RX480 Crossfire faster than the 1080

>"RX480 Crossfire will be faster than the 1080, and it will be cheaper" - the AMD promised
>and it is actually faster
>AMD delivered under DX12, future of the games

>Nvidiots switching to full damage control now
What's it feels like to be cuck'd by Jewvidia, Sup Forums? Why aren't you buying the RX480?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUpby4W7Mas
youtube.com/watch?v=uxnFv8cnjZA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7Jci6m0Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc
modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/
zdnet.com/article/warning-nvidia-196-75-drivers-can-kill-your-graphics-card/
gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/windows-10-is-killing-nvidia-graphics-cards-720443
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862417/geforce-drivers/windows-10-geforce-drivers-are-killing-samsung-and-lg-notebook-lcd-display-panels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now if only AMD could compete with a single card, maybe the market would react.

>Crossfire
E-enjoy your microstutt-uttering.

>> DX12, future of the games
Good one pajeet

>Now if only AMD could compete with a single card, maybe the market would react.

>RX480: 199$
>1070: 350$
>almost the same performance on 1080p, and can be even better under DX12 and Vulkan

Well kek, now this is what I call competing. Not sure what you've meant though, because AMD is obviously competing Nvidia currently with the RX480.

>>> DX12, future of the games
>Good one pajeet

Well "Pajeet", you need try harder with the damage control. You're doing a shitty job, go back to the school desk and learn how to control the damage better.

AYYMD GPUS don't support Feature Level 12_1, they are not even DX12 GPUs and won't even run real DX12 games

OK. I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GOING TO GET THE DOUBLE MEME. WISH ME LUCK.

>Defending cherry picked SLI/CF benches in 2016
>Completely ignoring ones in which you barely gain any performance or you lose it/game has no SLI support.

Yep it's Sup Forums alright

You meme too hard shill. Meanwhile in reality 480 can't compete with 980 and gets btfo by OCed 970. Go do some benchmarks in Ashes of Singularity since you don't play games anyway.

$3.50 have been deposited into your Nvidia account

>Meanwhile in reality 480 can't compete with 980 and gets btfo by OCed 970
>"this heavily overclocked card beats this stock card!!111one"

youtube.com/watch?v=NUpby4W7Mas

kek back to your cave green slime

>AMDrones genuinely believe that everyone who criticizes AMD is a paid nvidia shill

>Feature Level 12_1
Aka hacked up fixes to make shitvidia cards seem like they have DX12 support

Shouldn't buy a ref house fire then.
Just go to 3dmark benches, select any CPU you want and compare it with 480/970. Your card can't even beat a AMD loving firestrike.

>firestrike
>Not nvidia biased
nice meme

>Shouldn't buy a ref house fire then.
yeah i didn't buy an nvidia card. they have the patent on housefire technology

*$3.60

because surely firestrike or fps count gives us a nice insight on how the card works right?

there is a reason as to why NO ONE did a frame pacing test on dx12 with nvidia cards

youtube.com/watch?v=uxnFv8cnjZA

have fun with your stutterfest cuck

Literally a shill except AMD probably is too bankrupt to even pay you. Shocking.

BUT DX12 IS AMD BIASED

DELETE THIS

fucking awesome.
I can't wait for my RX480

>nvidia shills are too young to even remember nvidia inventing housefires
i feel old now

you mean a gtx 590?
the eternal housefire winner

Can't rely on DX12

Shit is just NOW starting to be mostly DX11 which has been out for-fucking-ever.

Fuck MS and DX12. Vulkan is where it's at. It's pretty much the same thing and it's not tied to shitty Windows 10

Vulkan also supported

VULKAN IS ALSO AMD BIASED REEEEEEEEE

well look at the timetables

dx11 got its first full game after 2 years of being out

dx12 got its first game 8 months after

there is no comparison to be made its going hard because ms wants to undercut vulkan

>BUTTMAD IGNORANT AYYMDPOORFAGS DETECTED

Only Nvidia has real DX12 GPUs with Feature level 12_1, AYYMD GPUs are nothing but hacks to support their inferior garbage

>cant do async
>doesnt have hardware sc
>doesnt have hardware casting support
>literally being a cucked card
>claims full dx12_1 support

how can nvidia cards have 12_1 when they don't even have feature level 12_0 ??

