bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/
codewars.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JxAXlJEmNMg&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7664379246A246CB lecture series.

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
backendDevelopmentBookmarks.md

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/
>How to get started
youtube.com/watch?v=pB0WvcxTbCA - "WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A WEB DEVELOPER! - Web Development Career advice"
youtube.com/watch?v=zf_cb_Nw5zY - "JavaScript is Easy" - If you can't into programming, you probably won't find a simpler introduction to JavaScript than this.

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com
openshift.com/
>NEW!
scaleway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iCUV3iv9xOs&list=PL442FA2C127377F07,
codepen.io/user/pen/yJzzJW
youtube.com/watch?v=g90irqWEqd8
jsfiddle.net/o2tau8kt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Go and maintainability.

Last thread because OP forgot:

the last thread had the steve jobs picture

Death to JavaScript

Long live PHP

Death to both! Long live Go and WASM!

Got it now

>dont have the OP picture edition
badly compressed .jpg when .png or .gif would have been fine edition.

If only Sup Forums supported .svg master race.

Will becoming a web developer allow me to work from home? Are any of you here working from home as a web developer now? I need to know. My normie land wagecuck job is killing me.

If you enjoy freelancing and getting payed less than POO IN LOOS then sure, but any real web dev job requires you to be on site to communicate with your team members.

It's easier to work from home as freelance after you've been at a company for a while and see how it's done.

I'm not sure if this belongs here.

I have a basic knowledge of python, however, I want to focus on Web Development and networking (especially networking) . Where do I start?

Thank you

A lot of places like coding bootcamps and entry positions want to see a twitter account or some sort of social media.

Is there an easy way to set up a Twitter that makes me seem like a normie and get a few followers and shit?

Why do some colo facilities like to keep their exact location a secret? Is it that dangerous to reveal your actual datacentre location?

lmao what the fuck kind of shady bootcamp are you looking into

just set up an instagram and follow a bunch of people, you'll immediately get some follows (some bots). Twitter's bots are way more obvious. And then just take two pictures a day.

If they explicitly care about twitter, it's because they want to see your outreach in the dev community - and that's much harder to fake

Well thanks for giving me the hard truth. I guess I'll abandon all hope now.

it's not as hard as people make it out to be, if you treat it like real work not as a hobby :) then it's ez to make lots of moneyy

I might give it a go. Is it really possible to learn everything yourself and get a job just off that? I really don't think I can go back to school, but I do have a few hours of free time each day.

web.py

If you're a TNC/MNC, it's less the data in them, more the employees and other stuff you need to protect.

flask

I want to start with PHP,

so first off with codecademy ? also would do this
youtube.com/watch?v=iCUV3iv9xOs&list=PL442FA2C127377F07, what would be the recommended #3 ?

Or just learn social skills, and find a thing you can do in life that you actually like.

I didn't get into web development because I was looking for the easiest highest-paying job available. I do it because I've been programming as a hobby and dabbling with this shit for fun since 2003. I like going to work, its fun. Now I get paid to do what I would have been doing as a hobby anyway.

Find something you like doing.

Flask or Django

>coding bootcamp
>only complete noobs apply
>they want to see my developer community outreach through twitter.

wat?

I do webdev for a living, I don't even have Twitter.

Most likely its a pyramid scheme and they want to use their students to spam their shitty bootcamp so that other idiots will pay for it.

why the fuck is this image a jpeg and not a png

is it supposed to be spoofing w3c logo cause it looks nothing like it. wrong color, font is too wide compared to pic related

(though I'm used to seeing the blue on white logo since that's the one that's used on all the web specs)

again.

I have written some code (in Java) that gets the current time in the ASCII format specified.

What would be the best way to get this onto a webpage? What about having it update when the time changes?

Thanks again.

>What would be the best way to get this onto a webpage?
Rewrite it in a better language, called Javascript.

>What about having it update when the time changes?
Javascript is the only way to get things to do stuff in the browser.

Did you read my OP? What would be the best way to re-implement it?

who /vue 2.0 with jsx/ here? also there needs to be a webpack-2.0 vue-cli template. the vue-cli templates are among some of the best default webpack configurations ive ever used.

>only complete noobs apply
But that isn't true

I'm rebuilding my portfolio site and want to make it with actual RESTful URLs,

Is there a way to do this without routing?

i'm building something that checks a url and returns to the user information about what's on the page

would it be bad practice to just use jquery and ajax for this?

