Microsoft spies on you

I love how everyone complete missed the announcement that Windows 7 and 8 now have incorporated the exact same data collection and spying that Windows 10 is using and that 7 and 8 are equally as invasive as 10 is invasive.

Other urls found in this thread:

privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html
infoworld.com/article/2981947/microsoft-windows/the-truth-about-windows-7-and-81-spy-patches-kb-3068708-3022345-3075249-and-3080149.html
technobuffalo.com/2013/08/22/nsa-windows-8-exploit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only if you have automatic updates on.

Windows 10 user since D1
don't give a shit about your spyware botnet maymay

You're an idiot.

>telemetry
anonymous data collect to learn what users want to do with their stuff and optimize the future versions of win10
>cortana
yes cortana try to know everything about you, that's the part1 job of an assistant, you don't want that, don't use an assistant

Tbh, I'm an Ubuntufag but I think Windows 10 is probably the best Windows OS I've seen.

Not that I'm going to switch to Windows, ofc.

Not if you don't accept that update.
Wangblows 10 has it built in and you can't get rid of it for good :)

What are the update IDs?

Pajeet

Lol isolate win 7 on its own drive, no updates, only gaming. Any downloads go through a vm first and are checked.
Main drive has a non cucked os for work and other stuff.
Its not hard to get around this shit, especially with liberal usage of vm's, your just to stupid.

>now
It's been for at least half a year, there WAS a shitstorm.

Op is pointing out how many people missed the shitstorm. And he's right. Everyone seems to still believe that 7 and 8 are safe.

don't feed the trolls user.

poojeet

/thread

All versions of W10 can set Basic level.

But 7 is.

>8 ain't

They received the same telemetry updates. So no.

>implying it was mandatory

So yes.

By that logic 8 is safe as well.

We didn't miss it. People just don't care because, unlike in windows 10, you can just shut it off in Win 7 and 8.

Why are you bothering? People are ignorant or stupid to even know what you are talking about

>anonymous
>identifiers

>The botnet meme

You can literally disable and remove all the crap in windows 10.

nop

>have incorporated the exact same data collection and spying
updates can be uninstalled, old news btw

Optimizing the future OS versions, you say? Botnet isn't real? Did you by any chance happen to have read Microsoft's privacy policy? They're definitely collecting personal data and they're not even hiding it.
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

False. Also Windows 10 is a literal botnet.

Why would you do this for free

>when you create a Microsoft account and log into it, Microsoft will know who you are

No fucking shit, retard. Fuck off.

They state they may collect EVERYTHING, again EVERYTHING!
Whether they do that or not, doesn't matter ,what matters is that they have the right.

And that's how you win an argument myfriends.
FUCK YOU DUDE!

correlation equals causation all over the place

Exactly. I really want to know why should your OS even be able to collect private data in the first place and why there isn't an option to turn it off? All you can do is set it to basic. I really want to see the excuse shills come up with for this.

Of course.
It's not that Microsoft pushes people to Windows 10 for convenience reasons, not because they can't spy on them in 7 and 8.
That's why I don't bother with Windows any more, fuck them. GNU/Linux isn't perfect but my computer is still my computer and not "this device" and I have none of the "we're setting up things for you, we've scheduled updates for you :^)" etc

I'm (and forever be on W7) and OP can eat a bag of dicks for this bait.
My Windows Update is set to "never check" by itself, I run it manually from time and research on internet every KB that Microsoft suggests for my machine. Is the KB suspicious? (upgrade to W10, telemetry or other bullshit) -> right-click and hide; it seems to be okay -> check and install. How hard is that?

>mfw when up-to date and worry-free on best os in the world

>How hard is that?
It's awfully inconvenient that's for sure.
And considering Microsoft loves to bundle updates there's no guarantee you haven't let some update slip by piggybacking on security fixes.
That is if the descriptions are even to be trusted in the first place.

just disable the- windows update service+background intelligent- altogether.

>background intelligent
You mean BITS?

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

You missed the
>research on internet
part.
Microsoft's descriptions of its KBs are awfully bad and intentionally misleading since the push for W10 had started.

>tfw i do the same thing
a-are you me?

I even got a WSUS Offline Update snapshot with all the botnet and unwanted updates blacklisted in a .7z, so if i need to reinstall W7 i just run that script and boom, OS up to date.

also this, at one point they won't even tell you what you install and you have to do a deep search to find out

YES I DO.
Everything works fine without it and Win update depends on it.

>YES I DO.
Who are you trying to convince, yourself or me?

I was answering your question, MORON!

I didn't that's why I said it's inconvenient.
If you feel like playing cat and mouse with Microsoft that's your choice.

I pity sysadmins when Windows Update inevitably screws up

>MORON!
You know, you must be 18+ to be here, right?

>I pity sysadmins when Windows Update inevitably screws up
That's what WSUS or on a larger scale SCCM is for.

Updates should get tested, but no, that's not really the point of this thread.

Hey, look at this Pajeet! User #12463453 who has signed into Steven John's facebook account 328 times this month just googled "Dragon Dildos". Yeah, that is totally not an invasion of privacy.

>imfuckingplying

virus

If you stop googling "Dragon Dildos" you'll have nothing to fear. Only people who behave shamefully frequently desire privacy.

>Automatically installing updates
Yeah no thanks
I'll just use an outdated w7 for gaymen and use ganoo plus loonux for the rest

this

8 had a backdoor engineered directly into the OS

so no.

citation required

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html

this.
>also
mah nigga

Doesn't work as an argument on bootlicking Sup Forumsfags
They love authoritarianism

what backdoor?

embrace extend extinguish

fake

Wrong. Even if you install those optional updates, it's as simple as disabling CEIP:

infoworld.com/article/2981947/microsoft-windows/the-truth-about-windows-7-and-81-spy-patches-kb-3068708-3022345-3075249-and-3080149.html

Whereas in Windows 10 there is no way to disable telemetry.

technobuffalo.com/2013/08/22/nsa-windows-8-exploit/

Time to Gentoo up, comrade

There. Now disable automatic updates.