Why do these exist?

We already have three, far superior mouse buttons above the trackpad, what is the point of the bottom two?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/item/191907955645
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ease of access.

this, and because some people disable one or the other, so there's independent buttons for each mousy thingy.

now delet dis

>not using your palm to click

Same reason there's a touchpad at all. For normies who aren't used to the trackpoint yet.

thumb.

>not having an x200 with only a trackpoint

Right hand index finger on the trackpad and left hand thumb resting on the left click button.

I hate it how I can't do that on other laptops. So many times were I accidentally zoomed in on webpages.

>memes

>I don't know what the word meme means.

You mean the nip mouse?

>I'm just now starting to use Sup Forums

yep you don't

Besttest pad

>using dedicated trackpad buttons
>not tapping the trackpad itself

Dedicated buttons are superior when it's not a clickpad

>don't knowing the feel of a macbook TouchPad

I'm using a Magic Touchpad right now. If you mean Apple's new ForceTouch gimmick, no, I haven't experienced it and couldn't care less if I ever do.

by tapping i mean like you'd tap touchscreen device. the clickpad on macbooks is the worst of the three.

The clickpad is the best way

How do I get used to using a pointing stick?

Just keep using it

Thinkpads should never have gotten trackpads. They had to shrink the keyboard down just so they can include a bigger trackpad.

I use both the trackpad and trackpoint depending on how I'm situated. If I'm laying in bed, I'll use the trackpad, otherwise I'll typically use the trackpoint.

Behold the glory of a trackpadless Thinkpad.

Just think of it as the closest you will ever get to a clit

>remove shit for no reason

just buy a 1 port macbook fag

disgusting

Where the hell do you get touchpad-less palmrests? Trying to get one for my X201, and the only places I've seen them sell for super jew prices (~$60)

Would this work?

ebay.com/itm/item/191907955645

Mine is an x200, which comes with no touchpad by default.

Cool, I think I can live without the fingerprint reader. The touchpad on the X201 is fugly and so tiny it's useless.

been thinking about getting a ThinkPad for programming and familiarizing myself with different Linux distro. X200, T420, or T420s. anyone who has any experience with any of these models, which do you prefer?

The x200 palmrest is compatible. I'm sure the fingerprint scanner is available. You shouldn't be using it though. It's incredibly easy to bypass

Nah, IIRC the fingerprint cables on the X200 and X201 aren't compatible - the X201 has a wider one to accomodate the trackpad.

That makes the X201 touchpad-less (but fingerprint-equipped) palmrest pretty rare and expensive.

But yeah, I'd have to admit it's a gimmick.

For user choice you autistic fucking retard.

For the same reason we have the trackpad at all. Because normies don't like clitmice.

Tripfags need to be stopped.

That's so you can fuck up what you're doing while you're typing and resting your wrists.

/tpg/ sticky faggot

Never used it but who thought it would be a good idea to have a crevice between the palm rest and the touchpad needs to be shot,

So faggots like you can troll on Sup Forums about them

>not just double tapping the trackpad to click

With the UltraNav software it's the best touchpad made. I use it more than the clitmouse.

I used the clit mouse for just 3 years and it fucked up my finger. I actually do prefer it, but for my hand's sake I use the pleb pad.

That is the worst trackpad ever created. It is completely fucking unusable and to make it worse, it's still horrible to use just the trackpoint with the pad disabled because of how it recognizes clicks at the top portion. Whoever let that reach production should be executed.

that pic is so cute!!!

You mean the point operated cursor device?

Objectively the best touchpads.

Why didn't anybody think of this sooner?

useless shit made for for wow-effect

I don't want the taptic BS, I just want the glass. I've damn near worn through the pad on my T520.

Glass is easier to clean too,

I've become so accustomed to using my middle finger on the trackpad and my index finger to click that I can't possibly unlearn it. Although why even use the trackpad in the first place when there's a trackpoint.

Because it sucks. Apple's trackpads that actually click are infinitely better.

gay

They don't exist on the t450, x250, t460 or x250.

This.
This is actually an x240, but I swapped the pad for the x250 like pad.

>Objectively the best touchpads.
>Objectively the best shits.
I'll admit Apple has done a very good job making touchpads good, but they could have started with a better input device to start with.

Damn glorious - I love my x200s.