Other urls found in this thread:

wp.xin.at/archives/3465
builds.x265.eu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit monitor

I don't see any banding

>HEVC

Use your apparently good renderer and activate debanding

Better than h264 in every way and made to replace it. I bet when h264 was rolling around you were enjoying your xvid encodes

Thanks famalam, need to get rid of this TN shit as soon as I can

I was just memeing mate.

You're dumb as shit, hevc isn't ready for deployment yet cause there's no software decoding for it.
Encoding isn't as advanced as it is on h264 either.

sounds like you need ips

>hevc isn't ready for deployment yet cause there's no software decoding for it.
Are you retarded? We even have HEVC hardware decoding with the new GPUs out.

Sounds like you can't read, what part of software decoding didn't you understand?
>wasting hundreds of dollars on a GPU just to watch unoptimized HEVC
yeah you're the retard

>no software decoding for it.
Holy shit then I must be using some hacker software to watch this video

>Encoding isn't as advanced as it is on h264 either.
Then why does it achieve the same level of quality than h264 files with 2/3 times less filesize?

>Then why does it achieve the same level of quality than h264 files with 2/3 times less filesize?
It doesn't, you probably need glasses and are watching shit on a crappy monitor instead of a tv
>Holy shit then I must be using some hacker software to watch this video
no, you're using hardware decoding

That title card was very likely encoded from an 8bit undithered source. Or there's no dithering on bit depth transformation.

What is this so called "optimized" decoding you talking about ? How is the implied "unoptimized" decoding wrong?

i'm a noob. Just got this from a Russian thingy some time ago, that's all. I'm an idiot trying to learn.

Zeus botnet translated. It's the 2009 version though. I know fuck all about programming. I asked some bloke on the dark net and he told me to start programming with APL, but I made the switch to linux and I can't load the right key board font even though terminal brings up apl fairly easily. Then some other bloke said to try A+ instead because it accepts the ASCII stuff and the European layout. But every A+ is about emacs and cancer. I kid you not, no A+ tutorials worth mentioning. They told me APL and A+ allows you to try cooler shit because you're allowed to do more stuff. Then they told me to move onto C but only after I got A+ or APL. I tell them that the zeus translation is in c++, c and php for the command and control bits, and that i'd need a copy of windows server 2010. Not server, the windows thing you use to write c++, the thing that has c#. I have mono of course but fuck if i know how to use it.

>It doesn't, you probably need glasses and are watching shit on a crappy monitor instead of a tv
No, i'm neither watching it on a tv nor on a crappy monitor. You clearly don't know what HEVC is, I recommend reading the wikipedia page
>In most ways, HEVC is an extension of the concepts in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
>The primary changes for HEVC include the expansion of the pattern comparison and difference-coding areas from 16×16 pixel to sizes up to 64×64, improved variable-block-size segmentation, improved "intra" prediction within the same picture, improved motion vector prediction and motion region merging, improved motion compensation filtering, and an additional filtering step called sample-adaptive offset filtering. Effective use of these improvements requires much more signal processing capability for compressing the video, but has less impact on the amount of computation needed for decompression.
Note that it mentions that encoding is more complex

It's decoding on software afaik, neither my nvidia nor my intel gpu support 10bit hevc hardware decoding

Don't confuse normie encoders with weabo encoders, weabos apply debanding filter before encoding 10-bit shit

Blame encoders. Soon we will see 300mb FULL HD encodes of movies.

I swear anyone who encodes HEVC is so shit at encoding they might as well be indian.

>2/3 times less filesize?
you mean exactly the same filesize*

hevc looks fucking shit. its blurry/swimmy/smudgy. awful codec. and it drains all your cpu.

the top tier codecs are the following
VP8, VP9, h264

normie encoders are pure shit. When it comes to encoding weeaboo encoders are the best in the world who have been behind every single advancement.

And they're is good reason why weeaboo encoders haven't jumped all over HEVC yet, because IT'S NOT FUCKING READY FOR ANYTHING.

Literally the only weeb encoders using HEVC are the retards reencoding Horriblesubs to get the episode to be 100MB "1080P"

>jpeg for quality comparisons

i sometimes do some HEVC animu encoding (pic related)

that's a real nice image

Nigga, do you even see videos with h264 codec back when the encoder itself is slow as hell, and worse than Xvid?

yes, user. the both encoder and decoder itself still in early stage. You'll need at least 2 or 3 more years to see it more mature.

Decided to install and try and configure memeVR, I think it's made an improvement

it's just a common h264 730MB web-dl release

>drains all your cpu
1080p hevc takes 1ms more to render than h264 on my midrange laptop using madvr (6ms->7ms)

I suppose you can't really argue with subjective things such as quality. Maybe use a good renderer, I personally have no problem with hevc.

Well I never tried the encoder, but the quality was never worse than xvid. Maybe on the 300mb movie files that were going around at the time, when compared with 2gb xvid files

no

What settings are you using for madVR?

Talking total shit every sentence.

Kys. I really mean that. It's for the good of all on this board

>download low quality shit encoded from a low quality source
>bitch about quality
ermagerd I downloaded some MP3 from megaupload and when I converted to FLAC it sounded like a fucking 128 kbps MP3.

Which encoder are you talking about? Professional HEVC encoders are already being used in UHD blurays. As for x264 vs x265, the latter is not as bad as people in this thread claim to be, it is very usable with right settings. x264 is of course has a decade of optimizations, it has the best quality if you don't care about bandwidth
wp.xin.at/archives/3465

lanczos3 ar up/downscaling chroma, lanczos 4 no ar image upscaling
superxbr image doubling if upscaling (not upscaling on 1080p)
error difusion 1, medium antibanding, no image enhancement/refinement (can't afford), no smooth motion (can't afford)

Holy fuuuuuck you're stupid. Mx Player has had x265 software decoding since 2013. What are you on about or are you just so dense you don't even know

>1080p hevc takes 1ms more to render than h264
Why does the choice of encoding affect the rendering time, shouldn't HEVC and h264 be completely invisible to madVR? Or do you mean frame time for both decoding and rendering?

For anybody interested in HEVC video encoding, here are the latest most recent encoder:

builds.x265.eu

Download the latest 10-bit encoder as it reduces color banding across all bitrates. Replace the x265 encoder in MEgui or StaxRip with this one.

Default CRF is 28, anything lower results in higher quality but bigger file size. Use the fast preset as anything slower is pretty much a placebo.

Happy encoding!