How does one go about returning a lost iPhone...

How does one go about returning a lost iPhone? A little while after I first found the thing it came up with an alert giving me a number to phone to get in contact with the owner. I phoned it three times, but he hasn't answered my messages and it's been a week since the first time I called him.

Soon after I saw the message I suppose he factory reset the phone from a distance because now it just boots into the first time setup when I turn it on.

sell it

Use it for target practice.

Ask and Actually being serious by the way, they are experts in iPhone problems.

Don't return it, user!

Give it back Esteban

pawn it

Take it to the police station, sell it or trash it. Don't waste your time tracking down someone who likely already replaced the phone.

give it back jamal

i talked to jamal, he doesnt want it back.

give it to me

Give it back Richard

Give it to an Apple store. They return lost phones to their owner. The police would lock it away for a month then claim it for themselves because the real owner would never know they had it.

Except they could find out who the sim card belongs to

He actually wants to return it but needs help to do it.

Except the police don't give a shit

Alright, I'll try this. Thanks.

this desu senpai

>They return lost phones to their owner.
No they don't you retard, they throw them in a bin for recycling.

If the person has flagged their phone as lost / stolen, maybe they left a number with the flag, or just flagged it for a full erase, either way you put a SIM card with a data plan on it so it'll connect to the apple servers and upload it's location and download whatever it's last owner decided to do with it.

It's the thought that counts. :^)

if they're going to recycle why don't you sell it, keep it/give it to a friend or shove it up your ass?

Is there a carrier SIM card in it? You could take it to the carrier and they could figure out who the owner is if they have a contract.

STOP STEALING PEOPLE'S SHIT YOU FUCKING NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

This. Used to work at one. Apple fucking LOVES it when people lose their phones so they can sell you another. Shit, our manager even had us toss them in this shielded metal bin that blocked all wireless signals or some shit so people couldn't call it to track it down while the battery drained down. Then every other week we'd ship them off to who the hell knows where. Likely to be stripped down by chinese children so they can be remade into "new" iPhones. Fuck Apple. Working there with those scum was the worst year of my life.

without proof of this i'm not inclined to believe it. for one thing, the "find my iphone" feature would show a trail leading to the apple store right up until it gets thrown in the shielded box. for another, this sounds like a sure way for a lot of apple stores to get served with search warrants if lots of trails lead to stores and then inexplicably disappear from the world.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>Call ++++++ to return
>Don't answer
>Just wipe it
Doesn't deserve the phone desu senpai

Tyrone