/guts/ housefire edition, post the combined TDP of your CPU(s) and GPU(s) along with your specs

/guts/ housefire edition, post the combined TDP of your CPU(s) and GPU(s) along with your specs

Dual E5-2670s, a 7970, and 32 GB ECC, 550W TDP

My room is a damn sauna, the liquid coolers make it even worse.

>inb4 TDP is not what your computer really consumes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIdubmD3Tz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

plz can I remote?

>tfw used to have a Rosewill Rise

Best filters.

Fx6300 oc to 4.5Ghz + r9 390
Heats my room nicely :D

Even though it's listed as supporting E-ATX I don't think they ever actually did a test fit, that hard drive cage just barely fits under the board even with the clips bent

Still, cheapest desktop case by far you can buy that somewhat fits a server board

It's just too narrow

Once you put a rad in, you're fucked on hard disk space.

Dual E5472s, I don't know about the CPU's power draw but the RAM has it's own 6-pin and runs at 117C under high usage, that alone has to be >100

95w Q6600
55w HD7750
8GB Corsair DDR2
Seagate Barracuda LP 1TB 5900 RPM

I estimated 160w usage as a worst case scenario under load for my 300w psu.

are you me?

Why the fuck are you not running in quad channel per chip?

all of that invested and no fully modular psu,why

Mostly because of one channel being dead, I also don't need more than 32GB now but still want to be able to upgrade

;) The housefires are real. I have your PSU too.

The PSU was $25 and the cables were $25, for $50 I couldn't ask for much more

3970x and 980 ti for 400w tdp
Other specs are 32 gb ddr3 and 1tb 840 evo

Ask for a fire extinguisher.

That wattage and brand for 50 buck is a steal.

>i5 4690 4ghz undervolted + 390x with case fans both on custom air coolers
Shit runs cold as ice unusually it didnt used to.

oh well ill let some more dust build up

postegn

what fans in the nhd15?

Going to go for this and a 1070 I guess maybe Vega when it comes or a mini 1070

Any reason not to?

I like atx towers, but a 1070 is a 1070 no matter what it's in. Your call, user.

I have an athlon 5350 apu that's 55 Watts or so under load . It's an internet browsing machine.

Gj amd

also guts

Wish I had a reference card, this one pumps the case full of hot air.

2x Xeon x5570 @ 95w
1x GTX 660Ti @ 150w
8x 4gb DDR3 ECC 1600 @ 10w each i guess, they get real warm
420w of spaceheating performance

Why is a tentacle demon trying to summon itself from the depths of your build

Posting

I don't think my AMD housefire card gets cooling to speak of either despite the huge fucking case.

Take note of the three SSD for the giant ATX size, not even a HDD made use of.

Here is a performance for the SSD pic related.

Take note of the 850 watt supply for a total power usage around 400 watt.

>IDE mode
>SATA2

What the fuck are you doing

I actually measured my pc's wattage uaing a kill-a-watt just this evening!
With this setup, 387w was the maximum/peak i witnessed under load
Does not account for the 2 monitors
Psu is a 650w 80+ bronze (soon)
Yes i am the op for the older thread. Delete when?

i7 4790k 88W
GTX 980 Hydro Copper 165W
Total 253W TDP

Oh and it pulls ~400 from the UPS under load

It gets warm in the summer.

Perhaps it would help if you werent using a GTX 480 in your rig.

ive got the same dell, fuck that case bro. got a free gtx460, doesn't fuckin fit lmao. Thinking about getting a pcie riser cable...you know anything about those?

It has a shade more grunt than my 570, the extra cram helps with overwatch. Waiting on a 1070, I sold my old cards and had to resort to these.

What's the 2nd card in there for? Streaming?

I don't use them because I like my optiplex to be clean with a single slot card, and my needs aren't great enough for a dual slot card. It's funny you mentioned it because I saw a yt vid of a guy with a gtx 970 in his 755, which was cool, but if you can afort a 970 and 6000w psu, why not get something better than an optiplex?

>6000w psu
600w psu

I got my 755 for $20 off CL, no RAM nor CPU, but I had a q6600 from a dead mobo I picked up off the street one day.

Fucker booted right up, except anytime I open the case (like so) I have to remove/replace the CMOS jumper to get it to output video next boot :/

Poor af student, but it gets 150+ fps in CSGO so eh. Better than my old dual core AyyMD prebuilt.

get a 140mm water cooling for this, because those things are fucking hot and need as much airflow as possible

>755 for $20
That's a damn good deal, I like the 755, doesn't have the capacitor problems of the 745s made in 2007, can do a raid array on the motherboard and they support the 45nm core 2 chips that clock really high.