What kind of interview questions should I expect for a "application developer" position with html/css/js with Python and sql?

dude I jus typed "wdg" in google and hoped for the clasic OP picture, just picked a random image

>What would be the best way to re-implement it?
How am I supposed to answer this without basically writing all the code for you?

How do I do

if X == "Whatever 1" or "Whatever 2" {

in go? I can't find a clear answer on what or is

jquery and ajax would only display what is returned. You would need a server side code to run a curl on the remote url to fetch the content

Nevermind. I basically wrote all the code for you

codepen.io/user/pen/yJzzJW

How do I declare a variable in Go without declaring the type?

this var X
not var X int

Just retweet a bunch of random click bait shit and rant about politics like everyone else. You'll also seem super hipster cool if you follow Paul Irish

you have to declare the type unless you're assigning it to something. If you're assigning it, the compiler can infer the type.

But what if I want to wait for the user to assign it?

then you should either reevaluate whatever you're trying to do or switch to a weakly typed language.

>How do I declare a variable in Go without declaring the type?
are you stupid?

don't answer that, I already know.

Okay. I'm gonna ask it. Why does everyone hate Java for web applications running on servers? I'm talking large, complex software applications, not a CRUD app.

I use it because:
Java is fast, high level, easy to develop, and huge community of open source software written in Java.
Don't want to pay for/pirate Windows Server and SQL Server, so no point in using C#.
Python is slower.
C++ and below are too low level for what I'm doing.
Go... haven't used Go. Primarily don't use it because it is too new and a meme language.
Haven't used Ruby. Mainly never tried it because it's slow and kind of a meme language.

Why is Java bad again?

Second interview they want me to "code an HTML email".

That's just an HTML template right? I've never done that but it sounds piss easy, any tricky components I need to be aware of?

>download web design course
>see pic related
>lose confidence in instructor

>Why does everyone hate Java for web applications running on servers?

If the basis of that assumption is made up of what you see on /wdg/, then you really need to ignore it. If you want to know the true pros and cons you really should be looking elsewhere.

If Java works for you then so be it. Every application will have its use based on the type of app you're making.

I've worked with just about every mainstream language and I'll tell you PHP is my favorite - but the general consensus here is that you're a 'pajeet' for even using it. Do you, senpai.

>he doesn't want to learn how to make a wanderful page

You're not gonna make it

>Java is fast
Premature optimization

There's no point in shaving a few CPU cyles off when you're going to be waiting for millions of CPU cyles while a network request to resolve.

The requirements of most web applications will be met just fine with pretty much whatever language you want to use. No language is going to magically make all technical debt and problems disappear.

>high level
Except when you have to fuck around with threads and shit.

>easy to develop
lel, pic related.

>and huge community of open source software written in Java.
So does every other language.

>Don't want to pay for/pirate Windows Server and SQL Server, so no point in using C#.

So you're developing "large complex software" but you're not a company who can pay for things, you're doing it alone in your bedroom instead. Okay

>Why is Java bad again?

Personally I don't want to learn or use Java because don't trust Oracle at all.

Oracle's MO with stuff that they've acquired which isn't printing money for them, like Openoffice and Opensolaris, is to basically forget about it. Java EE is another property that isn't printing money for them. The Java EE 8 specification was approved in 2014, but release is still supposedly being sometime next year?

That's quite a fucking long release cycle.

Plus they keep trying to sue the shit out of Google. which is fucking stupid.

>excuse me while i add box shadows to everything

Textbook Dunning-Kruger effect there

>form with no labels or placeholders

>
>

Don't be this cocky first of all. Email clients are not like web browsers and much buggier. There are different best practices. Javascript is not supported. You can't use too many styles in the head and you have to use a lot of inline styles. Images have to be hosted on your server and linked with an absolute path. I would read up a little more

Its fine, I'm sure he salts and hashes the passwords in the database. Looks totally safe.

Who has experience with cloud hosting providers?

I'm build a small webapp but want to host the different parts in their own instances. So there will be a database server, main site delivery server and another server for cron tasks that populate the database with things periodically. I've only ever messed around with vps's so am I right in thinking if I want to use digital ocean I have to pay for 3 of their plans to get this kind of setup? same with AWS etc. Just wondering how this kind of setup works.

