When did software development devolve into this?

When did software development devolve into this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-5obm1G_FY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

let's see what you've written then

what's wrong?

I urge you to watch the first minute of this and it'll be clear what's wrong: youtube.com/watch?v=e-5obm1G_FY

Watched the first minute, and nothing was discussed.

kys

>advocates functional programming
Seems fine to me. Sounds like you're jealous a qt can do something you can't.

C'mon guys you're no fun.

literally what is the issue here?

When spic redditors like yourself decided to come here.

I guess JS is not a pure functional language which triggers anons autism.

If it were purely functional it wouldn't be useful for web, since a lot of web is I/O.

Even haskell has to use monads, which are imperative, let's be real.

I was trying to bait you first with someone using thousands of lines of code worth of frameworks to write a simple toy program, and then with a linguist, of all things, giving a talk about functional programming.

I only managed to trigger a racist from Sup Forums
If this thread proves anything is that Sup Forums is much closer to the type of discussion that happens on reddit than you believe.

Good for you guys I guess.

>terminal
>toy program
nice bait

>linguists turned software developer can't talk about software development
nice bait

Well, as a linguist by training and software developer by trade myself it's kind of nice to see you recognize me as your equal. Unexpected, but nice.

There is nothing wrong with this.

You come here bitching about good people and think we're going to turn into apes just because "OH NO WIMMEN IN TECH" and "SPANISH". Only retards would fall for that bait. Go back to censorrit, and kill yourself.

>terminal
>toy program

That "terminal" is a webapp that executes commands and pipes their output into HTML. It's a toy, let's be real.

>bitching about good people
Am I on Sup Forums? Oh wow.
I'm Spanish AND a girl btw, and you did lash out against that

ok after it downloaded 100+ mbytes on my computer i changed my mind

I like it when people put Javascript or Node on their resumees. Saves me the time inviting them.

What's unexpected is your stupidity. A software developer in training can give talks about software development, especially when she says 'this talk is just about my learning experience'

>It's a toy, let's be real.
A terminal system is not a toy, however, which is what that person is probably trying to achieve, even if the current state is only simple output piping

That wasn't me, but okay.

If you want to trigger people go post pic related this on Sup Forums

11000 files what the hell

>terminal webapp is more than 100mb
>what's wrong?
>literally what is the issue here?

When did Sup Forums devolve into this?

>someone isn't that good of a developer
>you and OP acting like it's the end of the world
kys

>post was literally about the idea of a terminal app in a browser
>nowhere does it ask "Is it a good idea to make this shit 100MB and 11000 files? :)"
>if you wanted to bring up the size and number of files, SCREENSHOT THAT YOU DUMB FUCK
>fuck you

>not an expert
>talking to most likely experts in the audience

How can she do that? I'd feel so little and worthless. What's the point?

Javascript became popular with kids and women and Sup Forumsentoomen are becoming younger as the old school compile-time programmers grow up and get actual jobs.

Why would you care about what some fuckmonkey does with his time? You're right about the fact that this shit is just fucking pointless and stupid, but stupid people are going to do stupid shit whether you like it or not, and this isn't exclusive to programming alone.

>Hi, I have absolutely no competence to be giving this talk, so please enjoy your wasted 30 minutes
Is it because she is a woman or because she is Anjula Pooinloo?

hipsters.
don't understand what is a terminal emulator
don't understand a shell just calls commands

>Capture de pantalla
Is this a spell to screenshot?

I didn't need to open the link or examine the code to know it was bullshit.

All I had to know was that it came from Reddit.