Thing is, the back hooks for the cooler, are nonexistent. The crackhead who sold it to me apparently took them off....and it still runs pretty cool if my face isn't in the front exhaust fan's 2 foot blast radius lmao

another problem with 2 slot cards is prying the CMOS battery out, thing scares the shit outta me when at first I can't reach to where it flung to.

If Dell didn't cuck their motherboard design, and stuck to a standard, I'd be behind them. But the fact that I'm stuck to this case, and the shit aesthetics, makes me mad at them.

Damn that sucks, my original optiplex 745 must've been in a crackhead because they hot glued the RAM slots, and it broke one of them when I removed the original ram, which is another reason besides capacitors,why I replaced it

If Dell made these optiplexes ATX with the big ass heatsink and industrial design, it'd be the best oem pc money can buy.

What BIOS version are you on? I'm stuck on A09, when there's all the way to A21 and anytime I try to flash it gives an error that the file isn't in memory (which, if it stashed it in RAM and expects it to be there on reboot, I've got news for it)

I have the 2.6.6 bios from 2011 on my 745, it was the last one the made. My optiplex 745 is weird, I can even downgrade the BIOS, and go back to the new one whenever, its totally cool with it for some reason.

You can buy optiplex 980s for $50 now why buy a 755

PhysX and one analog monitor

sounds fun. Put a desk fan blowing the exhausts away from you near it
Nice keyboard
nice bogey green motherboard
VRRRRRRRRRRRRR

what gpus are those
it looked better with poo fans
>1070
10-20% better than a 480, twice the price
more spaghetti than an Italian restaurant
nice. Why one air and one liquid?
crop that picture

looks good though
>but mom, I need a full tower
atleast the cables are braided
I like that case, but it's bigger than my ATX case I have now
Dust magnet
looks nice though
prebuilts never look good, no matter how much cable management is done. How have HP/Dell achieved this

>>but mom, I need a full tower
>atleast the cables are braided

I got the 750D because of how simple it looked when it released and also because of having a huge fucking window
>inb4 window

If the 400C existed at the time i would have gone for that instead, im so tempted to get it but i have no excuse for it

Nothing wrong with getting a full tower for a standard board, the airflow helps when you're doing something like an x264 transcode of an edited video and your cpu is slammed.

PSU: Corsair CX650M 3rd PSU in 2 years, sure Corsair has pretty good RMA but...

Ambient is 33~34C and 95% on the barometer.

CPU is running a Hyper 212x TURBO push pull config.

Computer is at idle when shot was taken.

I use corsair RAM and I love it, but that's pretty shitty to have 3 PSUs go when you pay extra for it.

what exactly do you do with such a computer?

btw who makes that motherboard?

Not him, but xeons are really good for heavy workloads, the binning process is better, so they can run low volt cores and run cooler when you max them out in a video editing render or if you're using it as a server and it's being worked constantly.

Corsair is just branded garbage especially when it comes to PSUs, get some kind of super flower rebrand like the evga g2.

I am using a Noctua NH-D14 and the x5470 is lapped but temps and my lack of voltage knowledge with the are still holding me back from overclocking the CPU further, but at 1440p I still average 45fps in most new games which isn't bad for a $450 upgrade.

Well, the CX650M was a decently reviewed PSU so I thought I'd try it out...

I'm kinda not wanting a Super Flower due to a friend's silver rated 650W failing with a 750TI.
It would boot up normally but reboot when he booted up a game. He later bought a Thermaltake SmartDPS 750W and the issue went away, he latter upgraded to a 980TI.

TLDR
SuperFlower silver rated 650W psu PCI-E rail fail.

What a beast, those 45nm Penryn chips still have legs.

With the CPU and GPU both overclocked I'd guess this PC would consume close to 350W at maximum load, though it would never get even close to that in a real usage scenario. Hell, I could comfortably run three 1070s on my EVGA G2 750W.

>Corsair is just branded garbage especially when it comes to PSUs
No?

Rebranded? Yes. Garbage? Check the OEM.

More like check the reviews. Seasonic and Super Flower, OEMs of some of the best consumer power supplies on the market, have put out complete duds in the past.

I actually had to overclock the gtx 970 to get it 1440p to run smooth, but I could only push the core clock up +135 and the upping the volts seems to have no effect, not sure if all the 970s are like this or just the MSI version, either way it is much better overclocked.

