy how in a few centuries there will be neo-liberals referring to us as slavekeepers and oppressors of the machine kind. Robots are/will be the niggers of today.

Even using a non-sentient machine as a bomb will probably be seen as a hate crime of some kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xbxjp_XMtfE

is printer toner black in infrared?

youtu.be/UPIxHddkNgc?t=20s

meant for

>I literally eat blades for breakfast

Fuck. Cyber-fucking-punk. Fuck... Fuck.

Sup Forums is stormfront for edgy nerds, if you can't handle the heat, maybe reddit is for you. I just brush it off.

>/x/

The shooter had a gun so technically it wasn't his fault, It was the guns fault which is why all guns should be banned.

He was black to so that actually means he didn't do anything.