>dismissing advances in technology
>Sup Forums

Vulkan literally happened because AMD donated Mantle to Khronos because Mantle wasn't going anywhere being an AMD exclusive technology. Thankfully NVIDIA didn't act like an asshole for a change and they supported it.

Hopefully it'll win over DX12 and we'll see more games on macOS and Linux.

Xbox One uses DX12. More games are going to be supporting DX12 because of this.

you obviously dont know the whole story eh lol

search when nvidia released that vulkan demo on their site

then search about that day on google...

nvidia literally introduced a one way path ONLY FOR THEM amd cards couldnt run it
and after 2 days they finally decided to open it..

expect to see shit like this to happen more often now

2x480 = A lot more power drawn

these threads are pure cancer

Intel also has Feature Level 12_1, AYYMD is the only shit company that can't support 12_1

>480 uses more power than is allowed and runs out of compliance of PCIe power spec, 160W+
>320W to match Nvidia single GPU

Power efficient, AYYMD is not

didn't they have to give shekels to nvidia tho?

What part of my post was wrong? I didn't say anything about who had demos of Vulkan first.

I'm happy that NVIDIA supports Vulkan, otherwise we wouldn't have a decent cross-platform competitor against DX12.

Like Apple they could've chosen not to support it. Besides NVIDIA is still not doing freesync because they have their own proprietary version despite freesync being a fucking displayport standard. We'd be fucked if AMD was still doing Mantle and NVIDIA came up with their own API

>AIB cards don't have this problem

Why the fuck would I care about power draw? I have a 1000 watt Platinum+ PSU. I live in a dorm so electricity bills don't exist. I already have a Freesync monitor so this is a logical upgrade.

my point was that in their first ever try on vulkan they decide to CLOSED it for nvidia users only....

if that isnt a glimpse of the future they will try to achieve then....
we are literally running head on to what you are saying..2 different api's dx12 for amd and locked down vulkan for nvidia..screenshot this and showed me after 1-2 years..

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying

Are you saying Vulkan was closed at some point? Wut

yes for 2 days till the shit hit their doorstep
the demo they released was only working on nvidia cards

>barely beats a 2 year old 970
>same if not higher power usage
>same price

>You too can save a few dollars and condemn yourself to a life of fiddling with GPU settings/ waiting for drivers!

No thanks.

>970 1.5 years ago
2 years
>higher power usage
thats the price of actually having hardware
>same price
970 msrp 299
480 msrp 199

I wonder what happens if you pair two 970s

On a much lower process node no less. The 970 is 28nm, AMD had to go to 14nm to MATCH it

>RX480: 199$
more like $320
>1070: 350$
more like $600

fucking hate europe for this

>Being a 20-25% VAT EUROKEK

When I bought my GTX 970 last week it was like this here in germany.

RX 480: 269€
GTX 970: 249€

MSRP isn't the real price

>posting anime

are you actually comparing a card that came out 1 week ago with an msrp of 199
with one that came out 1.5 year ago with an msrp of 299?

are you actually doing that to justify your payment ?

>bought a 970 last week
>literally 2 games already DOA maxwell 1.0 and 2.0
>feel sorry for him

youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7Jci6m0Ak

>same channel

holy shit the 480 gets blown the fuck out by like 15 fps by the 970

because dx12 is built with different feature level sets. you don't need to support 12_0 to support 12_1.

I still dont know why you need over 60 fps to play non-competitive games, its not like you need extremely low input lag or higher frames

Who the fuck cares? Both can be bought for same money, that's all that matters. OC 970 destroys a 480. I'm not even that guy

970 won't even matter if it's OC'd under DX12 games.
The new generation will literally destroy it, and even if it's OCd. Also, Nvidia will degrade it purposefully through the GameWorks titles to force you to buy the new generation.

This, looks like everyone forgot kepler too fast. Nvidia stopped manufacturing 900 series cards already. They have no reason to not gimp their old cards like they did before.

Maxwell is already dying a painful death. I do want to see a site rebench tomb raider after the latest patch - we might see some interesting results.