Ignore the fact that it's a small project I just want to learn how this cloud hosting stuff works for now, assume it has to scale up eventually.

it's very secure

>am I right in thinking
ya pretty much what you said.

Oh, he added the action, apparently. Earlier in the course he just left it blank. I thought it was just an example.

What are the chances for a VPS hosted server (gunicorn under nginx) running an app to crash randomly (and thus need billable sysop maintenance), as compared to a shared hosting ? (I have yet to see a heroku app crashing)

Am I missing something? You can't determine if it's secure or not if you can't see how the server side code procsses the form. The html is fine

I thought the action attribute was left blank, and was making a joke, because it didn't do anything. I didn't realize at some point he added a .php file.

This may be a stupid question. Are there any services that host free "redirection security" (I use the term security very loosely) pages, like those on forums?

Anyone know of a good tutorial for JS Promises?

Should I be learning PHP? I already know JS and the premise of learning Node and sticking to just one language for everything is very tempting.

PHP is super fucking easy to learn, so it really wouldn't hurt. Plus it makes you more marketable.

the mdn page is a good place to start.

my fucking sides...

Jesus christ. You legend man. Wow.

Thanks dude.

Just read through the code and comments, and even though I'm [now] shitfaced, that is so clear, understandable and useful. Based user.

What's the easiest framework for a single-page static site? Like clicking the nav replaces the body content kind of thing.

Go read some HTML tutorials from the late 90's and you'll be fine doing emails.

Having trouble with RWD. Should I just bite the bullet and use bootstrap?

looking for an ubuntu mysql client. anyone got any suggestions?

nah. You got this user

I am new to writing JavaScript...
I am writing a communication protocol between two websockets and I am not sure I am doing this correctly.

I want to wait for a message and then react based on what state I am in.

While loops are forbidden in JavaScript, so should I just use a recursive loop or should I make a dispatcher model?

It feels like I am writing Assembly again.
How are you supposed to do?

>reading a javascript textbook
>wrote 5 pages of notes today and my hand hurts
>still not very far

try ember

Angular 1 just because there's so many resources and just makes sense.

React if you wanna be cool, and it's still pretty easy but just unnatural at start.

Trying to change an element's display from none to block through JS, but it's not working. It works with display none, but changing display to block does nothing. Any ideas?

Just doing this btw:
document.getElementById(id).style.display = "block";

Thanks user, this seems really comfy.

I'm a little bit limited this time around, but I may refactor it using this in the future

Made a "search for users" system for my site, but the results look really ugly. How would you guys suggest styling the results?

Try mysql.

what's the point of having a small search box when the wrapper is so big anyway? the box being small and then getting bigger doesn't save any space.
add more info to the autocomplete, add their avatars, number of pokemon or team composition as tiny images, anything
don't make the result just a plain link list.
what's the point of having the autocomplete and a list after searching? why not just use the autocomplete alone, this seems to be an unnecessary step/click.

that's exactly how it works, you fucked up something else.

Promises are amazing as long as you're not a baddie and try treating them as callbacks, nesting them inside of each other.

I think this explains it quite well:
youtube.com/watch?v=g90irqWEqd8

Kyle Simpson is good at JS.

jsfiddle.net/o2tau8kt/

Why won't the back button work. I know its giving the correct radio button the checked property, but it won't display as checked on the webpage.

>dispatcher model
I use this with a map of message types to functions. Works pretty well.

when you click next you set choice to -1.
so clicking back afterwards checks if -1 is equal to the index of the checkboxes, which is never true.
besides, you rerender the checkboxes. your reference would have been lost. the element no longer exists.

doesn't seem to make any sense.

>when you click next you set choice to -1.
so clicking back afterwards checks if -1 is equal to the index of the checkboxes, which is never true.

'choice' is set to the index of the checked radio button as next is clicked. If the user was to click back, 'choice' would still be equal to that index therefor the function should check the button at that index. My problem is getting the code to render this.

How do I check with js if an iframe loaded a certain file?

reading this as a noob and I already found 2 critical errors in the code after 38 pages

have someone finished this book, the content seems to be fine ?

because the element is gone.
what happens if you click back twice? you only store the last choice.

can you post the pages and point out the error?

Video conference interview tips? Anything to know?

Between FCC and Odin, which one is better to start with?