>Nothing wrong with getting a full tower for a standard board
its slim atx

Q6600 at 3.6 is roughly 130-150 tdp (coolermaster v8 can barely handle it)

ATI HD4890 is 190 tdp.

So it's at least 300 tdp. Certified housefire.

For $25 you can upgrade the q6600 to a x5460 and overclock it past 4ghz for a 40% percent performance gain.

It's my meme machine. I've even installed Vista on it. I have a 4690k on my main rig.

I would still do it just for the mod factor.

I want all that fuckin storage more than anything, cool guts, X99 is a beast.

I would post guts, but my rig is kinda hideous on the inside.

4690K 4.6GHz using H100i
GTX970 OC to 1531 1.2250v
1x1TB 3X2TB hard drivers
Total I've seen pull from the wall was 320watts.

Play videos all night, room gets uncomfortably hot by the morning.

I'm just using super-xbr so power consumotion according to GPU-Z is around 25% average.

Can't wait for summer to be over my hard drivers are always above 35ºC even at 6AM.

storage was my primary concern with this build. It's for encoding and storing my media collection so I at least put the 5820k through it's paces every now and then.

Which brand of 970?

I can smell the absolute regret in that build.

The 400C looks good on paper, but I bet you cursed when you discovered how restrictive the case was. It's way too big to essentially have the same problems that mitx has.

g1 gaming gtx 970.

max temp ive seen with oc is 72ºc at 70% fan

Are you using a modded bios?

obviously
boost disabled and no perfcap limit.

I have the msi 970 and I haven't found a bios that says it works for that model, if I use your bios or an EVGA bios will that brick it or do I need to keep looking for a modded bios tailored to MSI?

no if you flash a bios from another model youre going to brick it

have you found your max stable overclock yet and voltage?

post your bios i will mod it for you, you can use gpu-z to save the bios file.

It is on another PC which I don't have access to right now, right now I can get to +135 without upping the voltage, but even with the voltage maxed +140 is not stable.

Are you hitting perfcap ? power or voltage will drop clocks and make it unstable or maybe you just got unlucky and can't go higher there are multiple reason that could cause it to crash.

what model? the MSI 970 4G?

To get the most of out your card you need to be super specific, what clocks exactly are you getting and voltage, you need to monitor everything using msi afterburner because we want exact values.

Add me on steam

It is the MSI 970 4G, I see artifacts and sometimes games will crash above +140 so I dropped it to +135 just to be safe but I could run it +140 with limited or no crashes, I just stared overclocking it last week so I don't know what perfcap is. I don't have a steam account. when I use Heaven, the test where it spins around the fountain I get the exact same artifact even at stock speeds so I am not sure if maybe there is a problem with my card or not. At +135 I have the power at 110 and and stock volts.

The drivers crash when I get around +200 but I don't remember the exact number.

Are you overclocking the memory?

Graphics artifacts are usually a problem with the memory being too high.

Games/driver crashing is usually because too low voltage.

youtube.com/watch?v=wIdubmD3Tz0

Do this to monitor your GPU in game but also enable unlock voltage control/monitoring on the General tab and then in game like the rest.
That way you can read you in-game GPU Core clocks and voltage instead of "+145"

See what are you max clocks and voltage at stock settings first.
Then we start going higher from there.

Also get GPU-Z and check the Sensors tab where it says "PerfCap Reason"

vRel = Reliability. Indicating perf is limited by reliability voltage.
VOp = Operating. Indicating perf is limited by max operating voltage.
Pwr = Power. Indicating perf is limited by total power limit.
Thrm = Thermal. Indicating perf is limited by temperature limit.
Util = Utilization. Indicating perf is limited by GPU utilization.

I had my roommate check it, the perfcap is Util and it is clocked at Boost 1393, I kept dropping the clock down due to that heaven artifact, which happens exactly the same each time, so now I am thinking I should disregard it and start over, I am not overclocking the ram yet.

1393mhz is a okay boost clock, you might be able to hit 1500, it all depends on voltage you need to do what I told you to monitor everything first.

I' will be hanging around here all day so make a thread or something later

Thank you, I get off work in a few hours, by the way is it good that the perfcap is Util?

Nice job hiding those cables with speccy you fucking fag

980's are shit. Shot being a poorfag and join the 7010 mastterrace

I reach 85C under load with 90% fan speed, is that housefire enough?

Yeah, the real problem would be Pwr,VRel and VOP. everything else can be solved easily.