Hahahaha

970 currently only destroys 480 in gameworks infested games and that by 3-4 fps...

on neutral games and most importantly dx12.. 970 is so far behind not even hubble can see it

they cant.. latest patch removed support for maxwell cards in general as total warhammer too

that is what you get for waiting the "async driver"
or to even believe nvidia for that matter

No shit, those two cards draw thrice the power of a single 1080.

Good on both green and red team to be competing on price this gen though - fuck having to fork over $600 a year if you're on the upgrade treadmill jew.

>Vulkan
dead on arrival piece of shit.

>SLI/Crossfire

Really only two scenarios where it might make sense to deal with that crap

1) You're filthy rich and want something faster than the fastest single card available. So you get 2x GTX 1080 SLI to make full use of your 1440p 144hz monitor.

2) You have a card that's a couple years old but don't really have the money for a new one that would warrant an upgrade. So you buy your old card again.

And the last one only makes sense if you can find a good deal on a used card (cheaper than average ebay prices), otherwise it's probably wiser to sell your old card and buy a proper new one.
For the rest, go away with your microstutter, driver issues and power draw.

>Some benchmarks claim that in the limited number of games that support crossfire, dual RX480's are capable of keeping up with the 1080
>Claiming this as some kind of victory

AMDrones on suicide watch.

still can't forget this card. oh god it was literal house fire, not a meme. I still wonder how it couldn't melt the motherboard or damage other peripherals with that heat.

Song?

why is there almost no difference between 1070 and 1080>

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc

cheapest rx 480 is 230e and cheapest 1070 480e

Talos is literally the first game to support it and it's in alpha state with unoptimized drivers.

KEK FUCKING KEK

how did nvidia get away with this? AMD 7950 was the best card in the world and even it didn't have housefire with that huge watt requirement. Why didn't amd sell enough at that period?

vulkan in general isnt really up to its task yet it needs a lot of work

Nvidia has quite a few drivers that flatout killed cards, killed windows and in one hilarious case (that Sup Forums tried to blame Intel for) killed laptop displays.

modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/

zdnet.com/article/warning-nvidia-196-75-drivers-can-kill-your-graphics-card/

gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/windows-10-is-killing-nvidia-graphics-cards-720443

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862417/geforce-drivers/windows-10-geforce-drivers-are-killing-samsung-and-lg-notebook-lcd-display-panels/

>crossfire
>dx12

This is the only argument AMD shills have and it's weak as fuck.

How many dx12 game are there? How many are there going to be when this gen of gpus are end of life? How many of said games are going to be worth playing or games that you would want to play?

Be brand agnostic, get the best price per performance for your use case and stop making these retarded threads

>brand agnostic
you're saying you can't prove that one brand does or does not exists?

>How many dx9 game are there? How many are there going to be when this gen of gpus are end of life?

>How many dx11 game are there? How many are there going to be when this gen of gpus are end of life?

Fun fact: DX12 has a faster adoption rate than DX11 did. Hell in the first year of release Mantle was supported by more games than DX11 was in its first year.

No I'm saying be skeptical and critical toward both brands

Is this the power of 3.5? Imagine what it could do with 4.0

>Temperature on the AMD card is omitted

hmmmm

>5 fps for a two year old card that costs that same now

Nice job, AMD! You really created a master piece this time.

5 fps being 30 mhz underclocked vs a highly clocked 1.5 year old card? hmmm

cant imagine what will happen with an overclocked one...lel

how many games did dx11 had its first year?

thats right zero zip nada
how many games dx12 have being 11 months now (a year in 3 weeks)
16 already and with total warhammer revealing the nvidia stutterfest they cant really call it broken or just a bench...

>no temperature on the 480

ayy lmao

Look at the shadows in the middle and compare to other sides.

Here is the Sup Forums and Nvidia approved rebuttel.

Vulkan doesn't support Fullscreen

I love how when you set ultra quality on some games, with the 970 you still get shit looking shadows and lower res textures... gotta love those "driver optimizations" to stay within 3.5 GB hahahaha.

This. Every time someone dismisses DX12 or Vulkan as being new and irrelevant they forget to mention how all their benchmarks are done in DX11 not DX9.

((((AMD CROSSFIRE))))

(((CROSSFIRE)))

''''''''CROSSFIRE''''''''''

C R O S S F I R E

((((((((AMD CROSSFIRE)))))))))