/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) goes up for pre-order in US
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_101_2016_goes_up_for_preorder_in_us-news-19306.php

>Alleged Xiaomi Mi 6 Specs & Price Leaked In Xiaomi Store
androidheadlines.com/2016/07/alleged-xiaomi-mi6-specs-price-leaked-in-xiaomi-store.html

>The Vivo X7 sold over a quarter million units in its first day of sales
The Vivo X7 sold over a quarter million units in its first day of sales

>The sold-out ZTE Nubia Z11 will be available again on July 13
androidauthority.com/zte-nubia-z11-sale-july-13-702467/

>Samsung Galaxy S7 active didn’t pass Consumer Reports’ water test, twice
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_active_didnt_pass_consumer_reports_water_test_twice-news-19295.php

>Exynos 8893 powered Samsung Galaxy Note 7 scores high on Geekbench
phonearena.com/news/Exynos-8893-powered-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-scores-high-on-Geekbench_id83022

>Porting of CM13 to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge [Exynos] has begun.
forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/cyanogenmod-13-galaxy-s7-edge-exynos-t3414072

>Huawei P9 lite review
gsmarena.com/hauwei_p9_lite-review-1461.php

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z11-8091.php
amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Tablet-10-8-Inch-Windows/dp/B012DTDI2C
lmgtfy.com/?q=snapdragon 615 heating
dinodirect.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-5-5-snapdragon-650-hexa-core-smartphone-3g-32g-fingerprint-id-full-metal-fdd-lte-4g-16mp-miui-7-p42269377.html
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-MIUI-V7-16-0MP-TOUCH-ID---Dark-Gray-362397.html?source=ShareAsale
en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

6P or LG G4?

Daisuki~

I'm from the US and using T-Mobile.

Want a new, real fast phone that's ~$500 or less. It has to use all T-Mobile LTE bands though.

4th for samshills on suicide watch

>ZTE Nubia Z11

Is this phone not actual shit?

Sup Forums-chan, daisuki~

Really upset to see that none of the Xiaomi phones work on 4G in the US...

I'm looking for a phone under $300 that can play games and runs on 4G in US with decent battery life. Screen resolution doesn't matter.

Who Blackberry here? Ive had it for 5 months. Blackberry hub was amazing for when I was buying a house because it's a constant stream of emails, calls and texts but now that it's over I want to go back to the dark side again.

Polite reminder to link all the iPajeets or people considering an iPhone to this image.

Why do people act like this is a real choice? If you are deciding between G4 over a 6P, price is the only thing you care about so just buy the G4.

kek

How so?

gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z11-8091.php

ive had a g4 for the past 9 months ask me anything.

The 6P doesn't have a removable battery or the bare minimum: a micro sd slot. It's a joke of a phone.

see and

lads I'm seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a moto x play. any real reason why i shouldn't? I already have a flagship but I need something with a huge battery for work

also if you're gonna recommend a replacement pls keep in mind my country has no online delivery so can't buy chinkshit

lel

Daily reminder that not everyone has an extensive HD anime collection.

No nexus has ever had that. If that's even a concern don't bother considering it.

Jesus Christ I recommended it to that lad who cared about storage. I really thought external storage was a given in 2015+.

Dutch lad pls see this before it's too late.

Why shouldn't I get the OP3?

duly noted

>Snapdragon 615
Overheating POS.
Get a phone with compatible anker/zerolemon battery case .

How bad is the skin that is on it compared to pure stock, I'm considering either the G4 or a 5x/6p but the skin on the g4 just looks so bad, almost samsung bad.

Same reason no sane human being should buy a 6P see

what about the Samsung J7 2016. they're selling it here for 200 bucks. it has a 3300 pack and a 720p resolution. and it has a 617.. yay or nay?

Sony Xperia Z3
Any good nowadays?

Lol these threads are the fucking worst

Why are you on Sup Forums? Go back to facecuck you boring piece of shit. Also chinese cartoons is not the only reason people get micro sd cards you dumb cuck.

No you are

I will never understand this lg skin is terrible meme. it really is the cleanest experience you can get after pure Android

pic rel

Yes, SD616/617 are the fixed versions so it's much better.

the smart notice weather recommendations are a handful I'll give you that. but thats hardly a deal breaker for a phone as perfect as the G4

Xiaomi Mi Max, good phone to use in the US?
I'm on T-Mobile if it matters.

>10:30pm
>38c
What the actual fuck user, I struggle to survive at over 20c.

Looks pretty terrible 2bh. even touchwizz has better looking icons.

RN3P works on t-mobile.

I don't understand, the OP praises chink phones

>Mfw people are shitposting about microSD slots and I just hook up a USB drive to my phone with USB OTG that's faster and have more storage for cheaper than SD cards

You should head over to /csg/ because they are more specialized in that kind of stuff. As always OP is faggot.

Why not get a Redmi 3Pro/S for 150 or the RN3P for 200 instead?

SNAP CITY
N
A
P

C
I
T
Y

since there isnt a tablet general, I'm gonna ask this here.
I have an old-ass iPad 2 that I use only for reading and watching netflix. Seeing as apple dropped support for such old devices with iOS 10, I'm going to sell it this month.

My question is, what is the best midrange android tablet currently? Nvidia shield K1 seems pretty good but it is impossible to buy where I live.

Ignore the other retard, you can ask questions about chinkphones here. /csg/ will only shill the RN3P.

