/fht/

Welcome to /fht/ - Friendly Hackintosh/OS X Thread #3.

Previous thread (near bumplimit): Ask questions, discuss tips and tricks, discuss your favorite software, and share your experiences.

Users of all skill levels are welcome. Let's keep it civilized and remember to not feed the trolls.

Any cheap laptop ($300/$500) suitable for hackintosh? I know touchpads on most are pretty crappy, but I would guess by now some of them are at least compatible with the gestures and shit. What bothers me is power management.

Fuck off, iPajeet

acer c720 i3 chromebook.

>wanting to use a locked down piece of shit OS on your computer.

Yep I have a similar experience on my real macbook, what a fucking piece of shit it is. Should've just got an xps 13 instead of falling for the Mac meme.

U wot? another general? saged

Many thanks. Will be checking that out.

Linux user here. I support your thread, OP

You have entire sites dedicated to running your toddler OS on real computers. Fuck off back to them and stay there.

/fag/-friendly apple general

Why is it alright when it's other systems then? Just fuck off to their respective forums as well. Each distro has a community. There's mydigitallife for Windows too.

I love OSX.

What Hackintosh is, OSX on non-apple hw?
how do i know if i can run the latest OSX?

By checking if people are having problems with the latest version and certain hardware.

Hackintosh is essentially OSX with a different bootloader. You have the exact same system, but you have to kinda trick your way through the fact that it's not designed to support hardware that's only used on PCs officially.

>tfw scatman came back to save Sup Forums from the /fa/g scum

Truly based.

wtf is going on there

4th one to date

Why do people do this?

Retired my Hackintosh for now because I need Linux again and only have one SSD. Was good fun, and will be buying an Apple laptop in the future because of it.

wtf is that a baby getting raped?

must be the same guy. jesus, he's prolific. he was apparently responsible for like dozens of posts in the other hackintosh thread.

with this thread having "/fht/" in the subject, a zealot has no excuse for their rage at seeing this shit. just filter the subject and live the rest of your life in peace.

Perhaps the same could be said of mactards infesting sites outside of their containment websites.

hackintosh is not mac you fucking retard

>Perhaps the same could be said of mactards infesting sites outside of their containment websites.
i mean the same could be said of literally everything we discuss on Sup Forums. the difference here is that even Sup Forums doesn't want to put up with your shit, as evidenced by all the posts being removed by the mods.

and yeah, you can cry and whine and stomp around about how the mods are faggots, but go to another site then. this isn't guantanamo bay. you can go any place on the internet that you want. you don't HAVE to charge into hackintosh threads on Sup Forums and tell us you're disappointed with the topic. you can just not post.

or if you want to roll the dice again, you can report this thread if you really believe it doesn't belong here. that worked out really well for that first guy.

you can cry and whine and stomp around about how the Sup Forums are faggots, but go to another site then. this isn't guantanamo bay. you can go any place on the internet that you want. you don't HAVE to charge into Sup Forums and tell us you're disappointed with the community. you can just not post.

or if you want to roll the dice again, you can report this thread if you really believe it doesn't belong here. that worked out really well for that first guy.

oh yeah you did the same thing before too. the "so mad you shut down and mirror everything i say" thing doesn't exactly signal to people that you're the reasonable person here, but whatever.

>macfag so paranoid he thinks everyone who disagrees with him is out to get him

keep these mactards of our campus keep these mactards of our campus

i'm not reluctant to believe that you and that guy share the exact same behavior, but having the same juvenile breakdowns in a discussion make you seem like that guy having merely returned after resetting your router to get a new ip address.

so replace "you" with "that guy" and it gets a little bit more depressing that the only response you can come up with is to mirror everything i post back at me and fire back half-baked greentext reactions

definitely appropriate.

