Go to a conference

>go to a conference
>get one of these

every fucking time, this exact pen drive

Rogers (local isp) also gives out the exact same ones cept in red.

I guess all the companies that make business shit with company names on them only have like a handful of brands that work with their machines.

I wouldn't mind if they weren't so fucking slow took me about 4 hours to make a memebuntu boot disk last week and another hour just to boot into the fucking thing. It's like no one ever told them USB 2 exists

And it's always 1GB, but hey at least you will always have a spare

those are nice to spread your favorite GNU/Linux distro around

yeah they handed you the usb stick so you can boot your autistic linux off of it

one time I got one that was 4GB! I thought, this is a baller ass corp!!!Deeam SON! 4GB Dats Whats up nigga

What other use do they have? I don't trust them with anything of value because they break if you look at them too hard.

Standard design, we bough 100 with our business name and logo on them in 4GB

I always just give them to friends. It makes me seem like the kewl tech guy when really I'm just a hack fraud.

They're made for retailers to put their name on or businesses. I got one with my netbook that had some shitty office software on. I ripped the metal thing off.

>Have 3 of them
>All 3 are DOA

>pen drive
Did you mean to say "zip disquette"?

>zip disquette
Did you mean to say "jump stick"?

true story

Can someone explain this meme to me? I don't live in 'murica so this has never happened to me. Why would they give you a USB stick? What are you supposed to do with it?

>I ripped the metal thing off.
By pulling on it like a fucking nigger, or by unsocketing it like you should ?

>I always just shitposting on gee. It makes me seem like the kewl tech guy when really I'm just a hack fraud.

Its freebies made by chink sweatshops and handed around by companies

Old job used to give me shit like a flower shaped color marker or isothermal bag

What job gives you that kind of shit?

Its spy software preinstalled so your company can track your behavor yust throw it into the garbage
>inb4 tinfoil much
Chk urself the the missing memory on it never detected as storage

So missing memory=botnet? Fuck my hard disk is 500 GB but says 465 GB and I've used it for years

I have a 16GB one... Granted I paid for it, but it was dirt cheap, and I needed one for school... Also it has my schools name stamped on it...

I got the exact same one in job Corps, who is the Chinese company making all these

>the APEC handed out 800MB sticks
I made them for a conference, didn't even get a hub or anything... Just banging out 2 at a time on my laptop until I hit 350

user is rambling about the free usb sticks he got from a tech convention. A compensation for sitting long hours listening to shills advertise their overpriced antivirus. Where the hell do you live were there aren't expos, conventions, or fairs.

>spy software preinstalled
What about diskpart?

It's free stuff, user. I don't see your problem.