Pixel C

Get a real tablet. 4GB RAM/128GB internal + microsd slot Surface Pro 3 is ~$400 on amazon right now.

amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Tablet-10-8-Inch-Windows/dp/B012DTDI2C

>no microsd slot
>angry birds processor
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

damn man that is such a shame to hear you say that. I was 99% sold on the Moto x play.

are you sure the 615 is such a deal breaker?

no chink shit in my country lad.

See

see

currently stationed in Saudi Arabia lad. noon gets up to 50 deg Celsius.

some nights get to the low forties. its absolute hell. no wonder these people hate everyone

What the fuck is a Angry Birds processor?

any reason not to get a oneplus 2? seems pretty cheap nowadays especially for the specs

Got an S3 T999 (T-Mobile version) that I want to root and learn custom ROM shit with but the Sup Forums wiki has not helped yet. I went to the XDA forums for my exact phone, but the guides seem to be outdated because I tried the most recommended method (Towel Root) and it would not work. Anyone have any babby-mode methods that still work?

(I won't front, doing it so I can play Pokemon Go, and because I was always too lazy to do it when I got my S3.)

Pixel C can't run x86 programs. Also you can easily emulated Android OS on the Surface 3.

maybe a processor that is only good enough to run angrey birdies?
I don't know that guy seems pretty mad for some reason.

Zenfone 2 exists.

>inb4 bloatware
You can install a CM ROM (bootloader can be unlocked) if you're that autistic.

>surface 3
>good

>are you sure the 615 is such a deal breaker?
lmgtfy.com/?q=snapdragon 615 heating

>maybe a processor that is only good enough to run angrey birdies?
not him but pretty much this

>The Pixel Cuck is better
k

waddaup

How about you import it aka buy it on Aliexpress?

They have fake reviews on aliexpress.

no need to be a cunt desu. so what you're saying is there is literally no midrange phones out there with 3300+ mAh battery and a 617 chipset other than the Samsung j7??

other than chinkshit of course which are not available in my country...

HKGoldway ot TopOne are safe.

shoo shoo stinky chinky

dinodirect.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-5-5-snapdragon-650-hexa-core-smartphone-3g-32g-fingerprint-id-full-metal-fdd-lte-4g-16mp-miui-7-p42269377.html

Does this look legit? I really can't tell with chink websites. I'm about to jump on buying a Redmi Note 3 Pro because it apparently works on US Mobile and appears to be the best phone I can buy at that price.

Get it from top one or geekbuying

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-MIUI-V7-16-0MP-TOUCH-ID---Dark-Gray-362397.html?source=ShareAsale

>xiaomi mi 6
>xiaomi still hasn't released the kernel sources for the mi 5

reeeee

thanks, I just bought that one you linked. Fingers crossed. Guess i'll find out in a few days.
Hopefully it works okay with my network and everything. Upgrading from moto g3

you should also read 1984 if you haven't already

Don't forget to flash the global ROM when you get it.

en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html

It's not complicated as it looks, the guy just screenshoted every darn step.

Is there any better options for a unlocked phone for T-mobile with 3GB of Ram than the ZenFone 2 laser that are also in the mid $200 range?

call me up Sup Forums-chan

literally reading it as we speak lad.

samsung j7 2016 or xiaomi redmi 3 lads?

both have huge batteries and both are 720p. now the redmi has a lot more features and a better chipset that is true but if something goes wrong with it then I'm fucked. samsung provide 2year warranty on anything with replacement no question asked.

both are similarly priced here.. which is the way to go lads?

Feeling good about your chink memephone 3 and neckbeard?

Fuck you talking about. I won an HTC 10.

does anyone know if the zuk z2 will also get cm support ootb? It looks nice when I look at the gizmochina review but the zui scares me off. I don't want a chink os on my phone. I'd like clean android.

>zuk
>succ
ayy lmao

samshit vs chinkshit

haha applel is bad see and also also

lol you mad?

Anyone?

J7 is bigger, faster and has a better camera.
R3 has a better battery and is cheaper that's about it.

Is there anyway I can play Pokemon Go on an iphone 4 or am I fucked?

Is the Z3C still a good phone?
Getting a bit sick of my locked down (AT&T) Moto X, but there are no good smaller phones out right now that aren't less than $500

Depends on how much it costs, i think 200-250 is ok, everything above is not.

Buy a ZTE Warp Elite. It's only like $70 on amazon and fully supports that meme game.

No

Does frequent fast charging hurt the battery? As in putting it on a wireless charger for small chunks of the day and just get a little bump charge? My new car has a wireless charger built in

>Does frequent fast charging hurt the battery?
Depends on how hot the battery gets while charging. Generally as long as temperatures stay below 100F while charging then fast charging won't shorten the amount of charge cycles before a failure much. It's mainly exposure to hot temperatures that kills batteries faster.

>$230

Kek

Does that have 90MB/s write speed and fit inside a fucking phone?

100 MB/s transfer speed and there's this thing called a USB OTG cable that exists, I'm not autistic so I don't feel the need to carry my entire hentai collection on my phone

>100 MB/s transfer speed
not write speed

>100 MB/s transfer speed
Nobody gives a shit. Write speeds are like 20MB/s on that piece of shit lmao.

>and there's this thing called a USB OTG cable that exists
and there's this thing called SNAP CITY that exists

>I'm not autistic so I don't feel the need to carry my entire hentai collection on my phone
You're browsing Sup Forums, let that sink in.