Ordered and payed 1 got 2

>Ordered and payed 1 got 2
What do?
Thinking about underclock one and use it for my mini-itx that I plan to build in the next year

act like a responsible and honest citizen, and notify them about that mistake

Had to wait 3 weeks, because their system was messed up.
Because I will not be using it, I wait for them to respond first

this

Why bother underclocking it? It's skylake, they run cool as ice.

Its the K version, and I will use a cheap&small afermarket cooler for my mini-itx, they tend to have a bad airflow in their cases

>OUTFITTERY
Man what's with online shops shilling other, totally unrelated online shop? I get that here in Switzerland too, every time I order something from microspot I get a gift card for something I do absolutely not care about. It irks me

this

Give it to me

[email protected]

I'm not sure you quite understand what I'm talking about. That's my i7 at stock speeds, in a computer that hasn't been turned off in about a month. Skylake runs cool, it's not like the older generations which idled around 40-50 degrees.

oh, thanks
then I'll just use it as it is.

They're going to contact you sometime later and when they do you're forced to send it back.

I am expecting that, but because I am not selling it or giving away for the next months I dont have a problem with that

still have the gift cards, does anyone shop there and has use of it?

OP again

the great thing, I bought them on sale for just 215€

They're not going to contact you. If it's a large company they'll just write the loss off.

I once had Amazon tell me not to bother sending back 2 Fitbits when I asked to return them literally an hour after they arrived because I found them cheaper elsewhere. Boxes were still sealed and they just said to dispose of them instead.

If you don't want to be a criminal scum, you will call the store and inform them that they have sent you the wrong items by a mistake and that you are willing to return it for a good discount for your next purchase. Remember, someone at that store WILL pay for that mistake, and it's not gonna be a rich faggot store owner, it's gonna be a packaging guy or the sales guy, so you may save someones career.
If you're not the snow nigger and did not grow up in a family of criminals, the right answer should be obvious to you without a thread on 4chin.

>i5
the trash is where it belongs

Give it back Tyrone

>and that you are willing to return it for a good discount for your next purchase
If the store finds out they can force you to send it back.

>falling for the i7 meme

>falling for the i5 is good enough for real world use meme

>meme
Kill yourself

>Muh gaming is real world use xD
You don't even need an i3 for posting here and watching Chinese cartoons all day user

Give it back Jamal

All these subhuman middle manager type degenerates knowing nothing about how the real world works or about the corporate dickheads they're serving. No creativity, no common sense, no straight human-to-human honesty and honor. Just "criminal scum" and the LAW!!!

OP just fucking keep it. They already sold it to you for around 10-20 times it took to produce it, research it and to have money for making the next cpu so the CEO can buy a new island. They strangely forget to talk about those hardworking R&D engineers/physicists who made this possible or give them money on par with "higher management".
Yes, a CEO or whatever takes certain risks and most of the time works hard to keep his company running, but for that to happen he needs people to work...

Honesty is mandatory when dealing directly with another human being (like the thing you're doing is between you two), a tradesman, some small corporations, etc.

However big places are compartmentalized and they entirely lack the human factor, humans are an asset. More work for less pay is the optimization problem faced by these guys. So the guys on top can take all the money and fuck luxury whores in their free time. The guy you speak with on the phone won't be paid any differently either.

You don't do them any harm by keeping one single processor of negligible cost. In fact their average weekly mistakes cost them around 100-1000 times the price of this cpu if not more.
Considering how irrelevant this is; keeping it is not a good way to stick it to the man, but it certainly helps you.

If it was Xeons keep em, but since they aren't, I'd call them and tell them that they accidentally sent you two.
If they are a decent company they will most likely take this kindly and give you a bonus on the next product you buy.
That will give you more value for your build.

I'd wait a while to see if they contact you about it and if they don't I'd sell it.
Also it's paid, not payed.

>Also it's paid, not payed.
That's they're problem, it's there fault the their stupid.

>They already sold it to you for around 10-20 times it took to produce it
As if that's relevant? Fucking production cost has nothing to do with a retailers margin. But you're 12 and don't realize that

other companies, outfittery in this case, pays big money to other companies to send these gift cards together with the orders. It's basic marketing man

Be a good citizen and order another one to see if it happens again.

is the behavior of the retailer any different from the behavior of the company which produced it? No, it's not. Two big fucking companies, nothing more. (most of the time).
Also, the retailer can only sell it for more, not less unless it wants to lose money instead of gaining profit. In fact it needs to cover it's own costs first before it can even make a profit.

(Anyway, I didn't just imply production costs there.)

It's like you can't think and you can't see the big picture.

>payed

throw it in the trash, less is more