At what age did you grow out of Anime Sup Forums?

At what age did you grow out of Anime Sup Forums?

21 here, and I'm 27 now.

Better late than ever, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PoXlh7PovVs
youtube.com/watch?v=kywE5q58zGQ
youtube.com/channel/UCX7X-QtyUiw-leIMq843YvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never watched it in the first place

i grew out of growing out of things at around 20
you're a late bloomer, op

I don't really identify myself based on the things I like.
So, never.

20 or 21. sometimes i get nostalgic and track down some old anime i watched and watch a few episodes (on the order of about once or twice a year). maybe once every other year i get an itch to give it a try again and i go looking at whatever animes are out/popular at the time (a task that's getting increasingly harder because the sites and groups i knew like 9 years ago have died a long time ago), but after an hour or two of skimming and looking around i give up; between the old animes being classics and the nostalgia, it's all but impossible for something airing today to have any chance of really rekindling my interest.

I'm 20 now :^)

What does your first jumble of words have to do with the OP's question? do you think "growing out" of something means that you stop identifying by it?

you can grow out of liking parsley. that doesn't mean that you ever self-identified as a parsley fanatic - just that you stopped liking it.

anyway, as for OP, how is this related to Sup Forums in particular? did you mean to post this on Sup Forums to troll them?

I get your point, sometimes I still listen to some metal, play some vidya etc. You know, the things I used to enjoy back when I was a teenager. And I kinda enjoy it in some way.

But Anime is something I can't get back into.

It's just so damn cheesy, predictable, immature and full of oversexualized things that's not even funny.

I have to turn off my brain if I want to watch any new Anime.

I'm exactly in the same place as you.

This

Does an age matter?
I'm still watching.....

currently 21, I dont watch frequently at all, maybe once every two years if I wanna watch Rourouni kenshin or yu yu hakasho. so next year I guess

I got into it in my mid to late twenties.

If you only ever watched shounenshit then I can understand it, but that means that you're an idiot anyway.

Where did everything start to go so wrong user?

You can tell us.

Accepting that humanity is filled with way too many limitations and fantasy is a better place to live. Just ask anyone who plays the lotto.

Same. I always hated those ching chong cartoons and their shitty art style.

13 like most people who aren't a fucking autist

>most active thread on Sup Forums isn't about technology

Of fucking course.

Well i really never watched real animus, just some Dragon Ball as a kid.

Well meme'd. I tip my hat to you.

my dad is 70 and thanks to the internet he watches anime

Nope, I also watched shows that the old Sup Forums and Sup Forums liked, like Serial Experiments Lain, Cromartie etc. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it back then.

But now they just look like pretentious shit for lonely neckbeards.

Well, I got my first GF at 24, so I'm late to pretty much everything.

Isn't anime just a medium? Would you ever say that you grew out of books, TV series, or movies?

Sure, plenty are horrible and clichéd like everything else (see Sturgeon's law) but there are always diamonds in the rough.

Personally, I would never judge something by it's cover. I remember doing that on a video game many years back only to find it becoming one of my favourites ever.

I never did and I don't plan to. Just like I don't plan to ever grow out of technology.
Mods fucking do your job.

>used to hate anime in my teens and thought it was cringey and for turbovirgins only
>tfw i grew into anime
>now 25 and watch an episode every day
a-am i g-going to make it?

also, post anime girls with SICP

That was what my pal used to say until a told him there was an anime about girls in tanks

I hope to be this guy. Say what you want about him, but he was a great critic (for YouTube anyway). RIP.

youtube.com/watch?v=PoXlh7PovVs

Don't care. Still hate chinese cartoons. They look gross and have shitty fan service and other shit for virgins to jerk off too.

>But now they just look like pretentious shit for lonely neckbeards.
Everyone complains about modern anime even though very few have watched anything more recent than Cowboy Bebop. They just "know" it's bad, because it's just common sense that everyone agrees on. Even though nobody involved knows anything about it.

15 years old.

>once every other year i get an itch to give it a try again and i go looking at whatever animes are out/popular at the time (a task that's getting increasingly harder because the sites and groups i knew like 9 years ago have died a long time ago), but after an hour or two of skimming and looking around i give up
Shit that's exactly me

I went back to American animation when I realized how aesthetically superior it is.

Sorry for your loss.

all anime is for 3-5 year olds

>user admits to being developmentally delayed

yeah, anime is addictive trash after all :(

>diamonds in the rough
Retard

>Totally not cherry-picking.
>Muh ching chong cartoons with the titties and magic shit is superior.
>Nipple makes the greatest cartoons of all time! Any other source of animation is hot trash made in flash!

It's the fact that making anime now is easier so you get a trillion of shit shows, I honestly haven't bothered with new anime after 2013.

I'll find the good ones eventually I just can't be bothered right now

In my mothers womb, because I'm mature, smart, and I HATE those goddam chinese cartoons. Whenever I see them online, it triggers me so much. Especially when I see people talking about how much they enjoy said cartoons. Ugh, stop ruining MY internet with your immature trash!!

that's the correct idiom. but even if it wasn't, it's fine man, whatever floats your goat.

itt: ebin generalizations

>that's the correct idiom.
Except it isn't you fucking retard. A diamond in the rough = a diamond that hasn't been polished. I gave you a way out and you squandered it.

I'm 25 now. I used to watch about 5 shows every season and now it's more like 1 or 2 shows a year.

I still like anime but I'm a bit more selective nowadays. In my "prime" I'd watch about 30 episodes a day.

>Totally not cherry-picking.
I was, but not much. The difference in quality is enormous across the board.