>shill apple garbage on tech board
>get upset when people tell you to fuck off
>keep doing

You should go get your autism treated kid.

honestly have you ever thought maybe you would have fewer tantrums if you just didn't get caught up in threads you didn't care for? or do you think you would have to start dealing with your shit and that would be kind of hard?

i can't imagine that someone spending lots of time posting that he hates threads on Sup Forums has a lot going in his favor - posting each of these complaints means that you have to cooldown a bit before you can post something in a thread you do like, but you're bitching in here so much that i'm not sure if you even have time for that.

i guess i'm asking if you're willing to give positive reframing a shot. because you're clearly very upset, it's clearly not healthy, the mods don't really like this behavior either, this whole arrangement is just not working for you and people like you who just complain all the time.

honestly have you ever thought maybe you would have fewer tantrums if you just didn't get caught up in sites you didn't care for? or do you think you would have to start dealing with your shit and that would be kind of hard?

i can't imagine that someone spending lots of time on a site that hates him has a lot going in his favor - posting each of these complaints means that you have to cooldown a bit before you can post something in a site you do like, but you're bitching in here so much that i'm not sure if you even have time for that.

i guess i'm asking if you're willing to give positive reframing a shot. because you're clearly very upset, it's clearly not healthy, the mods don't really like this behavior either, this whole arrangement is just not working for you and people like you who just complain all the time.

The kid was trying to sell a gun that was stolen from the guy that shot him.

There is evidence of RX480 and RX460 support in macOS Sierra. But for the RX480 there only seems to be Framebuffer support, while the rx460 seems to have full support.

Would RX480 still be a good choice to buy now and hope and pray for full native support?

Seeing as the RX480 would be the more popular one still, perhaps people will be more inclined to find workarounds to get it fully working. I just would only consider a RX460 if my budget was limited and I knew that I wouldn't need anything better for my usage.

Honestly, I would probably do it, but I'd advise against it, seems bit too dumb of a risk.

You should get your autism checked seeing how many times you post that in every shill thread.

The community would probably get it to work, but that seems risky, especially for upgrades. RX460 doesn't seem worth it, so I might wait until another RX is supported - hopefully all of Polaris 11 will be.

Yep. Well, it is only 200 dollar so not much is lust thankfully

the timestamp kind of gives away that this is the first time i've posted that image. do you repeat posts back at people a lot? do people suggest this autism/echolalia connection to you often?

how is it locked down

>how is it locked down

because it isn't?

Any good SteerMouse alternatives?

bettertouchtool for button mapping, smoothmouse for acceleration
no full alternative

>Cant have a hackintosh thread because of underage autists
How awful
Cant you guys go back to your phone threads and AMD threads?

Is it viable to install macOS Sierra with the installer located on an external USB drive?
I've never some it like that before, and it would be more convenient since I wouldn't need to clean up as much space from the internal drive

isn't that how it's normally done?

I got my laptop with mountain lion, and every update since then I downloaded the installer to the main drive and just installed it from there
Problem is this installer requires a big amount of free space, which is too Mich for my tiny 64gb ssd
So I'm thinking on just copying the installer to an external drive and execute it from there
I could make a bootable installer on a USB stick but it takes forever

Oh... AFAIK, you can't do exactly that (copy the .app)

you'd HAVE to make a bootable installer

Can I really install Hackintosh on an AMD processor?

What makes me wonder this is that once you open the installer, it takes around 10 mins as it seemingly prepares the files needed for installation, so maaaaybe it does work

yes, with modified kernel

COULD be pretty stable

Why is the modified kernel needed, exactly?
I thought these processor aren't that different

actually, os x needs a lot of custom processor instructions (? or how are they called), so even older Intel CPUs and some new CPUs like some Cerelons or Pentiums are not supported.
You need HPET, SSSE3 and some others

and really there even more little differences between amd and intel cpus
afaik os x's kernel checks for CPU too

ok so i just found out that you can indeed do something like this
when you open the installer, it copies data to some folder in your mac into a folder called "os x install files"
it seems pretty obvious then
i guess the conclusion is that it doesnt really matter where the installer is located, since the files needed for installation are going to be copied to the target drive anyways

I thought it spouted errors when run on a disk it didn't like

How hard would it be for me to Hackintosh? R9 390, i5 4590, and SSD here.

Pretty easy. You should post your motherboard too since it matters a lot. Non-reference r9 390s may cause some problems though.

Anyone know if they got that amd fx graphical big fixed?

MSI r9 390 and MSI h97 pc mate mobo