So which one are you planning on getting? Thinking the Nitro or the Strix myself

So which one are you planning on getting? Thinking the Nitro or the Strix myself.

None. They all perform about the same as my 290 Vapor-X.

New to buying graphics cards, anyone wanna post a breakdown of 3rd party manufacturers? Other than Sapphire I don't know what's what.

I wanted to go XFX but they are losing their design edge. I'm going to go with the Sapphire, look sweet as fuck.

i just got a reference desu, set fanspeed to 70%, surprisingly quiet actually. temps don't go over 70 in things like GTA 5 and other shitty games.

Nitro seems like a better choice out of those two. I just wish it had the power connector on the side, not the back.

I don't understand your question. You want to know what the differences will be per manufacturer?

Yeah, basically. What manufacturers are overpriced, what are generally recommendable, and which ones to avoid, etc.

Just check the ones in the pic. HIS hasn't shown theirs yet. There's also eVGA which is Nvidia only. Sapphire usually has the best cards for AMD. The rest is really hit and miss.

For AMD, Sapphire and XFX are the top tier. Many people say Sapphire is the toppest tier.

Gigabyte and MSI are pretty good.

Asus has a sketchy history on AMD cards and usually just slap a cooler from their NVIDIA lineup onto it without putting in much effort.

All in all, they'd all perform well because, at the end of the day, they're all the same basic card. The slight differences come from the degree to which the cards are overclocked by the company, the quality of fans they've strapped on, the visually design if you like it or not, and the warranty/aftermarket care. Sapphire and XFX tend to have good warranties and their 480s have replaceable fans so if one of your fans die, you can just ask for a new fan from them instead of having to buy a completely new graphics card.

asus gtx 1060 dual

I wont buy anything but some crazy, all super high end components, binned chip card. If sapphire doesnt make a vapor-x 480 I simply wont buy one.

A GTX 1060 because I value my motherboard.

cuck

prep me fagget

your 3.5 incher doesn't need any prepping

>XFX are the top tier.

No, just no. Their 290x cooler was garbage that had VRM temps run over 100c.

Thnx bby

I don't care, just suck it. Your waifu can't wait any longer.

Hello Sirs
This is an AMD sponsored post. Please delete your posts thank yous.

>290x
>Old firehouse

Good thing the 390x cooler was good

Tfw you will pay +30usd for a custom cooler that can't even hit 1400mhz

>$0.99 USD has been deposited into your account

the -60 card is literally always weaker than it's AMD counterpart. why do you expect this time to be different?

>insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results

All this meme backplate

This. The 1060's 192GB BUS and 6GB limit is death.

>>>Old firehouse

You do realize the 390x is just a rebranded 290x right? So yeah, they basically had a whole generation to fix their shitty cooler.

>not wanting a memeplate
pleb

Nvidia promissed 980ti performance level on 1070 and delivered. Why should we doubt? Probably 480 will be a better choice on performance/dollar and because dx12.

Personally I would only buy 1-Sapphire, 2-MSI, 3-XFX I don't know about PowerColor and I would stop playing games if I had to use Asus. MSI is usually the best over clocker and cooler when it comes to AMD cards. MSI also turns out a lot of AMD cards you can in rare cases get a bad card. As stated, this is my personal opinion.

PIC:RX480 Water Block $75

That's the only time XFX have fucked up though. They fixed it for the 390(X) rebrands too and their 7000 series coolers were god tier (better than Sapphire's even). It's sad that they have such a shit reputation these days, although Sapphire are objectively the best AMD partner.

Here comes 2 guys that will turn this thread into a fanboy war like all the other threads

If I wanted a strong gpu I would w8 for a 1080ti.

But the GTX 1060 and RX 480 are literally the same price. If you're already going to be playing in the ~$200-$250 range, why get the weaker product?

Any release dates fellow friends and neighbors?

I like the gtx 1060's efficiency.

wait so is everything literally sold out

nothing released yet besides photos and the fact that you can replaca sapphire's coolers

>30 less watts

>But the GTX 1060 and RX 480 are literally the same price.

The rx480 is cheaper at both the bullshit MSRP Nvidia's trying to trick everyone into paying attention to, as well as the actual real price you're going to see on shelves. In addition to being more powerful. And DX12 ready. And with similar power draw (wow 30w, big deal).

>I-It's just 30 watts guys

KEK
GET BTFO AMKEK

Dude why do you have shitty frames on that DX12 game? Yea but I saved 30watts!

Well that's pretty fucking retarded, maybe they're waiting for the 1060 release idk

you forgot the crispy mobo

>dude 3 dollars on my electricity bill lmao

Efficiency is the meme of the century and is the prime mark of a consumerist cuckold.

I think review samples have gone out so it shouldn't be too much longer. Maybe 1-2 weeks?

1060 will kick 480 ass pretty hard at release.

XFX is good with non-house fire cards (Midrange) and still looks beautiful.

My R9 280 never got above 73 C even OC'd

>I-It's only 3 dollars guys

KEKEKEKEK

Enjoy the overall price costing more than the 1070 for half the performance after a few decades, stupid

Fuck off

>AMD
>talking about cuckoldry
HAHAHAHAHAH
>Dude why do you have shitty frames on that DX12 game? Yea but It's cheaper!
Literally the same argument. Nvidia>AMD in power every time.

Can I have a sauce on the picture?

Every Nvidia GPU is cheaper than its AMD counterpart in the long run.