>Muh ching chong cartoons with the titties and magic shit is superior.
You seem really obsessed with titties and fanservice.

>Nipple makes the greatest cartoons of all time! Any other source of animation is hot trash made in flash!
You seem really upset as well.

It's interesting how angry anime makes people. I wonder what the reason is.

nice generalization

>buttmad weeaboo

>nice generalization
nice generalization

nice meme!

This but I use spicy anime memes

How dare you call me one of those things

There was a long ass time between when I stopped enjoying anime and when I stopped watching it. I spent several years in denial and frustration over the fact I can't find those elusive good titles. Nowadays I snicker every time I say anime is shit and some weeaboo goes all #notallanime on me.

nice generalization

You have to be at least 18 to post here.

>Buttmad weeaboo still cherry picking even after admitting to it.
>Using zombie Simpson's for ANY comparison.

You should really go back to the anime board if you don't like the fact that non-neets don't like your cartoons.

Time for you to leave, then.

Call me when any anime studio can reach the production levels of disney/pixar.

There are plenty of shitty mediums that people are expected to grow out of. Video games and anime are the canonical examples.

This is what i used to say until i started using Sup Forums

Whenever I see people use this my brain turns off because I realize that they're probably a retard that doesn't know what "straw man" actually means and just use it because they heard the words in Comp 1 class.

What Anime's have you watched.

>Buttmad weeaboo
I'm not a weeaboo and it's pretty clear that you're the one who's angry here.

>still cherry picking even after admitting to it.
As I just told you, the quality difference is massive across the board.

>You should really go back to the anime board if you don't like the fact that non-neets don't like your cartoons.
You should go back to Facebook. Sup Forums is an anime site.

I was referring to you. I'm not the one posting EBIN BAIT on Sup Forums.

Feature films are a totally different thing than TV shows, and even then modern TV anime looks better. Which is a bit amusing.

Anime isn't a "medium" m8.

Wow, that was hard. Disney distributes their films in the west in case you didn't know.

>production levels

>It's just so damn cheesy, predictable, immature and full of oversexualized things that's not even funny.
Yet all of these qualities become instantly acceptable in live action, and even when live action is worse about them.

Well, this was a screenshot of what my Anime folder used to look like about 6 years ago.

K. You can continue to defend your weeaboo shit with generic plots and shitty fan service instead of realizing that some people just don't like anime.

That's never gonna change, get over yourself.

>Feature films are a totally different thing than TV shows
I never limited anime to films.

>I was referring to you. I'm not the one posting EBIN BAIT on Sup Forums.
No fucking shit sherlock. I'm calling you the fucking underageb& back which you are. Christ do I really have to explain this?

Ghibli looks like ass compared to disney, your point?

There are some goods one out there. Try and look into seinen anime, which is targeted toward more adult themes. To give an example, "Joker Game" is a pretty refreshing historical/military seinen anime. Its set in world war 2, has clean animation and focuses on the individual lives of 8 spies. It's a show with good brain food and takes a bit of thinking to really appreciate it. Highly recommend it.

See What would you consider it?

I "grew out of it" when most of the newer shows being made just weren't good for me anymore. I est. about 3 years ago? I'm 28 now.

I still watch some older stuff from time to time. Trigun, Sol Bianca and Escaflowne are great to see from time to time.

I still listen to anime songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=kywE5q58zGQ

>mfw there are people browsing this thread right now who don't like anime, but still peruse an anime imageboard because literally nobody else wants to be around them

real pathetic, desu

I only ever watched Jojo because of how stylish it is. Other titles look like five year old's scribbles.

faggot

>anime imageboard

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
― C.S. Lewis

>Ghibli looks like ass compared to disney, your point?

>I never limited anime to films.
Well, in any case even modern TV anime looks (and sounds) better than Disney did.

>I'm calling you the fucking underageb& back which you are.
Says the person posting ebin bait on Sup Forums. Like a teenager would.

>Ghibli looks like ass compared to disney, your point?
That's entirely subjective.

Anime haven't been relevant here for the last 8 years, m8, but continue living in your delusions.

>Thinks 4chin is still an anime board.

it is pretty sad to be honest

they would literally get banned from any tech subreddit because of how insufferable they are and real life friends? forget about it

i feel bad for you anime haters tbqh

Your dad sounds like a cool dude

That's why there's somewhere around 15 boards dedicated to anime/otaku/Japan topics, almost every banner is related to them too, and people are constantly posting anime images everywhere.

This

That's cute.
>Mentions le reddit.
Oh no, it's retarded.

>he doesn't like anime
>he still uses an anime imageboard
>he has the nerve to suggest that an anime imageboard not focus on anime

Literal immigrant mentality.

Is your name Muhammed, by any chance?

I never watched anime in first place, but what do you mean "grow out"? If you like it, watch it. I don't get how is age related here.

this is a furry website since 2006

Legacy. They aren't even the most popular boards.

It's related because of the myth that anime is made for children, even though most of it isn't. Or because it's automatically for children because it's animated (because that's how animation is mostly made in the US).

Some people never did.
youtube.com/channel/UCX7X-QtyUiw-leIMq843YvA

nanner nanner boo boo! You can't stop me from liking or posting anime on this board!

If you don't like anime, you have more in common with a redditor than you do with the oldfags on Sup Forums. newfag

I never said I dislike anime, I only said it's no longer relevant. I have plenty of anime reaction images myself.

The more generic a board is the more people it's likely to have, and Sup Forums is in fact one of the most popular boards.

>features extreme violence, sex and other scenes that american movies would never show
>for children

I see why you say it is childish.

Like Dragon Ball Z? Can't stand that shit one bit.