There is no "long run" with Nvidiots because you buy new cards every 1-2 years like good consumerist goyim.

To be honest how far you really expect that AIB cards will OC? The german guy had to put 1,35v and watercooling to hit 1500mhz

if the reference can hit 1350 more than 1400mhz on custom cards is madness, the gains will be MINIMAL

i'm still wainting for the AIB because I'm afraid of the custom cooler

Thats actually true, but not always, specially at the release. In my country the 970 is cheaper than the 390, and the 980 is cheaper than the 390x.

However.
The 280 beat the 760
The 380 beat the 960
The RX 480 probably going to beat the 1060

XFX's reputation has gone far longer than that. They've been known to use cheap components. Nvidia 8XXX series and AMD 5XXX series had a bunch of issues because of that.

Maybe they've improved but I still don't trust them and they certainly aren't top tier.

>in the long run
Buying Nvidia-proprietary accessories does not make a cheaper build

I guess we'll have to wait for benchmarks but the memegraph that Nvidia is using to advertise the 1060 doesn't look so good for the 1060.

>You do realize the 390x is just a rebranded 290x right?
It's the same hardware, yes, but the RAM timings are tighter, and it's been overvolted with better VRM heatsinks for a bigger stock clock bump

I'm on a gtx560 and will probably upgrade to a gtx950
AMDefecations BTFO
Oh yeah, living by the day. Good goy.

I'm starting to think Nvidia users are more interested in AMD products then AMD users rae of Nvidia. Look at the way they flock to the AMD threads.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Nvidia one

Sure thing bud

>Nvidia Goyworks

Out of those, I'd pick the MSI. I dislike their shoddy products in general but the design philosophy of huge heatsinks and fans at very low speeds appeals to me. Their board designs are pretty good too.

this

Haven't seen that XFX before, link?

>>USD
>implying they live in the US

Sapphire card is the most attractive one. I'm kinda interested in the Devil card because Powercolor has a history of doing ridiculous things with their custom cards.

Oh gosh, that 30 watts sure is killer. Too bad I'm not an idiot that uses his PC to watch a Blu-ray. Even plebs know how to use Plex.

kek

They are. But you are an idiot that uses AMD so it's the same. Even plebs know AMD are relevant at the console market.

Not buying shit till AiB benchmarks come out. I suspect I'll lean towards the 1060 because DX12 on a budget card is retarded af. DX12 murders your GPU and a meer $250 card won't cut it for true DX12 performance

>online storage

Except that the 480 does fine in dx12 games.

NiggerVidiots BTFO

Thats great and all but the R9 390 is currently the same price as a non reference RX 480 in my country. Which one should I buy?

I dunno about him, but the 480 seems like a lot better deal if it's not reference. Same performance at lower power consumption? I mean why not.

Also better DX12 performance, updated ports, and better resale value.

Also 480 seems to be a better overclocker so you can theoretically get more performance, especially with the lower power usage.

That card is from 1980 what?

GTX 1060

rx480
>more ram
>faster in modern games
>async compute
>assassinates shitty motherboards eliminating impoverished scrubs from gaming world(br, russians, mexicans)

gtx 1060
>less ram
>faster in legacy games
>slower in modern titles
>no async compute
>probably bloated price
>hates freedom
>saves $3 a month on electricity bill

I'm running an R9 270X so while the 480 would be an upgrade I'm going to wait for the 490 and run two of those in Xfire and did a total rebuild.

If I had to buy a 480 now I'd buy the Sapphire one, just like I did with my VaporX and just as I did with my old 4850.

>Praising overhyped meme card with terrible heat and had to be gimped just so it doesn't kill motherboards for that 970 performance.
>Trashes on as of yet unreleased card from family of already successful and proven line of new GPUs just because they're from ncuckia.
>Obvious ayymd fanboy.

Look, I don't usually take sides on gpus as I have two computers: one living room PC with an r9 390 and a bedroom PC with a 980ti. So I like both teams pretty greatly.

But holy shit amd really shit the bed with the 480 and I probably won't buy the RX 490 when it is inevitably announced and will opt for a 1060 instead.

>>saves $3 a month on electricity bill
not even that much.

greater than 70% of the time your computer is sitting idle, unless you're a neetfag.

When ever some one says meme, I ignore the rest of their comment all i see is a wall of text.

not an amd fanboy. i have a 980ti. nvidia is just disgusting in the way they operate and i wish i had a way out.

Rumor is the 490 could be a dualgpu card. So you could be waiting for Vega, about 10 months

>gtx 1060
>>less ram
Is 4gbs of ram enough for 1080? Is 6gbs of ram enough for 1080?

Trivial.

K. You can just be a butthurt bitch baby if you want because I don't like your precious cuck card instead of listening to my reasoning.

So you start with a rumor then assume Vega in 10 months. So it's like bullshit based on bullshit?

fine. forget the ram. 6gb is enough. still no async or dx12 performance. old tech is old. power sipping is nice but not a major selling point for me.

You're the one here mad people buying AMD lol We aint mad lol Thank for being here

I agree. Nvidia does suck and the fact that amd shit the bed means that Nvidia once again has no real competition and can pretty much name their price.

I was hoping for great things from the 480, but looks like once again Nvidia owns the gpu market.

Vega has always been slated for 1H 2017, AMD hasn't hidden that.

>Butthurt because I call your cuck card "meme".

K dude.